Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 10:54 AM

20 posts, read 14,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Hillary is a globalist. You know what that means in terms of jobs and the US economy ?
explain in details, please

Old 04-12-2015, 10:57 AM

16,549 posts, read 8,589,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
No more Bush's. No more Clinton's. We're a free republic, not a monarchy.

In fact, no more rich, white men.
Wow, I was about to agree wit you and send some rep points until your last two words. White men seem to be one of the few groups left in this country you can deride without fear of the PC police saying your life should be snuffed out.
It is fair game to pick on white men, but virtually no one else.

Here is a news flash. You have this wonderful country and Constitutional Republic because of white men. You also enjoy the freedoms you have because of them. So stop using white men as some type of a scapegoat.

Personally I'd prefer anyone but another Bush or Clinton. This despite Bush 1 being a pretty good president, and Bill also having some positive attributes. So we agree there.

I'd also like to see our system of electing someone not be predicated on how much money someone can raise.
Remember, not everyone who gets elected is rich. Rather it is whomever can raise the most money. Therefore they must be beholden to special interests that fund their campaigns. Still we agree on that point as well, provided you accept my caveat?

As to the gender and race aspect you injected, of which we disagree, how about a compromise. Lets agree to say anyone, of any gender or race, be elected based on their ability, executive experience, and personal integrity. After all, the job requires running the largest economy, most powerful military, and beacon to the free world.
I think out of 300 million plus citizens we can certainly choose someone other than a Bush or Clinton who would be better qualified for the job description.

`

Old 04-12-2015, 11:03 AM

3 posts, read 4,470 times
NOPE NOPE NOPE there is literally no candidate that I despise more than Mrs.Clinton. I would rather see Jeb Bush in office than her. In fact I'd rather see Obama overextend his power and run a third term.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:06 AM

16,549 posts, read 8,589,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
She would be an average president. She will be slightly above average in foreign policy and slightly below average when it comes to domestic and economic issues. There do not seem to be any 'excellent' candidates coming from either party.
Based on what exactly?
Frequent flyer miles?

She presided over the so called Arab Spring which saw us throw our allies under the bus in places like Egypt, only to endorse groups like the Muslim Brotherhood to take control and start killing people left and right. The Middle East started falling apart under her watch, and that cannot be counterbalanced by any achievements, of which she has none. That's right, in her 4 years, what can she point to as a significant achievement?
We certainly know it is not the security and protection of our embassy's. No she played the Obama game of being present, but not doing much of anything. She bided her time, trying not to do anything that might adversely effect her political future.
Think about it!

Old 04-12-2015, 11:21 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,522,988 times
She's doing it for the sake of it, I just see no way of her actually becoming president -- not only does she not have it, there is always Bill's legacy to contend with. As the wife of a former president she simply is not her own person and can't enter the race with a clean slate.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:22 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,311,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
No.

I think America needs a young and enthusiastic president. Not someone almost 70 by the time the election rolls around, pushing 80 after another 8 years. I don't think she has it in her. She's old. She looks tired. She's not presidential material, IMO.

Nor do I think we need any more Clinton or Bush presidents.
I agree completely; the American people do not need another Clinton or Bush in the White house!

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton -- handled the Sept. 11, 2012 bombing at the U.S. consulate in Benghzai, Libya.

The attack killed four Americans -- and set off administration critics such as U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis. A few days before the hearing, it was disclosed that a top U.S. diplomat had said "everyone" at the consulate thought "from the beginning" that the attack was an act of terror.

And even before that, Johnson had reminded citizens at least twice of what Clinton told him about the attack during a Senate committee hearing in January 2013.

"Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night and decided they’d go kill some Americans," Clinton said. "What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?"

In Context: Hillary Clinton's 'What difference does it make' comment | PolitiFact

Hillary is a woman and a Grandma, but more importantly, she has shown herself to be completely incompetent as well as a manipulator and a liar. These are my biggest concerns for this vile woman getting into the WH.

Hillary Clinton: Don't you want to see a woman president?

Hillary Clinton: Don't you want to see a woman president?

No, for me personally as well as for my country I want to see a respected and competent individual as President; yes, I realize I am asking for a lot but there is no harm in asking.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:34 AM

1,188 posts, read 1,464,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Based on what exactly?
Frequent flyer miles?

She presided over the so called Arab Spring which saw us throw our allies under the bus in places like Egypt, only to endorse groups like the Muslim Brotherhood to take control and start killing people left and right. The Middle East started falling apart under her watch, and that cannot be counterbalanced by any achievements, of which she has none. That's right, in her 4 years, what can she point to as a significant achievement?
We certainly know it is not the security and protection of our embassy's. No she played the Obama game of being present, but not doing much of anything. She bided her time, trying not to do anything that might adversely effect her political future.
Think about it!
Simply because she was secretary of state so she already has on the job experience and established relations with world leaders. The Arab world and middle east in general is a lost cause. The only reason they are relevant is Israel and oil. The best any US leader can do is: keep oil flowing, keep Iran from nuking Israel, while trying to reduce overall expenditures in the area. If the medievalists over there want to kill each other unfortunately we're going to have to let them do it since we cannot afford to police the region forever. Clinton will be fine with relations to Europe and China. Not sure about Russia though, seems like they are going to be a headache again.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:35 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
President Hillary Clinton. YES!

Old 04-12-2015, 11:36 AM

446 posts, read 708,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
No more Bush's. No more Clinton's. We're a free republic, not a monarchy.

In fact, no more rich, white men.
So, you're a racist. Good to know.

Old 04-12-2015, 11:41 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
President Hillary Clinton. YES!
Because she's a she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies