Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 12:12 PM

12,688 posts, read 6,757,710 times

Advertisements

Abstinence does actually work and it is actually possible. Still, in today's culture it's best to take an "all of the above" approach. If your child is going to have sex, you're going to want them to have ready access to condoms and birth control.

The struggle is, if you tried to raise your kids to believe in abstinence until marriage, you don't want to give them such things. Why? Because giving your kid a box of rubbers feels telling him or her "I know that I taught you to be good and not have sex till you're married, but I know you're going to fail." Perhaps you have somebody else providing the condoms and/or birth control pills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 12:14 PM

920 posts, read 636,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Home school them then

Agreed. I should also be exempt from paying school taxes or receive school freedom of choice vouchers...but we all know how the Teachers' Union feels about that!

I love how progressives rail against monopolies, but genuflect and rabidly protect the worst monopoly ever created...public schools...the evil stepchild of BIG Government.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:15 PM

73,147 posts, read 62,828,648 times
I've done abstinence my whole life. So far it's working. No out of wedlock children, no STD's. I have no problems.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:22 PM

920 posts, read 636,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Abstinence does actually work and it is actually possible. Still, in today's culture it's best to take an "all of the above" approach. If your child is going to have sex, you're going to want them to have ready access to condoms and birth control.

The struggle is, if you tried to raise your kids to believe in abstinence until marriage, you don't want to give them such things. Why? Because giving your kid a box of rubbers feels telling him or her "I know that I taught you to be good and not have sex till you're married, but I know you're going to fail." Perhaps you have somebody else providing the condoms and/or birth control pills?
Media is saturated with the message that everyone is having sex and that failure to engage in sex means that there is something wrong with you. Schools are there to encourage that message by assuring students that they cannot control their "natural urges" and that parents are stupid, old, prude, fanatics, hypocrites, etc., that should be ignored in favor of teachers, since teachers not only encourage sexual experimentation, they tell students that students can talk to them about those issues that they could NEVER talk to their parents about.

Public School teachers seek to usurp the role of the parent by convincing students that engaging in casual sex is a reflection of the freedom that the next generation is entitled to, and "if you just watch TV, go to movies, read teen magazines or go on the internet, you will see that we are right and your parents are wrong."

Progressives believe that 12 year olds are going to have sex, so let them...if they get pregnant, let them get a secret abortion without parental consent.

So in the ideology of progressives - a 12 year old is capable of consenting to sex and abortion, but a 26 year old is too young to be responsible for their own health insurance.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:44 PM

90,296 posts, read 120,991,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
Media is saturated with the message that everyone is having sex and that failure to engage in sex means that there is something wrong with you. Schools are there to encourage that message by assuring students that they cannot control their "natural urges" and that parents are stupid, old, prude, fanatics, hypocrites, etc., that should be ignored in favor of teachers, since teachers not only encourage sexual experimentation, they tell students that students can talk to them about those issues that they could NEVER talk to their parents about.

Public School teachers seek to usurp the role of the parent by convincing students that engaging in casual sex is a reflection of the freedom that the next generation is entitled to, and "if you just watch TV, go to movies, read teen magazines or go on the internet, you will see that we are right and your parents are wrong."

Progressives believe that 12 year olds are going to have sex, so let them...if they get pregnant, let them get a secret abortion without parental consent.

So in the ideology of progressives - a 12 year old is capable of consenting to sex and abortion, but a 26 year old is too young to be responsible for their own health insurance.
Talk about moving the goalposts around!

First, what is your basis for saying the bold? Have you ever had a kid in a middle/high school health class? Have they told you that is what is being taught? Have you sat in on said class? Have you looked at your school district's curriculum? Talked to the teachers?

Secondly, I ask the same about "progressives". Where do you get this from? How many progressives have you discussed this with? What research-based papers/books have you read about this?

Finally, WHAT does this have to do with health insurance? Methinks your kids are very young. Wait until your kids are in their early 20s, in grad school, and need health insurance!

Old 04-09-2015, 12:54 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,855,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

My parents were realist
In this day and age , most people are not waiting until marriage to have sex.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:04 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,855,068 times
Quote:
Agreed. I should also be exempt from paying school taxes or receive school freedom of choice vouchers...but we all know how the Teachers' Union feels about that!

I love how progressives rail against monopolies, but genuflect and rabidly protect the worst monopoly ever created...public schools...the evil stepchild of BIG Government.
Are you ex teacher or something?

Old 04-09-2015, 02:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,262,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Our discussion for the last pages has been specifically about fistinggate, not basic sex questions. Or are you moving the goal posts now as a retreat?
You must have missed where I asked what classifies as "normal sex acts?" A nice, factual list would be the best answer you could give.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:20 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,262,288 times
Quote:
I brought up Caligula because he was a fan of what you seem to think is a sexual act. He engaged in many deviant acts that most people would hardly deem acts of sexual intimacy.

Education has become indoctrination. Of course, proggies can't see it. The indoctrination is of progressive ideology. When you are surrounded by lemmings, of course you mock the people who refuse to jump with the rest of you.

I speak as a product of public schools and higher education. I was indoctrinated into progressive ideology in college. It took time and effort to investigate and apply logic and reasoning to the reality of the real world to see how indoctrinated I had become.

I don't "try and attached my personal idea of morality to sexual activity." I have the absolute right to my personal beliefs about sex education and morality and the absolute right to provide that education and the morality connected to it.

Keep sex ed out of schools and in the home. Problem solved!

I love how the mind of the progressive works. If you don't genuflect at the wisdom and power of the STATE you are ignorant and your children are destined to no control over their baser instincts, so they will breed and die as a result of your fear and ignorance of "EDUCATION."

Of course, if public schools were teaching gun safety/shooting or Virtues, you and your ilk would be the first ones to demand that schools focus on "basic education".... BTDT...learned to think for myself.
Well Caligula did all sorts of sex acts, even those you would consider normal as well.

I assume you didn't go to public school and didn't pursue a college degree? You know, you wouldn't want to be indoctrinated or anything.

You are fully welcome to not let your own children not learn about sex education, but don't try to deny others public school access to sex education.

Actually I am fine with teaching gun safety at all levels. We live in a country where you can practically trip over guns because we have too many. And we have too many idiots with guns who don't know how to use them.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:36 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,907,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You must have missed where I asked what classifies as "normal sex acts?" A nice, factual list would be the best answer you could give.
You must have missed where I refused to indulge you, and repeated my point on how irrelevant to sexual health and the prevention of pregnancy the covering of fisting and the like is. The only purpose seems to be for the benefit of the instructor who has a fetish for introducing youth to perversion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies