Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2015, 11:09 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's a law that requires people to buy insurance, and is extremely costly for some while giving significant subsidies to others. Some people are WAY overcharged so that others can get significant price reductions for the exact same product.

And many people lost their long-time doctors because they weren't included in their new Obamacare plan.
1. Everyone contributes to public schools. Not everyone has children. Do you want to abolish public schools?

2. How about we remove the mandate and those without coverage lose the ability to get free care from Emergency facilities? I'd be fine with that. Pay nothing. But don't expect everyone else to pay to fix you when the bad thing happens.

I don't benefit from Obamacare because my income is too high but I want everyone to have health coverage so I'm fine with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2015, 11:10 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
It's a law that requires people to buy insurance, and is extremely costly for some while giving significant subsidies to others. Some people are WAY overcharged so that others can get significant price reductions for the exact same product.

And many people lost their long-time doctors because they weren't included in their new Obamacare plan.
Its not an Obama plan, its the nature of a particular insurance plan. Purchase premium coverage, don't lose your doctor. Pick an HMO, your doctor may not be on its provided pool of doctors. Its been that way for 30 years.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:24 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
1. Everyone contributes to public schools. Not everyone has children. Do you want to abolish public schools?
No, I just think that EVERYONE should pay for Obamacare just like EVERYONE pays for public schools. No subsidies.

Old 03-14-2015, 01:01 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,644 times
It comes down to Conservatives not caring for the uninsured, period. They had majority in all three branches not too long ago in the 2000's and they did NOTHING. At least the Clintons tried before hand. Im grateful Obama and the democrats did SOMETHING (I still think it didn't go far enough) to tackle our uninsured problem.

Old 03-14-2015, 01:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Now there's Millions without healthcare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Would love to see you prove this.
Are you really this uninformed?

CBO: Obamacare Will Leave 30 Million Uninsured | CNS News

Old 03-14-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Let's just hope no one you love every gets sick and doesn't have coverage.

Old 03-14-2015, 01:15 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
It comes down to Conservatives not caring for the uninsured, period.
No, it comes down to people who make extremely bad life and financial decisions always wanting someone else to bail them out.

Think very carefully about this... We have WAY too many takers, now. Only 40% of all federal income tax filers are supporting themselves and everyone else. Only the top 40% pays more in local, state, and federal taxes than they consume in local, state, and federal government services and benefits. That's roughly 54.4 million (40% of all filed tax returns) supporting themselves and the U.S.'s population of 320 million. Think about it... only 17% of us are supporting ourselves and everyone else, and that percentage is shrinking. It's simply NOT sustainable. Period.

Caveat: I have no problem supporting the truly incapacitated

Old 03-14-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
It comes down to Conservatives not caring for the uninsured, period. They had majority in all three branches not too long ago in the 2000's and they did NOTHING. At least the Clintons tried before hand. Im grateful Obama and the democrats did SOMETHING (I still think it didn't go far enough) to tackle our uninsured problem.

If you cared about the uninsured, you should OPPOSE ACA and call it the failure that it is.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:30 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
No, it comes down to people who make extremely bad life and financial decisions always wanting someone else to bail them out.

Think very carefully about this... We have WAY too many takers, now. Only 40% of all federal income tax filers are supporting themselves and everyone else. Only the top 40% pays more in local, state, and federal taxes than they consume in local, state, and federal government services and benefits. That's roughly 54.4 million (40% of all filed tax returns) supporting themselves and the U.S.'s population of 320 million. Think about it... only 17% of us are supporting ourselves and everyone else, and that percentage is shrinking. It's simply NOT sustainable. Period.

Caveat: I have no problem supporting the truly incapacitated
Come on Informed.... Haven't you learned that talking sense to some is futile? They'd much rather set back and give the old "Your greedy and uncaring" speech than ever admit that they can't actually come up with a good argument let alone a good solution with why it's okay to take more of your money?

Old 03-14-2015, 07:33 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

If you cared about the uninsured, you should OPPOSE ACA and call it the failure that it is.
1. I guessed you missed the part where I said the ACA didn't go far enough.
2. That 30 million figure includes illegal immigrants and individuals eligible for medicaid but no enrolled.
3. Excluding unauthorized immigration, the ACA will cover 92 percent of Americans by 2022.
4. The uninsured rate would be lower if conservative states put aside political ideology and expanded medicaid. About 5 million less uninsured.

Sorry but I prefer the ACA than what we had before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies