Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 10:22 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,560,676 times

Advertisements

Not all, but many of them think like children. I think that explains a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 10:25 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Which democrat were you quoting? Was that not you that said that? That's you that I quoted.
I'm sorry following the thread is so difficult for you. I know its a strategy to distract from the OP when they make good points, even ignore the link posted to whitehouse.gov and pretend it doesnt exist..

You pretending though, doesnt mean others cant see it.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
If you're going to try to come on here & say that it is democrats that lie, & conveniently brush aside any republican lies, that is the most disingenous thing on this forum. And you've lost all credibility as well. Congrats! The. End.
I didnt at all discuss Republicans, we're discussing the promises made by this administration and others to push Democratic plans and policies that flat out failed.

Join a different thread if you want to distract from the examples posted.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:31 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,235,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I often ask myself why liberals will spend years creating new slogans and sound bites, and then the minute things dont go their way, abandon the standards and move the goal post in order to define success out of complete failures.

For example, they pushed the notion that people needed to "pay their fair share", but in reality, the people who are paying, not only for the most part, do pay their fair share, but they pay far more. The Obama debt commission came to the summary that in order to balance the budget, we needed to expand the tax base, i.e. those who arent paying, would have to start to pay... That quickly was quieted and never heard from again.

ACA, we needed to pass in order to insure 32 million uninsured americans. We were promised it would create surpluses and if you didnt support insuring everyone, then you wanted people to get sick and die. This has turned into projections which show 30 million are expected to go without, and now create trillion + $ deficits.

I heard them non stop bash Romney, for "donating" money to charity, but now think Clintons, taking a direct hand out of $16 million a year for her organization, is perfectly acceptable. They bashed the Bushs in Florida, for simply having a contract to provide testing programs a few years ago which was a lot smaller, and they were providing an actual service in exchange.

Democrats ran around suggesting deficits of a couple hundred billion crashed the economy, but then we needed to create trillion dollar deficits to fix it, while high 5ng Obama for signing the spending into existence then passing the blame onto Bush. Must pass the stimulus bill in order to keep unemployment below a certain percentage, we pass it, unemployment continues to not only climb, but surpass that level, and their montage turned into "delayed economic indicator". Yeah, its a delayed economic indicator, and even the CBO acknowledges that the GDP would be lower in the future due to the spending, because of the money that would need to be removed from the economy in order to pay the debt.. Democrats, not a peep out of this reduction in GDP.

Almost every policy of theirs they over promise and not only under deliver, but sometimes flat out fail, or is based upon such dishonesty, that I have gone from being a Democrat, to not only not supporting them, but look forward to throwing up their fake statistics in their face.
In order to abandon standards they would have to have standards in the first place, They can no abandon something they never had

Old 03-23-2015, 10:46 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,578,706 times
Quote:
I'm sorry following the thread is so difficult for you. I know its a strategy to distract from the OP when they make good points, even ignore the link posted to whitehouse.gov and pretend it doesnt exist..

You pretending though, doesnt mean others cant see it.
Lol, you don't make good points, that's the thing. And no, you did NOT quote another poster. What you did was agree with them when they said you didn't like liberals & then you took it a step further by saying you don't like liars & morons. That's the ironic part. Too funny. And again, you get called out on your own posts, it's like a regular occurrence.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Lol, you don't make good points, that's the thing. And no, you did NOT quote another poster. What you did was agree with them when they said you didn't like liberals & then you took it a step further by saying you don't like liars & morons. That's the ironic part. Too funny. And again, you get called out on your own posts, it's like a regular occurrence.
I QUOTED WHITEHOUSE.GOV

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...dable-care-act

In the United States of America, health care is not a privilege for the fortunate few -- it is a right. And I knew that if we didn’t do something about our unfair and inefficient health care system, it would keep driving up our deficits, it would keep burdening our businesses, it would keep hurting our families, and it would keep holding back economic growth.

ACA WILL DRIVE UP DEFICITS EVEN MORE..
If its a RIGHT, then why are 30 MILLION going to go without insurance?

ADDRESS IT rather than babbling and distracting from the QUOTE..

Old 03-23-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I QUOTED WHITEHOUSE.GOV

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...dable-care-act

In the United States of America, health care is not a privilege for the fortunate few -- it is a right. And I knew that if we didn’t do something about our unfair and inefficient health care system, it would keep driving up our deficits, it would keep burdening our businesses, it would keep hurting our families, and it would keep holding back economic growth.

ACA WILL DRIVE UP DEFICITS EVEN MORE..
If its a RIGHT, then why are 30 MILLION going to go without insurance?

ADDRESS IT rather than babbling and distracting from the QUOTE..
What about it? Health care costs are always high in this country. However premiums have not risen catastrophically with ACA like cons love to claim. Clinics like that more people are signing up for insurance because that leaves fewer unpaid bills. The only problem is medicaid because they pay less than private insurance. As far as the economy & how ACA affects it, wouldn't you agree it has to cycle about 3 times before making some rash assumption? Yes, that would be the smart thing. Actually, an economist specializing in health care said just that thing this morning.

As far as the rest, I am talking about my post saying "Lol, oh the irony" regarding your post where you called liberals liars & morons. THAT was not from someone that you quoted, that is your own words. End of story.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
What about it? Health care costs are always high in this country. However premiums have not risen catastrophically with ACA like cons love to claim. Clinics like that more people are signing up for insurance because that leaves fewer unpaid bills. The only problem is medicaid because they pay less than private insurance. As far as the economy & how ACA affects it, wouldn't you agree it has to cycle about 3 times before making some rash assumption? Yes, that would be the smart thing. Actually, an economist specializing in health care said just that thing this morning.

As far as the rest, I am talking about my post saying "Lol, oh the irony" regarding your post where you called liberals liars & morons. THAT was not from someone that you quoted, that is your own words. End of story.
Thank you for proving my point.. You WONT hold your leaders accountable for LYING to you.

You just move the goal post and make excuses.. The cost of healthcare is tied to the economy, it always has been. If your suggestion is to keep the economy in the toilet in order to project ACA a success you need to rethink that strategy.

Furthermore, that has NOTHING at all to do with the quote provided.

ACA needed to be passed in order to reduce the deficit.. This was the asinine projections YOUR SIDE made..

Now they are going to run TRILLION dollar deficits, and your reply, the economy sucks so its cheaper.. yaaa..

Thats some standard you got there bucko..

THIRTY MILLION will go without, but we needed to pass ACA because 32 million didnt have insurance AND ITS A RIGHT.. So why arent the 30 million entitled to the RIGHT?

I'm QUOTING OBAMA.. HE SAID it would reduce the deficit, its not. THAT MAKES HIM A LIAR.. and it takes a moron to believe we can insure 32 million reduce the premiums $2500, cover catastrophic care, reduce the cost, move 26 year olds onto their parents policies, but also count them as needed to help "spread the cost" around, without ramifications elsewhere. They contradict their own "spread the cost around" babble by adding the low risk individuals onto parents policies INCREASING costs, not decreasing them. its no stop CONTRADICTION and LIES.

Insurance companies pay off the same UCR/ICD10 reimbursement schedules as the government. Doing all of the above is IMPOSSIBLE, because as the reimbursement schedules go up for insurance companies, the government has to pay more which means it wont reduce the deficits as they claimed.

A MORON would think all of the above is possible.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Thank you for proving my point.. You WONT hold your leaders accountable for LYING to you.

You just move the goal post and make excuses.. The cost of healthcare is tied to the economy, it always has been. If your suggestion is to keep the economy in the toilet in order to project ACA a success you need to rethink that strategy.

Furthermore, that has NOTHING at all to do with the quote provided.

ACA needed to be passed in order to reduce the deficit.. This was the asinine projections YOUR SIDE made..

Now they are going to run TRILLION dollar deficits, and your reply, the economy sucks so its cheaper.. yaaa..

Thats some standard you got there bucko..

THIRTY MILLION will go without, but we needed to pass ACA because 32 million didnt have insurance AND ITS A RIGHT.. So why arent the 30 million entitled to the RIGHT?

I'm QUOTING OBAMA.. HE SAID it would reduce the deficit, its not. THAT MAKES HIM A LIAR.. and it takes a moron to believe we can insure 32 million reduce the premiums $2500, cover catastrophic care, reduce the cost, move 26 year olds onto their parents policies, but also count them as needed to help "spread the cost" around, without ramifications elsewhere. They contradict their own "spread the cost around" babble by adding the low risk individuals onto parents policies INCREASING costs, not decreasing them. its no stop CONTRADICTION and LIES.

Insurance companies pay off the same UCR/ICD10 reimbursement schedules as the government. Doing all of the above is IMPOSSIBLE, because as the reimbursement schedules go up for insurance companies, the government has to pay more which means it wont reduce the deficits as they claimed.

A MORON would think all of the above is possible.
Shrug, you can scream in caps all you want, doesn't make you seem any more stable. You can bring up as many "untruths" as you want, the fact is just as many "truths" can be shown to you as well. However I know you're not interested in that, you just want to hear yourself talk. Well done.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:35 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,470,259 times
Quote:

"It has to cycle about 3 times before making some rash assumption. That would be the smart thing."

What this means is: ignore the obvious failures now and give it some time. Once some time has passed, we will find a way to blame Republicans for its failure instead of admitting that it isn't working.

After all, that's precisely the tactic used for other liberal policies. Did the War on Poverty significantly reduce poverty? Nope. Did the new approach to foreign relations reduce terrorism? Nope. Did establishing a federal department of education result in better quality education? Nope.

Do the Democrats accept that any of those ideas failed and they made mistakes? Nope. They just waited until enough time had passed that they could blame Republicans. The new directions in education established by the now 80% Democrat educational system has no bearing on the decline of education. It's Republicans' fault because Republicans are "anti-education." Did the original intent of the War on Poverty to help lift people out of poverty end up instead creating a multigenerational underclass dependent on government aid for survival? Of course not. It's just that racist Republicans hate poor people.

But now you want us to stop opposing Obamacare and give it a chance to work. You wouldn't ever just let it run a while until people get used to it, and then blame its failure to accomplish the goals it was set out for on Republicans, would you? No, of course not. You'd never do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies