Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 03:21 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Chill with the persecution complex.

Work, pay your taxes, and follow the law like the rest of us.

Well, some of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 03:32 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,716 times
Because government is run by the multi-national corporations/ the 1%, they do not want you to succeed. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else. Capitalism, as it exists in America right now, only benefits those that are already at the top. The so-called "American Dream" is dead. As another poster suggested, you're probably better off in another country, consider Germany or Denmark.

Government rewards those that take advantage of welfare, (not everyone that is on does, some do truly need it), because they know as long as they are dependent on government then government can keep them on a leash.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:43 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Dark money? You know how we operate here... PROOF? And if you do have proof - it would be hard to image all of these left leaning groups not giving in this manner as well.

Wait - look at what you just said... Koch spent twice of what I mentioned - so now that's around $21 million you claim they spend... and then you went from that to almost a BILLION. Do you understand how much of a jump in donations that is?? I call total BS on that.

Also - doubling the Koch Brothers money only moves them up to #7 on the list.
Koch Brothers' network will drop almost $1 billion on 2016 election - CBS News

I wouldn't want to live in a swing state come next election. If you thought last election was bad, just wait.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:01 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Koch Brothers' network will drop almost $1 billion on 2016 election - CBS News

I wouldn't want to live in a swing state come next election. If you thought last election was bad, just wait.
So I had to read through that... it sounds like they are mirroring the template set by George Soros.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
[quote=DavidRudisha;39010592]

^
A few weeks ago, you informed us that you were moving out of the US.

If that is still your plan, why not focus on that instead of anonymously blaming US government for whatever ails you on an internet forum?

Please let us know where you land that does not incur inflation or impose taxes for stuff that you do not personally benefit from and provides a similar lifestyle. Many here will gladly follow when you find that place.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So I had to read through that... it sounds like they are mirroring the template set by George Soros.
And/or the Sheldon and Miriam Adelson empire.

No one drops money like this without expecting a huge return on their investment.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:33 PM

LOL...so it went from "thats BS" too...well Soros does it too!

soooo tell me how much Soros is spending this year. does it even remotely come close to a billion?

Just amazing.

How about the "Sheldon and Miriam Adelson empire"

How much? I mean lets just keep things in perspective here.

Hey I spent a couple bucks last year too! OMG!

Old 03-30-2015, 04:39 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
All I want to do is earn a paycheck, put my money in a low-risk savings account, not have to worry about its value being inflated away by the government printing money to pay for warfare and welfare, and then I want to be able to buy assets with those savings and not have to worry about those assets being taken away or taxed to death. I want to pay only foe the government services that I use.

Why does the government punish people like me? Why does it instead reward people who don't work or who spend more than they make?
The government uses your money to buy the votes of the leeches.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post

As another poster suggested, you're probably better off in another country, consider Germany or Denmark.
Incomes over $55,000 are subject to a 60.2% income tax in Denmark. There is an additional 8% Payroll tax.

VAT for goods and services is 25%.

Oh yeah, they have property taxes, too.

The average tax rate in Germany is 29.8%, plus 41% for public health insurance, , retirement, and unemployment.

VAT is a bargain at only 19%.

And again, there is a property tax.

Keep looking.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Incomes over $55,000 are subject to a 60.2% income tax in Denmark. There is an additional 8% Payroll tax.

VAT for goods and services is 25%.

Oh yeah, they have property taxes, too.

The average tax rate in Germany is 29.8%, plus 41% for public health insurance, , retirement, and unemployment.

VAT is a bargain at only 19%.

And again, there is a property tax.

Keep looking.
LOL. I think that person knew that. It was mildly funny.

Actually the two countries with lower tax rates that are developed countries are Mexico, and Chile. Otherwise....you're just out of luck.
The U.S. Is One of the Least Taxed of the Developed Countries | CTJReports
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies