Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 02:37 PM

59,082 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Ah you want to apply the "blood from stone" approach, with a little bit of death-wishing mixed in. The right-wing's special brand of "compassion".

No one wants to reward abusers. The problem with your perspective is that you aren't willing to have it be honorable enough to actually separate the abusers from people you simply don't care about. And you consider "abusers" to be anyone who isn't lucky enough to have a job that pays them enough to pay their own way and secure their own future. How convenient. Just pick people you hate and give them whatever label fits your corrupt narrative. Nice.

No, but you evidently forgot that they're human beings. Ooops!
"No one wants to reward abusers. The problem with your perspective is that you aren't willing to have it be honorable enough to actually separate the abusers from people you simply don't care about. And you consider "abusers" to be anyone who isn't lucky enough to have a job that pays them enough to pay their own way and secure their own future. How convenient. Just pick people you hate and give them whatever label fits your corrupt narrative. Nice"

Nothing could be further from the truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 02:42 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
There is a time to give a person a hand up. And there are times when a person needs a swift kick in the butt. We have roads and bridges that need worked on. Put them to work there.
the problem is people are so opposed to hard work they would start screaming cruel and unusual.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I would have programs of MANDATORY schooling to get them at least a GED.

Also included in the curriculum would be personal hygiene, REAL sex education, baby care, finance, cooking, nutrition, speech, manners, respect, how to "dress for success, etc.

To ME that would be a productive "investment" as politicians like to claim.

When gov't housing projects were the "big" thing, I suggested that classes be held RIGHT IN THE PROJECTS.

On a rotational basis women would go in early and prepare breakfast. Others would baby sit for the cookers.

During the day, again on a rotational bases, some would attend class and others would baby sit.

The same for lunch.

The men, in addition to getting their GED, would be taught basic house maintenance by "fixing" the things "broken" in the projects.

Basic care repair, changing the oil, rotating the tries, etc.

The KEY to "getting out" is eduction.

Without at a minimum of a GED NOBODY will hire you.

You see I actually did work in Gov't housing projects and other "ghetto" areas and I saw the problem.

Uneducated parents CANNOT pass down things they themselves know nothing about.

MOST of these people are NOT dumb, just uneducated.

I will throw your question back at YOU. What would YOU do and what have YOU DONE considering you "seem" to care so much?

All great ideas. I would throw in mandatory community service picking up trash cleaning public restrooms etc..

BUU on the other hand just wants to take more and give more. its mean and immoral to make people work for anything.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:55 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
I will throw your question back at YOU.
I'm in favor of changes not much different from yours: Just get rid of the gender bias and other corrupt reflections of your underlying belief systems and your idea sounds like the right direction. As soon as it is all in place, the safety net that you've been itching to get rid of will no longer be necessary - actually, at that point it will cease operations because there will be no one eligible for it, having all been transferred over to your education, housing and nutrition administration. Let's get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
BUU on the other hand just wants to take more and give more. its mean and immoral to make people work for anything.
So basically you just have to lie about my perspective because you don't have a legitimate comment to make. How very childish.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I'm in favor of changes not much different from yours: Just get rid of the gender bias and other corrupt reflections of your underlying belief systems and your idea sounds like the right direction. As soon as it is all in place, the safety net that you've been itching to get rid of will no longer be necessary - actually, at that point it will cease operations because there will be no one eligible for it, having all been transferred over to your education, housing and nutrition administration. Let's get it done.

So basically you just have to lie about my perspective because you don't have a legitimate comment to make. How very childish.
Know you are a flaming liberal but, I actually though I could have an adult discussion with you by reponding to your "Tongue in cheek" question to me.

Unfortunately, I was wrong.

"Just get rid of the gender bias and other corrupt reflections of your underlying belief systems".

"the safety net that you've been itching to get rid"

You are NOT interested in have a descent conversation. Too bad.

"So basically you just have to lie about my perspective because you don't have a legitimate comment to make. How very childish"

I'll let the other posters make up their own minds as to who is childish.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
All great ideas. I would throw in mandatory community service picking up trash cleaning public restrooms etc..

"mandatory community service picking up trash cleaning public restrooms etc..'

That has been suggested before and every time the public union maintenance workers scream, "that's MY job and you are taking it away"

And the "You are demeaning the people on welfare making them "work"

Old 03-05-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:

Truth hurts doesn't it.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
"mandatory community service picking up trash cleaning public restrooms etc..'

That has been suggested before and every time the public union maintenance workers scream, "that's MY job and you are taking it away"

And the "You are demeaning the people on welfare making them "work"

Im talking about like work project type work also. things that no union guys are doing. Somehow people have got to be made to be responsible for themselves. I will never understand the mentality that someone owes me money just because I exist.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:55 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
I will never understand the mentality that someone owes me money just because I exist either. It must be taught into them since birth.

Those people should take a look at their teacher and realize that if they keep living with that mentality they will live the same living standard as their teacher.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I will never understand the mentality that someone owes me money just because I exist either. It must be taught into them since birth.

Those people should take a look at their teacher and realize that if they keep living with that mentality they will live the same living standard as their teacher.

yeah it's just the cycle of entitlement and it rarely ends. Unfortunately people like buu think if you throw more money or just give them more opportunity they didn't work for you will change this. Nice in theory but the real world is a lot different.

The best way I can relate it to myself is that I am a huge procrastinator and really only get things done when I have a deadline with consequences. You tell folks no more ebt section 8 tanf obamaphone and god knows what else and most of these folks will get off their behind and start providing for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies