Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 10:27 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,854,264 times

Advertisements

I'm not here to say homosexuality is a choice. I recognize there is quite a bit of evidence that say it is genetic (I haven't actually read any of these scientific studies but I believe they exist). Given the fact that homosexuality is genetic (according to the studies that people have produced) how does one explain people who are truly bisexual? Being bisexual means you are attracted to both genders correct Bisexual - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary ? How is it possible for someone to choose to live a bisexual lifestyle, or are people also born bisexual? Is there scientific studies out there that say bisexuality is a genetic creation?

Old 03-04-2015, 10:33 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Epigenetic - See Kay Griggs.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:35 AM

860 posts, read 1,358,744 times
Why, why, WHYYY, are there so many threads about homosexuality on this forum??? For the love of God, if you're curious/scared about your sexuality, then there are plenty of websites and mediums from which you can seek help. We don't care about your opinion on if it's a choice or not, only you do. Are you bi or gay?

Old 03-04-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austiNati View Post
Why, why, WHYYY, are there so many threads about homosexuality on this forum??? For the love of God, if you're curious/scared about your sexuality, then there are plenty of websites and mediums from which you can seek help. We don't care about your opinion on if it's a choice or not, only you do. Are you bi or gay?
There are not so many threads about homosexuality on this forum. There are far more about Obama, Abortion, Gun rights, and ISIS. Also Homosexuality is a very relevant topic in today's society. Do you come into every thread about homosexuals and complain that it (the thread) exists? I am not curious or scared about my sexuality (I am straight) but this is a discussion forum that focuses on Politics and other controversies (this thread), and just so you know you don't have to feel obligated to participate in threads you don't care for such as this one.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Epigenetic - See Kay Griggs.
I don't know what I am supposed to take out of this. I just Bing searched Epigenetic kay griggs and got 8 results, one of which was this thread, none of which from what I can tell address my OP.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
I'm not here to say homosexuality is a choice. I recognize there is quite a bit of evidence that say it is genetic (I haven't actually read any of these scientific studies but I believe they exist). Given the fact that homosexuality is genetic (according to the studies that people have produced) how does one explain people who are truly bisexual? Being bisexual means you are attracted to both genders correct Bisexual - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary ? How is it possible for someone to choose to live a bisexual lifestyle, or are people also born bisexual? Is there scientific studies out there that say bisexuality is a genetic creation?

It is a psychological condition, from mental harm at a very young age.

When I was a kid, girls didn't mean anything to me. They were bad juju.
My buds were where I hung out.
I'm sure it was the same for girls.

There come a point where maybe the girls are not so bad, if they let me get my thing touched by them.
In this point and time, I'm sure there are those not able to get a girl to make their thing jump, so they get each other to do it for them, in the sexual experimenting stage.
It happened so it must not be wrong. I liked it because I got off.

With girls, it could be all that or a sexual predator that did things they didn't like. So they were afraid of and actually may hate boys/men.

A woman sexual predator, on a young boy may scare him for a second. But she touched my thing and made it jump. A boy will get over that, because he like making his thing jump.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is a psychological condition, from mental harm at a very young age.

When I was a kid, girls didn't mean anything to me. They were bad juju.
My buds were where I hung out.
I'm sure it was the same for girls.

There come a point where maybe the girls are not so bad, if they let me get my thing touched by them.
In this point and time, I'm sure there are those not able to get a girl to make their thing jump, so they get each other to do it for them, in the sexual experimenting stage.
It happened so it must not be wrong. I liked it because I got off.

With girls, it could be all that or a sexual predator that did things they didn't like. So they were afraid of and actually may hate boys/men.

A woman sexual predator, on a young boy may scare him for a second. But she touched my thing and made it jump. A boy will get over that, because he like making his thing jump.
Ok. Is this the case for everyone that is bisexual though? Can someone be a bisexual adult without having experienced mental harm at a very young age? I would assume yes. This post of yours wasn't easy to follow so I'm primarily responding to the first sentence.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:04 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Think of it as a continuum of sexuality and people land in different places.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:07 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,536,057 times
I don't think anyone is born with a specific sexuality. I think it all happens at a very young age though.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Man, people around here have homosexuality on the brain today. It reminds me of junior high.
Why do you feel the need to post in a thread if you are going to contribute nothing. This thread isn't so much about homosexuality as it is about bisexuality which is hardly ever discussed from what I have seen. Even in this thread it is hardly being discussed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies