Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 04:22 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,966,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Please quote your sources that a lot of people want 12 year old bullies in adult jail.
That's fallacious, I'm not making an extraordinary claim; what do you expect me to do, cite a poll? Open any thread about a child bully and you will find grown-a** people saying sadistic and disgusting things about killing and harming them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think a lot of people want to see that at all.
You would be surprised...

Old 04-09-2015, 04:27 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
You would be surprised...
Are you speaking out of experience, from the perspective of a bully or one's parent?

Old 04-09-2015, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Are you speaking out of experience, from the perspective of a bully or one's parent?
No. I'm sure at some point in my life I bullied someone in some way, because nobody is perfect. I'm talking about things that people have said. I just find it disturbing how much someone can hate a child for something that really isn't THAT big a deal compared to murder or something. But like I said, maybe i'm just weird for not being blood thirsty.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:57 PM

920 posts, read 634,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
I'm very much against bullying being a victim of it myself, but honestly, nobody is perfect. I think nearly everybody has been the bully at some point in some way. Maybe not physically, but even not sticking up for anyone when they ought have to.

I dislike the anti-bullying movement because it's faddish and promotes retribution and shaming of children who are bullies. While a small minority of bully children grow up to be sociopaths and criminals, the vast majority of them turn out to merely be losers or even grow up into mature and caring people. I wouldn't be surprised if anti-bullying groups are funded by the prison industry as a way to obtain slaves from another demographic.
Nope it is a smoke and mirrors exercise for the sole purpose of indoctrinating children in the belief that homosexuals are mere victims of our morally corrupt society and deserve our protection and encouragement to live any way they want. It is meant to teach children that everyone is the same regardless of moral truths and that failure to embrace their sexual proclivities is equal to bullying and failure to provide love, support and encouragement to the GLBTQQ++ members is tantamount to wanting to bring slavery back and putting Rosa Parks back on the back of the bus.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:07 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Default Is the anti bullying movement an excuse to put kids in jail?

I doubt kids are being put in jail just for being a Bully, I think the Bully movement is a joke and it's turning kids into tattle telling wimps that will grow up to be weak minded people who can't handle themselves in stressful situations.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:53 PM

And no, people often accuse me of hyperbole but this is a real idea. Florida Bill Would Put 'Bullies' In Jail For A Year | ThinkProgress

Old 04-09-2015, 07:57 PM

Short-term consequences[edit]
In 1989, researchers found that juveniles housed in adult facilities are
5 times more likely to be sexually assaulted than youth held in juvenile detention centers[35]
2 times more likely to be beaten by staff than youth held in juvenile detention centers[35]
4.6 times more likely to commit suicide than the general adolescent population[36]
7.7 times more likely to commit suicide than adolescents in juvenile detention centers[36]
Additionally, juveniles who witness violence during incarceration, which is more likely in adult facilities, are less likely to be deterred from future crime.[16]
Youth convicted as adults are at a greater risk of assault and death in adult jails and prisons.[37]

This is what Americans want.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:34 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,124,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I doubt kids are being put in jail just for being a Bully, I think the Bully movement is a joke and it's turning kids into tattle telling wimps that will grow up to be weak minded people who can't handle themselves in stressful situations.
Well, you're not a bully at all, are you? It's doesn't take much of a person to pick on someone weaker than themselves. There will always be people that are sensitive or will refuse to fight. Because you have a thick skin, everybody wasn't born like you. It's your inability to accept someone that is different from you. Was you raised to be this way? If you have kids, are you raising them that way?

You know, it's too bad we can't go back in time before all this gang crap started with guns and knives. When I was a kid, my parents told us never to start a fight, but if someone started one with us, we better finish it!

My oldest brother was a "wimp" and even my older brother. My sister was a tomboy. If anybody picked on them, my sister would go and beat the crap out of them. HAHAHA a guy getting his arse whipped by a girl! Do ya think those bullies ever picked on my brothers again?

My older sister was 6' tall in Junior High and EVERYONE except her few close friends picked on her daily. She spent at least 1/4 of her time in Jr. High in the hospital over stomach problems caused by all the Arseholes that weren't raised better.

One of my neighbor's uncles that was maybe 25 at the time, took it upon himself to beat up my oldest brother when he was maybe 16. There was a brawl in the middle of the street. My Dad kicked that adult bullies arse. The cops came and no one was arrested. The issue was resolved.

When my one son was in grade school, he was constantly getting beat up by a big kid and he wouldn't fight, yet he got suspended for being in the fight. My husband told him to pick a day and he was going to fight this kid after school. My husband went to school when it was out and egged him on. If he was going to get suspended for not fighting, he was going to stand up to this thug and give him all he had. He did and he beat the crap out of him. He got suspended again, but this time it was worth it and the thug never laid a hand on my son again.

My younger son was bullied by a group of 7 and I can't go into it because of cross-posting. All I'm gonna say about that is once he got to High School, if he saw someone being bullied, he went & took care of it.

Until the schools actually DO something for the victims, this will be an ongoing problem. Until PARENTS teach their kids acceptance of those different from them, it will continue. Until PARENTS realize their jock, cheerleader, princess, children LIE just like every other kid lies and their kids aren't the ANGELS they think they are, this will continue to happen. Until PARENTS teach their kids to get involved and stand up for someone being bullied, this will continue.

I used to think that only "old" people were so closed minded. But now that I'm older, since starting to post on this forum, I'm finding out differently.

Too bad we can't go back to fist fights resolving the bullying issue, but there'd be guns or knives involved today. People don't know how to fight fair in anything anymore.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:44 AM

The fact people feel a child deserves to be brutalized by adults for childhood BS proves to me that people are hypocrites and mean spirited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies