Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 09:31 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Or will it crash before he leaves office?

We all know this growth is phony. The question is whether the collusion of businesses and the government has enough accounting tricks up its sleeve to keep this party rolling through the end of next year.
We know the Rs would dearly love to see the economy collapse before 2016 election, but I think the money people won't allow that as they are waaaayyy too much in love with money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 09:33 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
We know the Rs would dearly love to see the economy collapse before 2016 election, but I think the money people won't allow that as they are waaaayyy too much in love with money.

????

Do you really believe that?

Old 03-12-2015, 09:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Wrong question, wrong framework.

The US rally is primarily due to the Republican success in slowing down the anti-growth, anti-jobs agenda of the Democrats. Therefore, the needless burdens inflicted on the economy by Democrat policies have ended up slowing growth, not ending it, producing a steady economy with sub-par growth but no boom.

There will not be a bust until we have a boom. And Democrats have regulated and legislated booms out of existence for the present.
The stock market bubble is not unique to the U.S., no different than the housing bubble.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Here's a hint. Profits are non-partisan.

Mixing politics and portfolios is a fool's errand.

Don't fight the tape. Been trading long or is this your 1st rodeo?

You said it better than I did.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:46 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times
Sure if the Fed starts another round of money printing.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:13 AM

1,006 posts, read 735,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

You said it better than I did.
Was going to comment on how little influence any administration has on market sbut looks like you covered t and in much more simpler terms.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:15 AM

1,006 posts, read 735,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Wrong question, wrong framework.

The US rally is primarily due to the Republican success in slowing down the anti-growth, anti-jobs agenda of the Democrats. Therefore, the needless burdens inflicted on the economy by Democrat policies have ended up slowing growth, not ending it, producing a steady economy with sub-par growth but no boom.

There will not be a bust until we have a boom. And Democrats have regulated and legislated booms out of existence for the present.
Seems like you're a partisan jockey, its not a partisan issue though as some have stated before me.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:28 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,411,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The stock market bubble is not unique to the U.S., no different than the housing bubble.
Here's a tip that has already made me rich:

There is no stock market bubble yet.

When all the people who sold out ten thousand Dow points ago, and all those who have been waiting for the "crash" or for the bubble to pop, when all those people with all that money pile in at the top--maybe at Dow 22,000 or 24,000...then we'll have a bubble.

I'll be selling to those pigeons, and buy whatever bargains they are selling this time in order to join the latest bubble.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:46 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Translation: the economic success under this administration needs an explanation.
I've lived through booms and busts several times and this is the worst recovery yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Of course they do. It's not even a question. It's the government. They regulate the currency, thus the markets. Get over it.
It's called the industrial military complex and the political elite coluding to control the people through debt. Slavery is far from over. Get with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

Old 03-12-2015, 10:54 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,411,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayahuasca_mike View Post
Seems like you're a partisan jockey, its not a partisan issue though as some have stated before me.
I understand your point, but it seems indisputable that regulation and taxes and legislation and jawboning and every other tool that could be used to harass employers has been in play. From President Obama's first budget document to his recent push to overpay the unskilled, the agenda has been anti-jobs from the start. I'm more pro-prosperity than partisan, although today that means that I am pretty much totally at odds with the radical bent of mainstream Dem thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies