Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 04:22 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
You must have missed where I refused to indulge you, and repeated my point on how irrelevant to sexual health and the prevention of pregnancy the covering of fisting and the like is. The only purpose seems to be for the benefit of the instructor who has a fetish for introducing youth to perversion.
Oh yes, I am aware you dodged the question, what you consider abnormal can and is normal to other people. And even a teenager can have questions about those things you consider abnormal. Should they be denied the chance to ask those questions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 05:06 PM

920 posts, read 634,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
Talk about moving the goalposts around!

First, what is your basis for saying the bold? Have you ever had a kid in a middle/high school health class? Have they told you that is what is being taught? Have you sat in on said class? Have you looked at your school district's curriculum? Talked to the teachers?

Secondly, I ask the same about "progressives". Where do you get this from? How many progressives have you discussed this with? What research-based papers/books have you read about this?

Finally, WHAT does this have to do with health insurance? Methinks your kids are very young. Wait until your kids are in their early 20s, in grad school, and need health insurance!
Yes I have teenaged children, yes I know what they are being taught, yes I have spoken with their teachers and with them. Yes, I have reviewed the sex ed curriculum.

It has nothing to with health insurance other than to point out the hypocrisy of the left. They think a 12 year old is mature enough to make life changing adult decisions without parental involvement, yet they claim a 26 year old is just a child who should be allowed to have mommy and daddy cover his/her expenses. Get it? A 26 year old is an adult and a 12 year old is a child in the real world, but in progressive ideology it is exactly the opposite.

I don't have "discussions" with progressives. After I state my position, the name calling and ridiculing begins and no discussion can be had.

I don't need "research papers" or books to confirm my rights as a parent to control the moral education of my children....at least for now.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Are you ex teacher or something?
Nope. An ex student and parent of children subject to public school.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:09 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,709,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
And whoever said there isn't?

Your post was #25 in the thread. *All* the previous posts were discussing the thread topic - Is abstinence-only an effective way to teach teens about sex? Your exact quote was "Doesn't anyone support adoption?"

Are you saying that it is OK for teens to get pregnant, because then there will be more babies available for adoption, so it doesn't matter whether abstinence-only sex education is effective or not???
I was taking the conversation a little further... Many of the posts on here were discussing the effects of sex, i.e. unwanted pregnancy. Its great to bash others when they find themselves in this situation isn't it? So, liberals just get an abortion and try to act like it never happened. And, poor white conservatives end up taking care of babies while trying to finish high school or while working a part-time job.
So, I ask again... what about adoption?

Old 04-09-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well Caligula did all sorts of sex acts, even those you would consider normal as well.

I assume you didn't go to public school and didn't pursue a college degree? You know, you wouldn't want to be indoctrinated or anything.

You are fully welcome to not let your own children not learn about sex education, but don't try to deny others public school access to sex education.

Actually I am fine with teaching gun safety at all levels. We live in a country where you can practically trip over guns because we have too many. And we have too many idiots with guns who don't know how to use them.
I attended public schools up to and including a State University and post grad studies at a private law school.

Thank you for your permission to educate my children on issues of morality.

I love how you have determined that my opinion that sex education does not belong in public schools equates to my desire to ignore or refuse to provide sex education to my children.

My opinion also does not "deny others....access to sex ed in schools" If people like you want other to take over your parenting rights, that is your prerogative. I believe in parenting the children I brought into this world and not leaving their morals and values to a Federally created curriculum presented by a disgruntled, underpaid public employee that may or may not even know my child's name.

Glad to see you support at least one constitutionally protected right of citizens.

I notice you seem to find people to be idiots or oversexed hormone ragers lacking any self control.

Maybe you should think about giving people other than yourself more credit with regard to their abilities to maintain self control and aim for more lofty goals that immediate gratification or submitting to groupthink so they don't stand out from the pack.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
Yes I have teenaged children, yes I know what they are being taught, yes I have spoken with their teachers and with them. Yes, I have reviewed the sex ed curriculum.

It has nothing to with health insurance other than to point out the hypocrisy of the left. They think a 12 year old is mature enough to make life changing adult decisions without parental involvement, yet they claim a 26 year old is just a child who should be allowed to have mommy and daddy cover his/her expenses. Get it? A 26 year old is an adult and a 12 year old is a child in the real world, but in progressive ideology it is exactly the opposite.

I don't have "discussions" with progressives. After I state my position, the name calling and ridiculing begins and no discussion can be had.

I don't need "research papers" or books to confirm my rights as a parent to control the moral education of my children....at least for now.
Well what do you tell a 12 year old that is pregnant or has an STD because they lacked proper sex education? Actually research papers would help educate yourself on this topic, just because one has the ability to be a parent doesn't mean they have the ability to know all the answers to how to raise a child.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well what do you tell a 12 year old that is pregnant or has an STD because they lacked proper sex education? Actually research papers would help educate yourself on this topic, just because one has the ability to be a parent doesn't mean they have the ability to know all the answers to how to raise a child.
I don't tell them anything if they are not my child. If a pregnant 12 year old came to me needing help, I would first go with her to talk with her parents if she hadn't already, and if they refused to assist, I would make every effort to find her the necessary financial, emotional, and medical support she needed to have a successful pregnancy and continued support for her decision to keep or adopt out the child.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I was taking the conversation a little further... Many of the posts on here were discussing the effects of sex, i.e. unwanted pregnancy. Its great to bash others when they find themselves in this situation isn't it? So, liberals just get an abortion and try to act like it never happened. And, poor white conservatives end up taking care of babies while trying to finish high school or while working a part-time job.
So, I ask again... what about adoption?

Are you from Guam? My sister in law was born there.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
I attended public schools up to and including a State University and post grad studies at a private law school.

Thank you for your permission to educate my children on issues of morality.

I love how you have determined that my opinion that sex education does not belong in public schools equates to my desire to ignore or refuse to provide sex education to my children.

My opinion also does not "deny others....access to sex ed in schools" If people like you want other to take over your parenting rights, that is your prerogative. I believe in parenting the children I brought into this world and not leaving their morals and values to a Federally created curriculum presented by a disgruntled, underpaid public employee that may or may not even know my child's name.

Glad to see you support at least one constitutionally protected right of citizens.

I notice you seem to find people to be idiots or oversexed hormone ragers lacking any self control.

Maybe you should think about giving people other than yourself more credit with regard to their abilities to maintain self control and aim for more lofty goals that immediate gratification or submitting to groupthink so they don't stand out from the pack.
Oh good, so you also passed your indoctrination programs...or did you come up with that idea that education is nothing more than an indoctrination only after you passed your classes?

I never gave or denied you permission on how to educate your own children, but you do seem to think just because you don't like something, then everyone else must be denied it as well. Could I have permission to let my own child learn sex education in school or is that too "immoral" for you?

Also, sex education has nothing to do with "morals." It has everything to do with teaching factual information to children in a classroom setting, if that is too "immoral" for you, then don't let your children be in those sex education programs. Though I do agree with you, our teachers are horribly underpaid for the work we demand of them when it comes to educating our future generations.

Last time I checked, I support every constitutionally protected right of citizens....not sure where you got the idea that I didn't....

Oh, I believe we all make our own personal choices when it comes to sex, though the more education one has about sex, the better chance they will make the best decisions for themselves. Trying to limit one's access to education will only increase their chances that they will in turn make poor decisions that could have a lifelong effect.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I don't tell them anything if they are not my child. If a pregnant 12 year old came to me needing help, I would first go with her to talk with her parents if she hadn't already, and if they refused to assist, I would make every effort to find her the necessary financial, emotional, and medical support she needed to have a successful pregnancy and continued support for her decision to keep or adopt out the child.
Well, lets pretend this 12 year old is yours.....seeing that is what I was making a point about rather than some random child that wasn't yours....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies