Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 05:36 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Her answer means she believes that a baby doesn't gain any rights until it leaves the birth canal. A baby born at 7 months is a person with legal rights, while a baby aborted at 7 months is a fetus with zero rights. As much as Liberals try to make this an anti-woman issue, I've never heard a pro-lifer argue they want to control women. We don't care what women do with their bodies; we care what they do with the person living inside their body.

In trying to avoid taking a stance, she made her stance quite clear. Women should have zero restrictions on abortion; as many as they want, as late as they want. But what should I expect, she's a lunatic.

Paul also brings up a good point. These gotcha questions are routinely pointed at Republicans and rarely at Democrats, hoping to torpedo a Republican politician if they can catch them off guard.
That is not what she said and you know it.

Quote:
“Sounds like her answer is yes, that she’s okay with killing a seven-pound
baby,” he said
Well, RP made his stance quite clear. No late term abortion, even if the mother is going to die. But, what should I expect, he is a lunatic.

See? You're not the only one who can twist someone's words to fit their agenda, I can do it too.

It seems Rand is ignorant of the reasons late term abortions are done.....and is a perfect example why politicians like him need to keep their noses out of women's medical issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 05:37 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Really?

What do you call it when fathers walk away and their children end up on the government dole?
Unenforced laws.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Well, RP made his stance quite clear. No late term abortion, even if the mother is going to die.
Being as there is never such a time it's really not that controversial of a position.

Quote:
It seems Rand is ignorant of the reasons late term abortions are done.....and is a perfect example why politicians like him need to keep their noses out of women's medical issues.
Maybe you can fill us in?

Old 04-09-2015, 05:53 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Rand Paul is an idiot who believes that no one should be able to get an abortion, not even a rape victim, incest victim, or even to prevent a mothers death. What a moron.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:59 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Being as there is never such a time it's really not that controversial of a position.

Maybe you can fill us in?
Here is one example, want more?.......google it yourself.

Pregnant El Salvador woman denied life-saving abortion - CBS News

Is this what you and Rand Paul want to see happen to women in this country?

Would you choose a fetus with no brain over the life of your wife or daughter?

No? Then you are not against late term abortion.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Here is one example, want more?.......google it yourself.

Pregnant El Salvador woman denied life-saving abortion - CBS News
They can remove the fetus without killing it. But it's always, "google it". You made the claim, you google it.

Quote:
Is this what you and Rand Paul want to see happen to women in this country?
I want universal health care. It would cover the procedure she actually needs.

Quote:
Would you choose a fetus with no brain over the life of your wife or daughter?

No? Then you are not against late term abortion.
It's not an either/or choice.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:13 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,833 times
Quote:
Really?

What do you call it when fathers walk away and their children end up on the government dole?

They are criminals and the courts should make them pay or spend 18 years in jail while the state supports them. It is the mother's CHOICE to not exercise legal remedies to obtain child support from the father.

The mother should have had that discussion 9 months ago, not on the way to the delivery room.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:18 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Her answer means she believes that a baby doesn't gain any rights until it leaves the birth canal. A baby born at 7 months is a person with legal rights, while a baby aborted at 7 months is a fetus with zero rights. As much as Liberals try to make this an anti-woman issue, I've never heard a pro-lifer argue they want to control women. We don't care what women do with their bodies; we care what they do with the person living inside their body.

In trying to avoid taking a stance, she made her stance quite clear. Women should have zero restrictions on abortion; as many as they want, as late as they want. But what should I expect, she's a lunatic.

Paul also brings up a good point. These gotcha questions are routinely pointed at Republicans and rarely at Democrats, hoping to torpedo a Republican politician if they can catch them off guard.

Even then, she disagrees with Obama, who doesn't believe babies who survive late-term abortions should be afforded care.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:06 PM

9,290 posts, read 14,902,565 times
Will you people kindly stop telling me what I believe? That's right up there with telling me how to manage my reproductive rights. I'm a real libertarian- I believe I should make my own decisions.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:46 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
Leftists must constantly have to fight the cognitive dissonance in their heads when they support positions that they know are logically wrong. If a 7 lb baby has the right to life, then the baby has the right to life whether born or in the womb. There's just no way around that conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies