Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 09:10 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
People who refer to the Israelis as Zionists don't need to be discredited. You've already discredited yourself. Calling Israelis in general Zionists is just like nutcases who call all Democrats communists. If you want to appear as someone who has credibility, then don't use the terminology of nutcase conspiracy theorists, Muslim extremists, and white supremacists.
I said Zionists not all Israeli's. You are trying to put words in my mouth. Another attempt to discredit me and trail off the subject of the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
A former coworker was a survivor of the unprovoked attack on the Liberty. He was seriously wounded by shrapnel and was fortunate to mostly recover from the injuries, but it profoundly affected his life afterwards.

BTW, no need for conspiracy stories or revisionism. The facts are stunningly clear. Israelis fighters attacked the Liberty in international waters while it was collecting signals intelligence on Egyptian military communications during the Six Day War.

Why the interest in Egyptian radio transmissions? Because at the time they used equipment supplied by the USSR and the Cold War was in full swing.

The attack continued over more than half an hour with repeated strafing runs by both jet fighters and Israeli gunboats. It was clearly NOT a simple case of "mistaken identification" as Israel always claims to cover its tracks.

While Israel is America's only reliable ally in the region, the US is a much better ally to them than they are to us.

"The Israelis maintain this was simply a case of mistaken identity, but this clearly does not hold water," said Moorer, who was chief of naval operations at the time of the attack. "In clear visibility, this unique ship was very easy to identify."The Israeli forces circled the ship and then proceeded to attack over an extended period of time. There is Simply no way the fighter pilots and torpedo boat crews could have come to such a conclusion," he said.

USS Liberty - Israeli Pilot Speaks Up

Thanks for the link. Shows the lies the Zionists told very clearly. May our 34 crew men rest in peace after being murdered by Zionists.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:24 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,093,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are just trying to discredit me. Israel is the one that deliberately attacked an American Ship.
You cannot paint a rosy picture about these Zionists. The internet is letting the truth come out.
All i hear is crickets about the Israeli pilot that could see our American flag and refused to attack and then court martial-ed for breaking off his attack.
I have no need to discredit you. Your anti-jewish stance speaks for itself. The proof is in the pudding, by picking every and any historical event that portrays Israel in a negative light. You never bring up positive events though, just usually revisionist stories or events to demonize Israel.

That being said, the fact remains is that Israel was days away from a big war. An unidentified ship was refusing to ID themselves to IAF pilots. I remember reading a passage from Enest, and he said that they just happened to have a Jewish sailor who knew Hebrew on board, and while he was translating Hebrew, the pilots sometimes spoke in English to its command. IAF pilots do not speak English back at command. After several attempts of the IAF for ID, the Liberty did not radio back. Why? What were they hiding? Why is not feasible to think an ally would identify themselves or believe an enemy could fly a false flag days before the Six Day War?

The U.S recalled air cover not because of war with Israel but because they were not supposed to be there in the first place. Plus, if this was a serious attack from Israel, why did the U.S bury the files till this day? And do not bring up the Jewish Lobby, who couldn't get Roosevelt to bomb a pathetic railroad to Auschwitz.

Give it a rest. It was a mistake that the U.S made.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:27 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,093,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
because that would have meant war against Israel.
McNamara, McCain, Johnson, they wanted to bury it.

Dean Rusk, Johnson's Secretary of State (in the only known instance where he disagreed with the President) wrote:

"We also lost 34 American lives when, on June 8, the fourth day of the war, the U.S. communications ship Liberty came under air and naval attack. We were meeting with President Johnson in the White House situation room, considering the implications had the Soviets or Egyptians attacked the ship, when we received word from Tel Aviv that Israeli forces were responsible. That didn't please us, although an Israeli attack on Liberty was far easier to deal with. But I was never satisfied with the Israeli explanation. Their sustained attack to disable and sink Liberty precluded an assault by accident or some trigger-happy local commander. Through diplomatic channels we refused to accept their explanations. I didn't believe them then, and I don't believe them to this day. The attack was outrageous."Rusk's memoirs: "As I Saw It" (W.W.Norton, 1990) p388

Or maybe because they failed to identify themselves to IAF, and this small flag that IAF may or may of not seen could of been a false flag operation by another country? It was a mistake that the U.S will not make again.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:22 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,813,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
I remember reading a passage from Enest, and he said that they just happened to have a Jewish sailor who knew Hebrew on board

Are you sure you don't mean "Ennes"?

Who is Jim Ennes?

Old 02-11-2015, 10:27 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,813,278 times
Quote:

That being said, the fact remains is that Israel was days away from a big war.
Wasn't the Six Day War already happening?

Old 02-11-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
I have no need to discredit you. Your anti-jewish stance speaks for itself. The proof is in the pudding, by picking every and any historical event that portrays Israel in a negative light. You never bring up positive events though, just usually revisionist stories or events to demonize Israel.

That being said, the fact remains is that Israel was days away from a big war. An unidentified ship was refusing to ID themselves to IAF pilots. I remember reading a passage from Enest, and he said that they just happened to have a Jewish sailor who knew Hebrew on board, and while he was translating Hebrew, the pilots sometimes spoke in English to its command. IAF pilots do not speak English back at command. After several attempts of the IAF for ID, the Liberty did not radio back. Why? What were they hiding? Why is not feasible to think an ally would identify themselves or believe an enemy could fly a false flag days before the Six Day War?

The U.S recalled air cover not because of war with Israel but because they were not supposed to be there in the first place. Plus, if this was a serious attack from Israel, why did the U.S bury the files till this day? And do not bring up the Jewish Lobby, who couldn't get Roosevelt to bomb a pathetic railroad to Auschwitz.

Give it a rest. It was a mistake that the U.S made.
]

There you go changing what i say. I said Zioinists not the common Israeli citizen. I have nothing against Israel but i don't like what the Zionist do. Are you a Zionist?

You are so full of hooey about the attack. REREAD this link provided by OLD GRINGO and you will see you are wrong on every account about the attack on the Liberty. Why do you live in the USA rather than Israel? You think so much more about it than you do the dead sailors from the Liberty. You have never expressed you feelings about them at all.

USS Liberty - Israeli Pilot Speaks Up

I got to thinking that you might consider this a personal attack. To me it is not. I think it is a fair question.

Last edited by Versatile; 02-11-2015 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: To clarify that i am not making a personal attack.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:54 AM

15,094 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
The stories on board never matched up over the years. It was a tragic misidentification. Unless we can provide sources to why Israel would attack it's only ally during wartime?
Baloney. The Liberty was flying the Stars and Stripes and EASILY identifiable. Even one of the lead Israeli pilots identified her as an American ship, and refused the order to attack, for which he received threats of charges if he didn't follow orders. This was another false flag attack, and the agenda was to blame the attack on Egypt and give cause for US participation in the war.

What a lame attempt to promote a long ago proven fraud.

Of course, Israel was working under the full knowledge and cooperation with the Whitehouse, and that traitor, LBJ.

you have two choices .... believe our victimized sailors, or the Israeli propagandists.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Baloney. The Liberty was flying the Stars and Stripes and EASILY identifiable. Even one of the lead Israeli pilots identified her as an American ship, and refused the order to attack, for which he received threats of charges if he didn't follow orders. This was another false flag attack, and the agenda was to blame the attack on Egypt and give cause for US participation in the war.

What a lame attempt to promote a long ago proven fraud.

Of course, Israel was working under the full knowledge and cooperation with the Whitehouse, and that traitor, LBJ.

you have two choices .... believe our victimized sailors, or the Israeli propagandists.

Makes a person wonder what made LBJ to make the decision he did. Did our dead and wounded sailors get any medals or cash compensation?

Old 02-11-2015, 01:42 PM

What did the Israeli newspapers say about the attack? What did the Israeli population say?

Makes me have a sick feeling in my stomach how our men were murdered and then the crime was ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies