Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 08:00 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Bisexuality obviously proves homosexuality is a choice.

No..that's not how it works. Like. At all. Bisexuals may be able to choose from a buffet of genitalia, but homosexuals are only eating tacos or hot dogs. For them, it's not a switch that you can turn on or off.

Homosexuality is not a choice. Period. People can delude themselves into thinking so. But it's just that. Delusional.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
There appears to be a lot of self-justification for those who are in a gay relationship. They like it, it meets their emotional and physical needs, and thus has a strong hold on them. People are very good at justifying whatever they do if they want to keep doing it. Believing that they have no choice frees them from any guilt they may otherwise feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What does believing they should have guilt do for anyone?

Kinda twisted that up didn't you... Is this the spin doctor at work?

Anyone? No, they..... Have you looked in the mirror lately?

Old 03-05-2015, 08:13 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,463,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
What's funny, is that they're trying to convince us that sexual orientation is innate, while saying being a man or a woman is not...
At what point did you make a conscious decision to be straight?

Old 03-05-2015, 08:14 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Kinda twisted that up didn't you... Is this the spin doctor at work?

Anyone? No, they..... Have you looked in the mirror lately?
Do have an actual point here? That people should feel guilty over their innate nature because someone else says so?

And yes, I look in the mirror every day and am happy there's not a self-Righteous individual looking back who thinks what's right for him is right for everyone and they should all act accordingly.

How about you?

Old 03-05-2015, 08:19 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,205,471 times
Quote:
He/She will not be able to provide any because there is none. What there is, is the existence of science articles debating the hypothesis of genetic influence in sexual orientation. Several researchers worked in that direction and were unable to provide conclusive and verifiable evidence for their theories. There is certainly not "overwhelming" evidence supporting the ideology of LGBT activists.
Here's an idea. Ask a gay person when they consciously decided they were gay, and then compare that age to the age that a straight person says thht they made a conscious decision that they were going to choose to be attracted to the opposite sex and not their own.

Same difference. Gay people actively choose it just like straight people do.

Oh wait....no they don't. I mean this whole thread is the biggest facepalm I'll see all day and it's only 9am.

If you decide you're not gay anymore then you either are stuffing yourself into denial or you were just never gay to begin with. No one chooses to be straight or gay. Isn't this just common sense? We all have sexual attractions. You don't look at a hot guy or a hot woman and then go "ok, I'm going to be attracted to those boobs". You just are.

If I walk around and tell everyone who's favorite color is blue that they're wrong and their favorite color is red, how do you think everyone would react? They would think you're a nut. That's like trying to walk around telling everyone that being gay is a choice. It's obvious to them it's not a choice. Just like it should be obvious to you that being straight wasn't a choice.

Last edited by Chicago60614; 03-05-2015 at 08:33 AM..

Old 03-05-2015, 08:23 AM

And to the earlier "point" about homosexuality being a "sexual behavior": there are lots of people, of all sexual orientations, who are celibate but still attracted to a particular gender.

If a man who is attracted to women decides, for whatever reason, not to have sex at all (like someone going into the priesthood, or a devout Christian "saving himself" for marriage) does that mean he's not really heterosexual?

Last edited by pch1013; 03-05-2015 at 08:31 AM..

Old 03-05-2015, 08:29 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,205,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Do have an actual point here? That people should feel guilty over their innate nature because someone else says so?

And yes, I look in the mirror every day and am happy there's not a self-Righteous individual looking back who thinks what's right for him is right for everyone and they should all act accordingly.

How about you?
I am a strange mix of embarrassed at the OP for these silly thoughts, sad that they would be so confused and spend their own precious personal time on such thoughts - and then angry that people can get away with such crap in 2015 and push their own personal feelings - because that's all these are at the end of the day - and talk about them like they're the one true feelings out there.

Talk about backing yourself into a little box, a box that's (thankfully) getting smaller and smaller each day, and then just putting your fingers in your ears and repeating over and over that you're right and they're all wrong. Do you wake up one day and realize that you think one way and 99% of other people have realized you're the one who is wrong? It takes a very strong will to finally realize that you're wrong, especially when you had such strong emotions on the subject.

I think that's what a lot of religious people are starting to go through on homosexuality. They were so emotional and stressed and emphatic with their opinions.....and you can see they're starting to come to terms now with the fact that they might just very well be wrong.

I see it too in the way they think that they're the ones under attack here, and they don't open their eyes that they've been the ones attacking this whole time, and now they're sad/angry/shocked that people are finally standing up to them. "The gays are so loud and forceful to make us see things their way". That's not what they're doing at all. They're telling you to stop being so loud and forceful trying to make them see everything your way.

Live and let live. Just move on and leave gay people in peace and they'll have nothing to come after you for. They don't care about you and your life and who you love. Stop denying them their love. A love they were born with and can't change. The same emotions and love you feel. The same lives they want to live. They aren't the villans here - you are.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:38 AM

2,187 posts, read 1,383,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
At what point did you make a conscious decision to be straight?
I'm sorry I meant to say that they're trying to say that homosexuality is innate.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:44 AM

2,187 posts, read 1,383,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I am a strange mix of embarrassed at the OP for these silly thoughts,
Aside from doing personal attacks, what do you have to say about the testimonies of the former homosexuals, the articles they wrote, the valid scientific points raised in this discussion ?

But you don't have to respond at all. You can stay in your little intellectual ghetto and ignore the historical stance of the vast majority of humanity, and convince yourself of your self-righteousness.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry I meant to say that they're trying to say that homosexuality is innate.
And *you* keep saying sexuality is a choice. So when did you choose to be heterosexual?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies