Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 10:01 AM

5,798 posts, read 5,120,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
Attention: It's not a discrimination and not a racism, it's just my words and thoughts, hope you will understand. Thanks!

I hope everybody remember the situation with baker who refused to make wedding cake for homosexual couple. Now he should pay lesbian couple up to $150,000 for his beliefs...http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2103577
And everybody remember same situation, but with so-called "gay bakeries?" They said that they will not bake "anti-gay cakes" WITHOUT any consequences!
13 "Gay" Bakeries Deny Christian's Request for Pro-Traditional Marriage Cake - Freedom Outpost
And now, the story begins... But now, with new persons
With the white-hot attack of the nation’s media and leftist activists on Christian business owners who object to making products that endorse same-sex marriage, one party has been curiously absent from the national discussion: Muslims.
Hidden Camera: Will MUSLIM Bakers Make a Gay Wedding Cake?Top Right News
Steven Crowder noted how gay activists are so silent about Muslim oppression in Islamic nations — where “moderate” Iran routinely hangs gays from cranes in downtown Tehran, and ISIS throws gays off buildings every week.

What do you think about this, guys?
The guy in the video is a complete moron. He is just baiting the Muslims to do what he hoped they would do to prove his "point". But what he missed is that, Christian or Muslim, both stores would face discrimination suits if they discriminate against gays.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:38 AM

14,975 posts, read 12,191,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
Attention: It's not a discrimination and not a racism, it's just my words and thoughts, hope you will understand. Thanks!

I hope everybody remember the situation with baker who refused to make wedding cake for homosexual couple. Now he should pay lesbian couple up to $150,000 for his beliefs...http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2103577
And everybody remember same situation, but with so-called "gay bakeries?" They said that they will not bake "anti-gay cakes" WITHOUT any consequences!
13 "Gay" Bakeries Deny Christian's Request for Pro-Traditional Marriage Cake - Freedom Outpost
And now, the story begins... But now, with new persons
With the white-hot attack of the nation’s media and leftist activists on Christian business owners who object to making products that endorse same-sex marriage, one party has been curiously absent from the national discussion: Muslims.
Hidden Camera: Will MUSLIM Bakers Make a Gay Wedding Cake?Top Right News
Steven Crowder noted how gay activists are so silent about Muslim oppression in Islamic nations — where “moderate” Iran routinely hangs gays from cranes in downtown Tehran, and ISIS throws gays off buildings every week.

What do you think about this, guys?
Like bullies anywhere, these gay activists and their ilk go after those they deem vulnerable, those they can attack without getting hurt themselves. They know they have the support of the ever PC lame stream news media and left wing politicians with their attacks on selected groups (Christian groups in particular) and they can expect their supporters to carry on their agendas and even add to the false narrative.

We all know it isn't politically correct to cast any aspersions, even suggested aspersions on our Muslim brothers, and if those carrying the perennial LGBT victim banner even uttered a peep against them, they know their agenda supporters would let them hang out to dry with the fatwahs over their heads.

At least IMO.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:44 AM

14,975 posts, read 12,191,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Um, when did LBGT said it was okay for Muslim businesses to discriminate against them? That would be never. They figure whatever rules apply to Christians would apply to Muslims and others, too. Or do you think that the law would explicitly treat the various religions differently? Nope.

Mick
So do you seeanyone out there trying to destroy the businesses of those Muslim owners? Didn't think so. Not that it's right to do that to anyone, mind you.

Old 04-04-2015, 02:02 PM

31,089 posts, read 22,139,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
The guy in the video is a complete moron. He is just baiting the Muslims to do what he hoped they would do to prove his "point". But what he missed is that, Christian or Muslim, both stores would face discrimination suits if they discriminate against gays.

"The guy in the video is a complete moron. He is just baiting the Muslims to do what he hoped they would do to prove his "point"."

Of course, wasn't hard to find Muslim business owners to do what they naturally do though. The Lefts demonization of Christianity is so strong that they would give their pet chosen Religion, Islam, a free pass on discrimination. No surprise.

The Left seems to always have an excuse: "There's not so many of them?", or there our moderates Muslims that are ok with Homosexuality. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the US and they have outnumbered Jews for years, so their numbers are not small. How many ministers or gay clergy are there in the world? Most likely 10s of thousands. How many Gay Imams are there in the World? 5.

5 Imams Who Are Openly Gay - LGBT Muslims

Even in Israel Conservatives Jewish Rabbis are adapting to Gays in their flock. When is this going to happen in Saudi Arabia? uh, when Jesus is invited into the Royal family

Conservative Movement in Israel Ordains its First Openly Gay Rabbi | Human Rights Campaign

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-04-2015 at 02:12 PM..

Old 04-04-2015, 02:19 PM

31,089 posts, read 22,139,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleiron1968 View Post
Discrimination is wrong but such bait threads are also wrong.

People should differentiate between orthodox Muslims and extremists Wahabbists- hating the latter. I hate all radicals from all groups, but as stated here Muslims are a TINY minority, statistically insignificant even. That is why no one focuses on them.
The problem with that is by the time a Muslim is actually a moderate they really become Muslim in name only. Culturally Muslim but observing none of the 5 Pillars is a good example of Muslims I have worked with. I have relatives that are Muslim who I have never seen observe the call to prayer? To some they wouldn't be Muslim

Old 04-04-2015, 02:26 PM

248 posts, read 341,435 times
Note to people who want to buy wedding cakes: Go to your favorite bakery (please vote based on flavor, not overly decorated monstrosities) and ask for a simple wedding cake.

Buy your toppers from Amazon. I'm sure they've got one for every situation, and more.

Done!

P.S.: What's a Muslim bakery??? I dunno about you, but when I go into an establishment I don't ask the religion of the owners, nor do I care if the workers are wearing religiously oriented garb, whether habibs, yarmulkes or crucifixes. My main concerns are, can they cook/bake, and is it clean, since I had my own food store once upon a time and I know what to look for. Secondarily, price. Ambience takes a dead last because some of the best places aren't foo-foo and some of the foo-foo places are awful.

Old 04-04-2015, 02:38 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,143,092 times
Well, my opinion about not serving people because of a "religious" opinions doesn't change because the business owner is Muslim. If you want to discriminate because of a religious views, don't go into business. Simple as that..

Old 04-04-2015, 03:42 PM

24,135 posts, read 32,552,007 times
So what is this? "See they do bad things TOO Mommy!" Who cares?

If this happened, they are both wrong. But I don't think it did.

There is a Muslim run convenience store near my house. They sell pork products, beer, wine and tobacco. That's against the Muslim religion.

But it's a business, not a mosque.

I AM a Christian. Actually, I am an active member of my church. However, I am appalled by the way some members of the Christian right behave.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:46 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,093,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
So what is this? "See they do bad things TOO Mommy!" Who cares?
I think the point was, when a Muslim-run bakery does it, we don't have social media all over it, we don't have thousands of people writing bad Yelp reviews for the Muslim bakery, and we don't have the Muslim bakery getting death threats.

Why is that? That is the question.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:55 PM

24,135 posts, read 32,552,007 times
1. I don't think the Muslim run bakery did this.

2. they are not the ones having a $350K fundraiser.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies