Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 05:30 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I often ask myself why liberals will spend years creating new slogans and sound bites, and then the minute things dont go their way, abandon the standards and move the goal post in order to define success out of complete failures.

For example, they pushed the notion that people needed to "pay their fair share", but in reality, the people who are paying, not only for the most part, do pay their fair share, but they pay far more. The Obama debt commission came to the summary that in order to balance the budget, we needed to expand the tax base, i.e. those who arent paying, would have to start to pay... That quickly was quieted and never heard from again.

ACA, we needed to pass in order to insure 32 million uninsured americans. We were promised it would create surpluses and if you didnt support insuring everyone, then you wanted people to get sick and die. This has turned into projections which show 30 million are expected to go without, and now create trillion + $ deficits.

I heard them non stop bash Romney, for "donating" money to charity, but now think Clintons, taking a direct hand out of $16 million a year for her organization, is perfectly acceptable. They bashed the Bushs in Florida, for simply having a contract to provide testing programs a few years ago which was a lot smaller, and they were providing an actual service in exchange.

Democrats ran around suggesting deficits of a couple hundred billion crashed the economy, but then we needed to create trillion dollar deficits to fix it, while high 5ng Obama for signing the spending into existence then passing the blame onto Bush. Must pass the stimulus bill in order to keep unemployment below a certain percentage, we pass it, unemployment continues to not only climb, but surpass that level, and their montage turned into "delayed economic indicator". Yeah, its a delayed economic indicator, and even the CBO acknowledges that the GDP would be lower in the future due to the spending, because of the money that would need to be removed from the economy in order to pay the debt.. Democrats, not a peep out of this reduction in GDP.

Almost every policy of theirs they over promise and not only under deliver, but sometimes flat out fail, or is based upon such dishonesty, that I have gone from being a Democrat, to not only not supporting them, but look forward to throwing up their fake statistics in their face.
Liberals Have Standards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 05:44 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
no liberal responses?
Why should anyone respond to you, you really don't care all you will do is keep going on and on and on how nobody has answered your orginal question. I think everyone here gets it, you don't like liberals, you don't like democrats, you don't like anyone who thinks differently than you. You are more than happy to post OPINIONS and call them facts, your more than happy to post as many misleading statements or bring out the old tired pelosi said this, reid said that, blah blah blah blah blah. How about for once a thread does not turn into another "I HATE OBAMA" thread is that even possible though when the op's starts with bs straw man statements?

Old 03-22-2015, 05:56 PM

752 posts, read 566,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
"Thanks for proving my earlier point that liberals are fine with debating when it comes to just exchanging rhetoric, but when confronted with an actual list of documented facts/lies/whatever, then you never engage."
Well, there was no actual documentation of anything, but I did my best: //www.city-data.com/forum/38908589-post16.html

Quote:
"Sorry, but your little attempt at face saving there didn't work. You're running away and it's obvious."
You would certainly know about that. See here, here, and here.

Last edited by drishmael; 03-22-2015 at 06:32 PM..

Old 03-22-2015, 05:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
At least since '65 Dems have been making promises on Border Security in exchange for deals on illegals but not keeping the promises.

Border security first, not on a false hope.
Actually I say both parties screwed up when they never funded the border security in the 80's bill. That was clearly seen when they tried to bring a bill to the floor when Bush was president. They got quite a surprise. The biggest uprising of voters messages sent to congress in many decades.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:53 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Default Why do liberals abandon their standards so easily?

Postmodern Progressive identity politics - no need for standards where objective and absolute truth does not exist.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:17 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Why bother?

We know exactly how this is going to play out...

Step 1) Spew right wing anti-Democrat BS
Step 2) Challenge liberals to respond
Step 3) Anytime a liberal does respond, accuse them of not responding and ignore what they actually said

So really, why play your game that we've seen over and over and over and over and over?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You were so right.
Bingo. Cons are so predictable.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:35 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,071 times
Quote:
I often ask myself why liberals will spend years creating new slogans and sound bites, and then the minute things dont go their way, abandon the standards and move the goal post in order to define success out of complete failures.

For example, they pushed the notion that people needed to "pay their fair share", but in reality, the people who are paying, not only for the most part, do pay their fair share, but they pay far more. The Obama debt commission came to the summary that in order to balance the budget, we needed to expand the tax base, i.e. those who arent paying, would have to start to pay... That quickly was quieted and never heard from again.

ACA, we needed to pass in order to insure 32 million uninsured americans. We were promised it would create surpluses and if you didnt support insuring everyone, then you wanted people to get sick and die. This has turned into projections which show 30 million are expected to go without, and now create trillion + $ deficits.

I heard them non stop bash Romney, for "donating" money to charity, but now think Clintons, taking a direct hand out of $16 million a year for her organization, is perfectly acceptable. They bashed the Bushs in Florida, for simply having a contract to provide testing programs a few years ago which was a lot smaller, and they were providing an actual service in exchange.

Democrats ran around suggesting deficits of a couple hundred billion crashed the economy, but then we needed to create trillion dollar deficits to fix it, while high 5ng Obama for signing the spending into existence then passing the blame onto Bush. Must pass the stimulus bill in order to keep unemployment below a certain percentage, we pass it, unemployment continues to not only climb, but surpass that level, and their montage turned into "delayed economic indicator". Yeah, its a delayed economic indicator, and even the CBO acknowledges that the GDP would be lower in the future due to the spending, because of the money that would need to be removed from the economy in order to pay the debt.. Democrats, not a peep out of this reduction in GDP.

Almost every policy of theirs they over promise and not only under deliver, but sometimes flat out fail, or is based upon such dishonesty, that I have gone from being a Democrat, to not only not supporting them, but look forward to throwing up their fake statistics in their face.
Liberals don't have standards, only ideology.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:43 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:

[snip}
I think what we are seeing is the results of dems in the leadership focus grouping all their "principles" so that they appeal to the baser instincts of their base. History has shown that their base are simple-minded, easily manipulated, with a short memories.

This how the cheering throngs of liberal idol worships can applaud Obama when he calls Bush "irresponsible and unpatriotic" for adding almost $4 trillion in debt over eight years, and see them cheer and applaud Obama when he adds $5 trillion in new debt in only four years. There is an endless supply with more examples and comparisons like this.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:47 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Why bother?

We know exactly how this is going to play out...

Step 1) Spew right wing anti-Democrat BS
Step 2) Challenge liberals to respond
Step 3) Anytime a liberal does respond, accuse them of not responding and ignore what they actually said

So really, why play your game that we've seen over and over and over and over and over?
The light of reality to liberals, is like showing the cross to a vampire. So it's no wonder you choose to run and hide from it.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:55 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
4 straight replies and not a single direct quote from Barack Obama, LOL.
The very first response you quoted of my, was direct quote from Obama.. If your going to embarass yourself this bad, please do it on another thread.

And to even further embarrass you.. Lets go RIGHT TO whitehouse.gov
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...dable-care-act

In the United States of America, health care is not a privilege for the fortunate few -- it is a right. And I knew that if we didn’t do something about our unfair and inefficient health care system, it would keep driving up our deficits, it would keep burdening our businesses, it would keep hurting our families, and it would keep holding back economic growth.

Guess what dsjj251.. 30 MILLION are expected to go without health insurance, and his babble about passing it to stop driving up deficits? ITS ADDING OVER A TRILLION to the debt.

YOU are the one living in denial.. NOT ME
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies