Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hillary was right or wrong?
I lean left - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 32 23.88%
I lean left - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 33 24.63%
I lean right - I condemn Hillary's use of a private email account for official business 64 47.76%
I lean right - I defend Hillary's use of a private email account for officoal business 5 3.73%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 03:13 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am wondering if the nut jobs here think she conducted any sensitive State business via her email account?
She had no State Dept email address. So any business she conducted via email had to be through her own system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 03:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
This isn't just using personal email to conduct business (which wrong, by the way). It goes much deeper than that. This is a purposeful act, whereby she paid someone to set up a system that she KNEW was illegal. Why? I think we all know the reason for that. Seems her AND Bill have a hard time obeying the law.

I'd like to see her do hard time for this. She screwed the US taxpayer and she screwed our foreign allies.

Big surprise, that both Clintons did something set them up for blackmail. They certainly are a match made in heaven.
thats a little over the top. The Clintons have various website, including their foundations they run, and these websites would have email servers attached to them.

its not that she paid someone to setup the system, the system was probably already there. They just used it. And whether or not it was "illegal", is whats being debated. I have yet to hear this "law", which says she cant do that.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:15 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
New article, Hillary Clinton's state department has an ambassador fired for using personal email account
Hillary's State Dept. Forced Out An Ambassador For Using Private Email

Old 03-05-2015, 03:18 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
But she didnt conceal it. in fact she used it as the SOLE email service.

Failure to disclose, and concealment, isnt the same thing.
I think you are ignoring a few salient details. She has not handed over all her emails as required by law, the ones she is not handing over is being concealed. Further, she is not operating under the framework of NARA in regards to her emails, she is operating under her own standard for record keeping and oversight which makes her not complaint with federal law.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:18 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Funny, I always think facts really confuse people who are basing their arguments on partisanship and opinion.

FACT: The e-mails have been preserved by Mrs Clinton. If that were untrue, she wouldn't be able to supply them when requested, and she did so.

FACT: The e-mails have been preserved by the people who received them via government e-mail accounts.

FACT: The State Department has officially stated that John Kerry, who succeeded Mrs Clinton, is the FIRST Secretary of State to primarily use a government e-mail account for his e-mail correspondence. Which means NONE of the Secretaries of State preceding him did so. Consistency would require you to be outraged about ALL the previous Secretaries of State who used private e-mail accounts to conduct business. Hypocrisy allows you to whine only about Mrs Clinton.
FACT: She broke the law.

FACT: During Powell's tenure, there weren't such rules. Rice, when she did use email, used her government account.

FACT: Hillary's a known liar. How can we possibly know if she provided all the emails requested? THAT'S why there's the law.

FACT: Clinton supporters are the biggest bunch of liar-loving idiots in the country.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:19 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,956 times
Quote:
thats a little over the top. The Clintons have various website, including their foundations they run, and these websites would have email servers attached to them.

its not that she paid someone to setup the system, the system was probably already there. They just used it. And whether or not it was "illegal", is whats being debated. I have yet to hear this "law", which says she cant do that.
Not complying with NARA rules and regulations in repsect to record keeping.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
I think you are ignoring a few salient details. She has not handed over all her emails as required by law, the ones she is not handing over is concealing. Further, she is not operating under the framework of NARA in regards to her emails, she is operating under her own standard for record keeping and oversight which makes her not complaint with federal law.
Federal laws in regards to handling archiving of emails are the same, regardless of private email servers, or federal. We dont know if she complied with their backup standards or not.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:21 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
But she didnt conceal it. in fact she used it as the SOLE email service.

Failure to disclose, and concealment, isnt the same thing.
"But she didnt conceal it. in fact she used it as the SOLE email service."

Now YOU are implicating the White House and Obama himself.

When hillary sent SENSITIVE and OFFICIAL emails to Obama, or anyone in the White house, NOBODY NOTICED IN 4 YEARS THAT NONE OF HER EMAILS WERE FROM .GOV.

The WH has admitted that Obama's POLICY was that ONLY official email be used for OFFICIAL business.

Do you think not ONE email was sent about Benghazi or any off the other hot spots in her 4 years?

So, HOW did she communicate with them AND them with HER?

Old 03-05-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
Not complying with NARA rules and regulations in repsect to record keeping.
You have no idea if she did or not.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:23 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"But she didnt conceal it. in fact she used it as the SOLE email service."

Now YOU are implicating the White House and Obama himself.

When hillary sent SENSITIVE and OFFICIAL emails to Obama, or anyone in the White house, NOBODY NOTICED IN 4 YEARS THAT NONE OF HER EMAILS WERE FROM .GOV.

The WH has admitted that Obama's POLICY was that ONLY official email be used for OFFICIAL business.

Do you think not ONE email was sent about Benghazi or any off the other hot spots in her 4 years?

So, HOW did she communicate with them?
Carrier pigeon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies