Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 10:59 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I did say that it probably wasn't a wise choice of words, but to fire the guy was a bit overkill IMO.

Maybe, but I do think it is a nasty, braindead, fratboy type remark that makes the right wing look terrible. Sure, some (Special Ed) might cheer and high five, but dropkicking the guy makes good business sense. It shows that being a nasty, racist pig is not a visage you want your network to display. You want a national network job, show some class.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:00 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Good grief.

She is a fine looking woman, what is your problem?
Ed`s problem? Think of a 4th grader who has a crush on a girl and he knows he can`t have her so he throws rocks at her on the way home from school.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:00 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Grow up. Only children make fun of someone's looks.
And only idiots fawn over people. It's going to be fun to watch the documentaries. Did you get tingles?

And Michele is NOT good looking, I have a right to my opinion

Old 03-13-2015, 11:02 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Mooch looks more like a Wookie in any event.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:03 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Have the Bushes been roadblocked in life because of what they looked like?

Do you think that 13 year old white boys would feel marginalized by characterizations of Bush, and would they have legitimate fears that this is really how the world views white men?
Hey look, I was no fan of Bush either, but I was more or less alluding to the double standard that exists today, that being it's OK to make fun of white folks, and use derogatory slurs against them, but if someone pokes fun at a black person, then look out! Time to get out the pitch forks and torches! Besides given the first lady's status, and her success, why would it even bother her?

Old 03-13-2015, 11:05 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,506 times
Quote:
Hey look, I was no fan of Bush either, but I was more or less alluding to the double standard that exists today, that being it's OK to make fun of white folks, and use derogatory slurs against them, but if someone pokes fun at a black person, then look out! Time to get out the pitch forks and torches! Besides given the first lady's status, and her success, why would it even bother her?
It doesn't bother her but that it bothers the o/m-baggers is great.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:05 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Exactly. As I mentioned in another thread we all know that blacks speak so lovingly of whites <sarcasm> but whatever, if it makes them feel better. Blacks seem way to sensitive about everything.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:06 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
he should of been fired, that was just downright mean, uncalled for

Sammy Davis Jr has been called far worse on TV and laughed it off. People today can't take a joke.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:06 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
I doubt she cares. He just made an ass of himself. But Univision does care, and they made the call.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:09 AM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Exactly. As I mentioned in another thread we all know that blacks speak so lovingly of whites <sarcasm> but whatever, if it makes them feel better. Blacks seem way to sensitive about everything.
You're still confused.

That was this thread.
Hard keeping track of all that hate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We all know that blacks have names for whites so aren't blacks being a bit hypocritical? Oh sure, black speak so nicely about whites <sarcasm>.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies