Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 07:05 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,539,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"So what?"

If you didn't care as much you claim, you wouldn't be responding?

With hundreds of posts trashing FOX ALL the time, it gives us a little tickle to see their viewership going UP and the radical lefist MSNBC going down. ESPECIALLY among the younger viewers which many on here claim ONLY "grey headed" people watch FOX.
Yep.

In fact, here are the prime-time ratings from Monday, when the Indiana religious liberties controversy was in full foaming at the mouth mode on the left. This is among the 25-54 age group, which is the younger people.

Primetime: FNC: 423 | CNN: 196 | MSNBC: 117 | HLN: 91

Scoreboard: Monday, March 30 | TVNewser

Fox News has more younger people in their audience than CNN and MSNBC combined, with substantial room to spare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 07:18 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,986,182 times
FOX News hosted Glenn Greenwald on a number of occasions, even celebrated his rhetorical win over Meet the Press's David Gregory on the Snowden debate.

Question 1: When did MSNBC ever give Greenwald air time?
Question 2: Does most of the progressive left even know who Greenwald is?

_"Is MSNBC the place for opinion?"_
Is MSNBC the place for opinion? | Pew Research Center
_"MSNBC Almost Entirely Dominated By Opinion: Pew Study"_
MSNBC Almost Entirely Dominated By Opinion: Pew Study

And not good opinion.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:19 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,154,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
If the alphabet networks actually started reporting again on important stories people want to hear about, I'd suspect Fox's ratings would go down some. But as long as they generally ignore or minimize stories that may make Dems look bad so they can concentrate on GOP related stories, people will go to places like Fox for news.
My wife and I have a running joke that we parlay every single night of the week: "Let's turn on NBC Nightly News and see what Brian Williams is not telling us tonight!" Together we could always pick apart his stories to identify the glaring and blatant omissions and falsehoods. Now that we know he's a serial fabricator, it makes it that much more funny that we have this running commentary going on every night. LOL

Now that Lester Holt is anchoring, we have seen a noticeable difference in the lack of falsehoods/omissions. Most of it is because Lester takes a fairly simplistic approach to reporting by touching the high points and letting the correspondent's fill in the actual details. I'll take that over Williams' terrible reporting any day of the week.

The bottom line is we all should know by now that today's journalists are not much more than left-wing/right wing bloggers with a travel card. I have no respect for hardly any of them anymore.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:23 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,095,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What is interesting is how MSNBC's ratings have continued to be awful even during the kerfuffle about Indiana's religious liberties law. It used to be that MSNBC would spike whenever there was a story all the lefties got worked up about. But if the crew at MSNBC cannot even capitalize on this sort of event, then dispassionately speaking, from a business perspective this experiment really may have run it its course.

Not that I want MSNBC to go away. They are a true political freak show illustrates quite vividly what the priorities of that political perspective really are. If NBC does change course with that channel - by no means a certainty - MSNBC will be nostalgically missed many, including many on the right, including myself.

Not that I watch anymore, but it is nice to know that I could if I wanted to.
That's easy. Most people don't care about Indiana. LOL

Old 04-01-2015, 08:24 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,589,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
FOX ministers to the clueless and successfully works very hard at keeping them that.
Oh, your superiority must feel so good !

Old 04-01-2015, 08:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,846,981 times
Fox provides entertainment for the indiscriminant. MSNBC provides stories to think about. I am surprised that FOX Noise is not doing even better.

indiscriminant = stupid and gullible true believers in their delusional world.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:31 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,154,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Fox provides entertainment for the indiscriminant. MSNBC provides stories to think about. I am surprised that FOX Noise is not doing even better.

indiscriminant = stupid and gullible true believers in their delusional world.

LOL. Greg I didn't know you were a jokester!

Old 04-01-2015, 08:32 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,692,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Welp.
Guess MSNBC needs to move their programing more to the liberal left, this leaning to the conservative right crap is obviously not working for them

Old 04-01-2015, 08:35 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,986,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
My wife and I have a running joke that we parlay every single night of the week: "Let's turn on NBC Nightly News and see what Brian Williams is not telling us tonight!"
There's no shortage of omission from the progressive left--which, from the Warsaw Pact East Bloc, to the DPRK--is historically notorious for censorship.

Most important States' Rights story of the century. 1000 people staring down federal BLM the latter intent on stealing property of a rancher who'd (and whose family had) been paying grazing fees to Nevada for decades, and using land --and infrastructure--passed down through the family since the 1800s. Last rancher of 50 former neighbors still standing in the area.

All over Drudge--top story for several days in a row. Even MSNBC, and CNN couldn't ignore the import of the story.

The feds back down--hours after Sen. Reid's involvement is revealed as well as the existence of a Sept. 2012 New American article entitled _"Harry Reid Bolsters Son’s Interests in Chinese Solar Plant Deal"_. The land where the Bundy controversy errupted was to be used for mitigation easement for such a development.

Any sentient American would think this is a story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU...&v=bD61YFxUga4

Well, not the august New York Times. Like Brezhnev era Soviet media, it doesn't exist. One only need look up "Bundy" in the Search field on the top page of nytimes.com to discover not a trace, anywhere, in Newest, Oldest or Relevance--until six full days after the climactic stand-down (when a leftist Big Government-militarized BLM retreated).

Where NYT finally manages to acknowledge the 10th Amendment incident that made staffers on 8th Ave. squeal in panic to themselves for a month, with a petulant Timothy Egan opinion piece buried inside.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:38 AM

27,696 posts, read 16,186,489 times
SOUR GRAPES... but the left has like 10 slanted news stations to choose from..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies