Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 05:47 PM

50,730 posts, read 36,431,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
My parents always flew separately when they were going to the same place. If only one plane crashed, my brother and I wouldn't have been orphans.
That used to be the rule for the Royal family, like William, Harry and Charles could never be on the same plane. Not sure if it's still like that. It probably does make sense that the president and vice-president not fly together, wonder if they hae a rule for that?

Old 03-15-2015, 08:20 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,272,272 times
If your dumb enough to believe those numbers your voting rights should be revoked!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Old 03-15-2015, 08:21 PM

Every village needs an idiot and this guy "OP" is so good at it he covers for two villages !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Did you bother to read your own link? It directly referenced and linked to a CNN story.

Nice job making yourself look like an idiot.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:27 PM

So what is the point? Is it that some moron thinks it actually cost us $1,000,000.00 for a RT flight etc etc Funny that same Moron wasnt saying anything about the cost when it was some red neck turd from TexaSS Flying from DC to Texass every few weeks or his two under age daughters Flying to South America and drinking for two weeks while they tried to ditch CIA security or the Private flight supplied for the Bin Laden Family from Texass to UAE on the US Tax Dolllar 1 day after 911..
Quote:
Dear Heart. The entire world experience is not on Google. Since you are asking, my advice is to read some literature, learn some science, step away from that computer and get some real world experience. You will figure out what it means.

Do that, and you might also recognize the real point of that article.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:34 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,579,272 times
Default No, both Barack and Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Wah what?

You think it is okay because "the descendants are enjoying the fruits of their ancestor's labor"?

Obama isn't descended from slaves. His father was from Africa. His mother was was a white woman of Scots/Irish descent.
Of course Michelle's is a given. Obama's Irish ancestry not withstanding, he has earned the fruits of labor on his own for daring to be a BLACK (he is never attacked for being half-White) president of the USA. He has caught enough hell, verbally stated death-wishes and blatant disrespect from many citizens who were previously very respectful, polite, and extremely patriotic towards the office of the POTUS and with former presidents. With Obama, they threw all their decorum out the window and behaved like animals (heck if they were a different color you would not have been able to distinguish them from those people teaming up against the one person in the Brooklyn McDonald's). Again, I say go Barack and Michelle and enjoy the privilege and perks that come with the job!!!! You've both earned it! For those who don't like it, too bad. Let the envious tear their own hair out and gnash their teeth, they'll get over it.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:48 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
They are the president of the USA and the first lady, so what's the problem? I know it burns you up to see the privileges they have and are using. Go Barack and Michelle!!!! What goes around comes around. The price was paid in blood, sweat, tears, and terror and now the descendants are enjoying the fruits of their ancestor's labor. Don't you just hate it?
We elected him, not her. It's about time we change the rule to only paying for the president. If their spouse accompanies them, we foot the bill. But if they go it alone, they foot 100% including security. Or they stay home.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:21 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It probably does make sense that the president and vice-president not fly together, wonder if they hae a rule for that?
Yeah, the president and vice president never fly together just in case something happens. Same as with the State of the Union they have a "designated survivor" in case something happens. In 2015 it was transportation secretaryAnthony Foxx and in 2014 it was energy secretary Ernest Moniz. The designated survivor watches the speech on tv from an undisclosed location protected by secret service. If anything happened and everyone attending the speech is killed, the designated survivor would become president.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:21 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,634,548 times
Quote:
Show me one post in this topic where I have complained about Obama. I haven't. I posted it to inform. Now if you are saying that Obama's doings should be kept out of the public eye, that's another matter, but surely you are not saying that. Obama did say he wanted to be the most transparent president in US history.

99% of my posts in this topic has been to respond to the outrage for having posted a human interest story about the Obamas. I guess you can add yourself to that list. Selective outrage indeed.
Oh please. Was that little red angry face icon you picked for the original post meant to inform and establish a neutral position on this topic too?

Why should we limit the scope to your posts in this thread? You do practically nothing on this board but complain about liberals and make thinly veiled racist comments about about black people in general and the Obama family in particular.

You're not fooling anyone.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:23 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,012,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
We elected him, not her.
Eh, we kind of end up electing the whole package. If Michelle was a crazy, nut bag who never showered and wore paper bags she found on the street as clothes, Obama would not have been elected.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:08 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Did you read this part?

"Despite the closeness, the White House has insisted that the pair's schedules 'were not in sync',"

Non-story, but I bet it's popular on Faux News anyway.

So the WH is explaining away this latest waste of taxpayer money by saying their "schedules weren't in sync," and we're supposed to simply accept that? Give me a break.

Maybe we should all just be happy that Moochelle didn't bring along her mother, brother, and other extended family members at taxpayer expense, like she did before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies