Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 08:39 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times

Advertisements

Of course the child could be afraid of black men after something like this. I'm 56 and I would be as well even though I know it's "notallblackmen". It would be for different reasons than the 3 year old probably, not just a gut association but also knowing the history of crime in the area's I've lived in. You can't counter experience with idealism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 08:57 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Why would he make a statement that calls out just that child's parents, but indicts an entire race of people for perpetuating stereotypes and for producing children that "constantly turn into thugs and criminals"? That seems just a wee bit uneven.

Is that what's considered fair now? Call out individual white people for their crappy parenting, but don't hesitate to engage in a blanket slam on black people?
The thing is why did the parents of that little girl need to be admonished in the first place? Did her parents tell their child to start fearing black males or did the little child tell her parents that she was scared in which case its justified considering what had happened?

Also the reason why that judge should've called out his own people is because those negative stereotypes exist for a reason. Because incidents such as what happened to that family is a COMMON OCCURRANCE in addition to all the crime blacks commit against each other. As I've said before this is clearly a generational problem among blacks when almost every black family in the US can probably point to at least one family member or relative that has committed a major crime, has murdered or has been murdered in the past.

So even if the majority of blacks haven't committed a serious violent crime or murder, its pretty damn clear that black communities everywhere have been supporting and hiding these criminals and are continually breeding generation after generation of future thugs and criminals that add to this never ending problem. And THAT'S why its important to call blacks out for their behavior and let them know it shouldn't be tolerated anymore otherwise what's happening right now in black communities will continue into eternity.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
The judge should shut his pie hole and focus on the law. No one should look to government for morals. They are horrific at it.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:24 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The family of the victims will be sure to leave a message on this judge's lawn some night. He will never do this again.
A burning cross?

Old 04-15-2015, 12:28 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
The thing is why did the parents of that little girl need to be admonished in the first place? Did her parents tell their child to start fearing black males or did the little child tell her parents that she was scared in which case its justified considering what had happened?

Also the reason why that judge should've called out his own people is because those negative stereotypes exist for a reason. Because incidents such as what happened to that family is a COMMON OCCURRANCE in addition to all the crime blacks commit against each other. As I've said before this is clearly a generational problem among blacks when almost every black family in the US can probably point to at least one family member or relative that has committed a major crime, has murdered or has been murdered in the past.

So even if the majority of blacks haven't committed a serious violent crime or murder, its pretty damn clear that black communities everywhere have been supporting and hiding these criminals and are continually breeding generation after generation of future thugs and criminals that add to this never ending problem. And THAT'S why its important to call blacks out for their behavior and let them know it shouldn't be tolerated anymore otherwise what's happening right now in black communities will continue into eternity.
So basically your thinking is yes, indict an entire race of people because of the actions of some, but let us not dare call out specific white parents who actually have fostered a fear in their child of anyone who happens to have dark skin.

Perhaps judges should start calling out all white people whenever some oxy-addicted trailer trash robs a pharmacy, breaks into a house, or murders someone.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-15-2015 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 04-15-2015, 12:51 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
It is stupid as hell and the judge is right to call them out on it.

"Black man invaded my home, therefore all black men are bad."

Irrational fear is a human core survival mechanism. PTSD is great example of irrationality taken to extremes. PSTD victims worry and are scared of loud noises despite loud noises having little no threat of danger. When the brain senses fear its will go to great lengths to protect it self. The results are often times irrational and unreasonable but the fear and need to feel safe takes precedence over logic and reason.

I do not know if these people have PTSD or not but I would imagine its scary having your house robbed and its not too outlandish that one might develop irrational fears. The judge is a bone head for doing what he did. While he is right, people should not have irrational fears, under the circumstances maybe a little more subtle route should be been taken.

Last edited by billydaman; 04-15-2015 at 01:12 AM..

Old 04-15-2015, 12:59 AM

1,160 posts, read 713,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Why couldn't he say something like 'While I'm deeply offended that a child has become afraid of black men over this incident, I'm equally offended that black males continually perpetuate the stereotypes of themselves as being violent and criminal and I'm saddened that the parents of these two offenders didn't raise their children better so that we wouldn't we wouldn't be in this courtroom today.
Because the black man is not responsible for saving his race. You cant subjugate a responsibility (not perpetuating a stereotype)onto someone just because their skin is a certain color. This is the same reason why "white privilege" is wrong. Its subjugates a benefit because of what other people did. What other people did has no significance in admonishing this young criminal for his criminal behavior. Pretending he has some special responsibility because of what other people did who share the same color skin as he does is unreasonable, and frankly, illogical.

Last edited by billydaman; 04-15-2015 at 01:13 AM..

Old 04-15-2015, 03:44 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
A judge adds his personal vision into a case and perverted the justice system?

What the ????

Old 04-15-2015, 05:27 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,753,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
It is stupid as hell and the judge is right to call them out on it.

"Black man invaded my home, therefore all black men are bad."
We're talking about a three year old child. Maybe the 2 black guy's should not have committed the crime, then it would not be an issue. This judge should be thrown off the bench. I think it is pretty natural for a 3 year old to have a fear of what ever traumatized her. I am sure as time goes on, the 3 year old will mature to understand that not all black people are bad.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:58 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
So basically your thinking is yes, indict an entire race of people because of the actions of some, but let us not dare call out specific white parents who actually have fostered a fear in their child of anyone who happens to have dark skin.
As I noted earlier......If a three year old is bit by a dog the parents don't have to foster anything for the child to be afraid of dogs. No matter how much they tell her than not all dogs bite, she is still going to be wary or afraid of dogs.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-15-2015 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies