Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 12:33 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Have conservatives ever vandalized an ROTC or military recruiting building? Have conservatives ever tried to keep military recruiters from high school or college campuses? Have Republicans ever passed a resolution to tell military recruiters they were unwanted and unwelcome intruders to their city? Have Republican mayors ever stood outside a military recruiting office with a bullhorn telling the recruiters to get out of his city?
Everyone doesn't equate patriotism with the military.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:33 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evt3015
I'm just really, genuinely curious. OK, some liberals do love this country, sure. But seriously, I've never heard or seen a conservative say things like "9/11 happened because we meddled in other countries' affairs; we deserved it" or "we need to make peace with the radicals and try to understand them"...nor have I heard conservatives say things like "our troops are the real terrorists" or "they don't protect our freedom"...I have just ONE question for you libs that say things like this--why do you still live here? If you really hate America that much, just leave and go to your beloved ****hole extremist or communist countries like China, Syria, DR of Congo or Venezuela.
So patriotism = thinking the US is justified in steamrolling the world?

Honestly, what Americans consider 'left wing' is considered right wing in most first world countries. As in places like Holland, Denmark, and Canada...not Syria and the DR of Congo.

And I'm not even going to touch your paraphrased exaggerations...

Old 02-11-2015, 12:37 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
I'm just really, genuinely curious. OK, some liberals do love this country, sure. But seriously, I've never heard or seen a conservative say things like "9/11 happened because we meddled in other countries' affairs; we deserved it" or "we need to make peace with the radicals and try to understand them"...nor have I heard conservatives say things like "our troops are the real terrorists" or "they don't protect our freedom"...I have just ONE question for you libs that say things like this--why do you still live here? If you really hate America that much, just leave and go to your beloved ****hole extremist or communist countries like China, Syria, DR of Congo or Venezuela.
Well I never heard a liberal say we should drop a nuclear bomb on Iraq, but McCain did. Most liberals don't say the things you quoted, and most conservatives would't be for nuclear war! Both parties have idiots.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:22 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Patriotism....honoring the Constitution and the laws of this country above all else. Putting the national interest above one's own selfish desires.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:25 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,406,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Patriotism does not equal a blind support of all government actions, a stance that we never err. A true love of country isn't afraid to admit mistakes in an effort to make the country you love better.
Apparently not in conservative-land:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Patriotism....honoring the Constitution and the laws of this country above all else. Putting the national interest above one's own selfish desires.
No, that's just fascism.

If my country commits atrocities.. it can go to hell. It can expect millions of people to revolt. I share no unwavering loyalty to the state.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:28 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Why are liberals so unpatriotic?

Quote:

<sniff>

hmmmm...

Old 02-11-2015, 08:31 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You mean like Alabama is doing right now?

Old 02-11-2015, 08:38 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:

I am going to seriously question the patriotism of so called CONSERVATIVES who seem to believe the world revolves around them alone! You know the ones who couldn't care less about how their fellow Americans get along and can't see how their greed is sucking the life out of this nation one person at a time. This is the way nations die and become forgotten in the mists of history. Real CONSERBATIVES who value the nation and think it should be a going concern a few centuries from now should be conserned that fewer Americans every day are sharing in the nations successes.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:51 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Jeezus the friggin aw shucks I'm just askin' routine is seriously irritating.

And what does "make peace with the radicals" mean, for god's sake?

I don't know any liberal that wants to "make peace". They understand that no such thing is possible, and abhor the actions of the fanatics, regardless of their motivation.

What I'll think you find is that whether they support military action against terrorist groups or support staying out of it unless the strife threatens us directly and irrevocably on our shores - liberals are mostly against targeting all Muslims for the actions of some. Some liberals will indeed go that far, and have done so, right here.

Charging half the county's population with being unpatriotic because they don't agree with you is in itself un effing patriotic.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:58 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
And there you libs go generalizing again.
That's a funny statement from someone starting a thread called "Why are libs so unpatriotic?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies