Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 08:31 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,710,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post

"Despite the closeness, the White House has insisted that the pair's schedules 'were not in sync',"
LOL I can believe that you blindly believe everything the Obama White House says. Anything else requires a bit of critical thinking.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:40 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,277,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown91737 View Post

If the President wants the FLOTUS to let him work, he can issue an executive order, right?
Obama may represent the executive branch of the government, but it doesn't mean that he is the executive branch of his family. My guess is that Mrs. O is the absolute monarch of their household.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:07 AM

51,014 posts, read 36,707,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
I think you miss the point. It cost $1 million to fly to PHX/LAX, $1 million back, probably another $1 million to transport Marine One there and all the cars..... and then Michelle took another flight with her entourage and their vehicles, to both wind up in Burbank taping TV shows and so Barack could attend a $33,400 per couple fund raiser.

I think a lot of Americans, not just Republicans, wish he would spend some time in WDC meeting with Congressional leaders on how to move forward on a range of issues.
I think you miss the point, this is not specific to Obama, that's been proven in other posts on this very thread..your title should more appropriately be "Presidential transportation costs too much" as it applies to every President not just Obama.

Next you'll start a thread "Obama lets the Pentagon buy $300 hammers" which would probably be true, but would also be true for every administration over the last 30 years. The point is bloated government, and I think you are quite naive if you don't believe both sides take full advantage of it and belly up to the trough in equal numbers. And they work to keep us divided from each other, they love threads like this...because it keeps us so busy screaming at each other and blaming the other guys that the real issue never gets looked at.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 03-15-2015 at 10:21 AM..

Old 03-15-2015, 09:19 AM

10,180 posts, read 20,810,169 times
It's comical to watch each side bicker over one President or the other's expenses. Someone criticizes Obama's multi-million dollar vacations on tax payers expense and the left wants to bring Bush into the discussion. When people criticized Bush's expenditures his supporters ranted about the Clinton's expenditures. Rather than all of us being a little ticked off that these millionaire politicians, regardless of party affiliation, are living high on the hog at our expense. Especially at a time when we are told we all need to tighten our belts and make sacrifices.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:20 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,630,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Maybe the president had to get some work done on AF1 and didn't need his wife bothering him as he had bills to sign and appointments to make, things which just had to get done?

The President Bush canard is a red herring. Mr. Bush's home was in Crawford Texas, and he still had to keep up his domicile even though he was president. Commuting home is hardly an extravagance, especially when he just needed to get to the ranch to do chores like clearing brush.
I have to imagine this is satire?

Old 03-15-2015, 11:54 AM

6,812 posts, read 6,964,724 times
Nothing new under the sun. Every politician, from the smallest city council member to the President, regardless of political affiliations, takes as much advantage of their position as possible. If it means living like a king (or queen) they are all in favor of it so long as we serfs keep paying their way.

Frankly, the whole situation stinks since there's very little we can do about. Any laws that would prevent frivolous expenditures would have to be passed by the very people it would affect. Not much chance of that..

Old 03-15-2015, 12:06 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,914,294 times
My parents always flew separately when they were going to the same place. If only one plane crashed, my brother and I wouldn't have been orphans.

Old 03-15-2015, 01:58 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,971,600 times
Anybody catch the "40 car motorcade?". Why does Dictator Obummer need 40 car loads of bozos to go somewhere?

Old 03-15-2015, 03:29 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,312,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
So what? It only cost you a few cents...don't tell me you can't afford it?
You ignore the topic and try to deflect back to the posters. Answer the question of the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
There has never been a presidential administration in my memory that has not received criticism of this very type. Both parties. No matter who's in office, the other side brings their expenditures to the public's attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think you miss the point, this is not specific to Obama, that's been proven in other posts on this very thread..your title should more appropriately be "Presidential transportation costs too much" as it applies to every President not just Obama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It's comical to watch each side bicker over one President or the other's expenses. Someone criticizes Obama's multi-million dollar vacations on tax payers expense and the left wants to bring Bush into the discussion.
We are not talking about travel expenses in general. If Obama's travel expenses are higher than Bush's and profligate, that is a separate topic. "Presidential transportation costs too much" might be a nice topic, but that is not the topic here.

This is about a specific incident that was needlessly wasteful. It is VERY specific to Obama because to my memory, he and Michelle are the only first couple who flew in separate entourages 3,000 miles to the same location on the same day.

How about everyone try to stay on topic and answer the question on if it was okay or not that they did this.

Old 03-15-2015, 03:57 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,576,266 times
I'm no Obama fan but we have bigger fish to fry. The general American public has been duped to support this American Imperialism - 25 years of endless war. And you are worried because they shook down the American taxpayers for a miniscule amount of the cost of what we've been robbed for the last 25 years? $trillions of dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies