Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2015, 08:28 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackAmerican View Post
Surprised to see white people talk so negatively about an African immigrant group.
lol, truth!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 09:37 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,773,650 times
Quote:

I don't care what party you favor, please, anyone, tell me how massive
immigration from the poorest and most uneducated areas of the world - often from
places flush in religious radicalism and cultures not in line with US values -
is in any way a benefit to our country?

Please don't give me the sht
that we're a nation of immigrants. What a tired, non-relevant article, the
nation has been built - I see no reason why the majority of our growth can't be
organically. Any immigration into the country, the first question asked should
be what benefit does this person provide to the country?
Massive immigration doesn't benefit our country in any way. So lets see why there is all this immigration of religious radicals and cultures to Minneapolis.

This is the real reason: Young Stranger: The Anti-Semitic Capital of America

Old 04-11-2015, 04:49 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
lol, truth!
Sorry if the truth hurts. Listen to the people who put men on the moon and satellites in orbit, they might just be right.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:36 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Sorry if the truth hurts. Listen to the people who put men on the moon and satellites in orbit, they might just be right.
Why?

This is the way I look at things. If individuals are going to talk down on an entire group of people, why should I listen to said individuals regardless of accomplishments?

Old 04-11-2015, 09:11 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
What a mess this country is....and is going to be in in the not too distant future.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:18 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
The fact of the matter is that welfare use by immigrants had been a problem long before Obama. Why do you think that was included in the 1996 Welfare Act? When I worked for ESL in the early 90's most of those immigrants were on welfare, and most were either Mexican or Eastern European. However the main difference is those immigrants were Christians while these aren't. This new crop of Somalis bring barbaric beliefs and hatred towards Christians. Quite frankly we need to curtail immigration only towards those who are skilled. Low skill means more welfare trash. There is a book passed around that shows immigrants how to receive welfare. If you can't support yourself, refuse to assimilate such as adopt our language and culture then nope I don't want you here. Immigrants on welfare offer no benefit but only trouble. I'm not against immigration, I'm against immigrants that offer no positive to our country.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:00 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,147 times
Quote:
Listen to the people who put men on the moon and satellites in orbit, they might just be right.
RAYCUSST!

How dare you be proud of such "old white men" accomplishments.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:35 PM

148 posts, read 149,440 times
Quote:
Unless there is, unbenownst to me, an astrophysicist or engineer in this thread who worked with NASA in the 1960's, this is a pretty dumb line of reasoning. It would be comparable to some guy hanging out at the Cedar-Riverside light rail station saying "Of course I'm one of the best actors in the Midwest, I'm the same race as Barkhad Abdi."

That kind of reasoning shows me two problems: the first is that you're treating not only their race, but your own race, as a giant collective who is just racing other ethnic collectives to see who contributes to society more. Which is absolutely ridiculous, because using any kind of sociological nuance will tell you that at the individual level, it's a mixed bag. My friend Ralia volunteered at shelters and led nonpartisan student groups in college, and has contributed more than a TON of white people I know, but I'm not going to say "Well, yeah, that means that Somalis are more community oriented than everyone else" because that would be a dumb conclusion. And second, if we're going to be completely honest, if I hear someone touting the superiority of their own race/ancestry/ethnicity/nationality by giving examples of other people's accomplishments, I immediately assume it's because they're overcompensating because they don't have enough of their own.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:58 PM

30,261 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
These things don't happen accidentally and in a vacuum.

They're here. The question everyone should be asking is "Why would so many people from an African nation be sent to the frozen tundra of a state like Minnesota"?

I don't know the answer to that question and don't feel like researching it. What role do money, power and politics play in the decision to move them to that state?
I have long had this question, just never vocalized it. If you're from Africa, why on earth would you choose Minnesota? That makes no sense at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That's the democrat party for you- bringing in the third world to the US to "fundamentally transform" the US!

I guess libs and dems will only be happy when the US is reduced to third world status, the middle class is destroyed, and the standard of living for everyone (with the exception of the oligarchs) is diminished to serf status.

GO BACK TO THE PRE 1965 IMMIGRATION QUOTAS FAVORING THOSE WHO WILL ACTUALLY BENEFIT THE US!
That's how it is in other countries. You have to be of some type of benefit to the country. I can't just up and decide to move to, say, Australia, for example, unless I bring some benefit to the country. I need to have skills that they cannot find there. (For the reading impaired: again, my example is me, not someone who has family there.)

Old 04-12-2015, 04:49 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dempsey's Left Foot View Post
Unless there is, unbenownst to me, an astrophysicist or engineer in this thread who worked with NASA in the 1960's, this is a pretty dumb line of reasoning. It would be comparable to some guy hanging out at the Cedar-Riverside light rail station saying "Of course I'm one of the best actors in the Midwest, I'm the same race as Barkhad Abdi."

That kind of reasoning shows me two problems: the first is that you're treating not only their race, but your own race, as a giant collective who is just racing other ethnic collectives to see who contributes to society more. Which is absolutely ridiculous, because using any kind of sociological nuance will tell you that at the individual level, it's a mixed bag. My friend Ralia volunteered at shelters and led nonpartisan student groups in college, and has contributed more than a TON of white people I know, but I'm not going to say "Well, yeah, that means that Somalis are more community oriented than everyone else" because that would be a dumb conclusion. And second, if we're going to be completely honest, if I hear someone touting the superiority of their own race/ancestry/ethnicity/nationality by giving examples of other people's accomplishments, I immediately assume it's because they're overcompensating because they don't have enough of their own.
Riiiiight. You want collective guilt ("white privilege" - all whites owe minorities, all whites are this and that) pushed but oh no no, you don't want collective pride.

Funny how that works with the left-wing crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies