Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 10:53 AM

3,530 posts, read 4,182,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Please post questions regarding biblical jurisprudence in the appropriate forum. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I believe I've seen this list somewhere else on C-D before. If you're still searching for answers, why not take it to the Religion forum. Here it is OT.
Funny how both of you just completely ducked his very relevant questions. Seems like you're both at a loss as to how to answer the questions to those Biblical passages. And yet we're supposed to just rally around the anti-gay passages because 'the Bible says so'? Are you ignorant of those other passages? How must people proceed? If you're so confident in the anti-gay passages, why aren't you as confident with the others? And yes, they are very relevant to this thread, and not the religion forum, since it seems they all come from the same book of the Bible being used here to put forth your arguments.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:53 AM

2,188 posts, read 1,384,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Good point.

I did prove that heteros are born straight. I also notice a disturbing trend : dismissing any attempt at a rational conversation on this topic by calling the other side bigots. I find this quite outrageous since the pro LGBT are among the most ideologically driven people who will deliberately ignore all facts in order to push their views and their agenda.

First, there was gay marriage. Now, we have men authorized to compete in mixed martial arts against women, because they believe they are females. Their argument ? I was born a female. Example, fallon Fox:

Old 03-05-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
A study of gay men in the US has found fresh evidence that male sexual orientation is influenced by genes. Scientists tested the DNA of 400 gay men and found that genes on at least two chromosomes affected whether a man was gay or straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zno8e4R6gA
Quote from the video :

"there are probably several genes that affect sexual orientation. We don't know where they are yet."

Same as usual.

Last edited by Sorel36; 03-05-2015 at 11:06 AM..

Old 03-05-2015, 11:14 AM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Genes change...according to Al Sears, MD, reporting on Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute's results of their groundbreaking study.

85 percent - the epigenome - is a scaffolding of proteins that surround your DNA's double-helix pattern.
As it turns out, this "scaffolding" functions as an interface that interacts with your environment. Based on the lifestyle choices you make, the epigenome has the power to turn genes on or off, changing the way your body translates your genetic coding into the proteins that make up YOU.

Your Genetic code can be changed and is not set in stone
Show me the study....All I get from this site is changes that affect offspring in mice...It says nothing about the ability to change anything after birth.

Never mind, I found the study...It is about inherited genes. C H O R I | Current News

While many studies in humans have hinted that environmental agents – such as diet, or exposure to toxins – could also result in changes to epigenetic states, none of these studies had the genetic backing to prove it.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Quote from the video :

"there are probably several genes that affect sexual orientation. We don't know where they are yet."

Same as usual.
Did you purposely omit mentioning the two they did find?

“What a sad era when it is easier to smash an atom than a prejudice.”
― Albert Einstein

Old 03-05-2015, 11:23 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,813,277 times
Quote:
I did prove that heteros are born straight.
I read back over your posts and don't see where you addressed it.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Quote from the video :

Same as usual.
Tell you what, sport...If you don't like gay sex, then don't have gay sex, and if you don't like gay marriage then don't marry the same sex....Why can't people like you mind your own business anyway?

Old 03-05-2015, 11:27 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,758,512 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is a choice. I have seen it several times and evidence abounds. Below are three examples amongst many stories of reversion to heterosexuality.
If you're not gay yourself, it's not your place to say that homosexuality is a "choice". Only an ignorant sheltered person would think that it is a choice.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Did you purposely omit mentioning the two they did find?

“What a sad era when it is easier to smash an atom than a prejudice.”
― Albert Einstein
This video does not mention at any time that any gene was found. You must be confused.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrossroads View Post
If you're not gay yourself, it's not your place to say that homosexuality is a "choice". Only an ignorant sheltered person would think that it is a choice.
I guess former homosexuals are ignorant and sheltered too. In the original post I linked their testimonies, and those testimonials sure angered a lot of people who are currently engaged in the homosexual lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies