Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 09:19 AM

105 posts, read 169,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy20 View Post
Very sad and frustrating because this will continue to stir race relations. I suspect that we will continue to see these kinds of incidents in Ferguson. Hell will hath no fury if another black is shot in the ensuing chaos. The whole town is liable to be burned to the ground. What a powder keg. I hope that folks are getting out if they can.

Almost best if the existing police force is dismantled. Make the new one black only. Then the citizens would be happy and live in peaceful harmony.
Well ask the people of New Orleans if they are happy and live in peaceful harmony even though their police force is mostly black. It is one of the most dangerous cities in the U.S.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:49 AM

9,825 posts, read 11,565,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Eric Holder did this. He is personally responsible. He killed the two cops in NYC and now he wounded these two. He must be happier than hell.

The other person who is all smiles today is Hillary Clinton. Her destruction of public records is off the front page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I've already offered my condolences. I'm glad that both officers are ok.

Those of you blaming protesters for the violence (as in, those who didn't shoot possibly) are delusional IMO. How exactly are they responsible??

You love to paint one side with a broad brush but hate when its applied to 'your' side. If all protesters are responsible then all Police are responsible.

See how that goes??

I had an epiphany the other day that the extremist on both sides are just as bad because they won't take ANY responsibility for the behavior they're supporting.
Yep
Because they are helping support some of these Racist Trolls theory's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I guess what the black people of Ferguson want is No Police at all and I think they should get their wish. When the thugs run the streets who are they gonna call? Do they want to see an all black police force? The minute that one of them does something wrong in the eyes of the enraged public they would be labelled sell out uncle toms.
There is no winning or even a peaceful tie.

This shooting by one idiot has set back public and race relations in Ferguson. The Police should go on strike. I think their work environment is way beyond the reasonable risk at this point and the national guard should be called in...

Brown was stupid and died because of his own anger issues. Are those people, or at least the shooter a complete idiot? The lesson is, you steal, you beat up on a cop you might be shot and you might die so don't do those things and you will be OK. Pretty basic.
I wish i could find Something wrong with what you just said. But i 100% agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Your side has been spewing hatred towards our side for decades now. Take responsibility for your races actions.
Who Hung who from a tree 1st
You implement Jim Crow laws against a group of people, and then wonder why they don't trust you and want to kill you
Cole you Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNHot75 View Post
Well ask the people of New Orleans if they are happy and live in peaceful harmony even though their police force is mostly black. It is one of the most dangerous cities in the U.S.
Not Anymore!

Old 03-12-2015, 09:54 AM

1,515 posts, read 2,276,028 times
Quote:
Admittedly I was engaging in a bit of hyperbole in that statement. However, if a black officer for instance shot a unarmed black male in a primarily black force, would there be equivalent protests like the have in Ferguson? In Brown's case, would there be similar outrage if he was shot by a black officer under the exact same circumstances?

I really do believe that the existing Ferguson police department is in a losing situation. Dismantling the whole force is probably not the solution however they better start heavily recruiting more black officers and do some extensive equal opportunity training sessions. Everything said or done in that department is subject to intense scrutiny. Even if they take every remedial action, I still think they are fighting a losing battle. No matter what they do, they are in the national spot light and will be scrutinized for everything. The whole town is primed to blow and I bet it does at some point. There is too much bottled up rage and frustration now.

I really do feel for the law abiding citizens there. And the police officers trying to do their job.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:55 AM

15,539 posts, read 10,521,878 times
Quote:
Well, it's worth a try, nothing else has worked. Besides, Ferguson isn't as big as New Orleans.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:55 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,588,316 times
I say stop patrolling high crime black areas so that those screaming and crying about racism can witness first hand how nice blacks are to one another when there's no law enforcement around.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:31 AM

25,598 posts, read 17,329,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
I say stop patrolling high crime black areas so that those screaming and crying about racism can witness first hand how nice blacks are to one another when there's no law enforcement around.
Yeah, I lived in Atlanta when they tried that.

I remember the shrieking of of the black crime victim, "An th' Polices ain't did nuthin!"

Fact is "Th' Polices" are not going to win. But neither is anyone else. Not the law abiding citizens, not the scofflaws, at least. Some black politicians may come out ahead, but no one else.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:39 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,139,705 times
You win when you change the laws that make the population hate them.

When you declare a 'War on your people' what do you expect?

I hate to bring it up with the nature of this thread, but you obviously have people upset about something, and the other side doesn't want to listen.

Ask yourself why.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:40 AM

30,659 posts, read 18,276,650 times
Very sad and tragic. Unfortunately, due to the atmosphere of distrust between the police and community in Ferguson (whether justified or not), I fear that the current manhunt for the suspect(s) isn't going to be successful as there are too many people who I fear would gladly shelter the perp(s) just to stick it to the cops.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:43 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,991,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Eric Holder did this. He is personally responsible. He killed the two cops in NYC and now he wounded these two. He must be happier than hell.

The other person who is all smiles today is Hillary Clinton. Her destruction of public records is off the front page.
Of course he's happy. One more step to martial law, and the dream of total control by the ruling class.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:47 AM

78,518 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Very sad and tragic. Unfortunately, due to the atmosphere of distrust between the police and community in Ferguson (whether justified or not), I fear that the current manhunt for the suspect(s) isn't going to be successful as there are too many people who I fear would gladly shelter the perp(s) just to stick it to the cops.
Reward money. You dangle 25k out there and there is going to be a race to the telephone unless the shooter kept it very close to the vest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies