Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 09:09 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,005,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I have seen this guy several times - Promoting Common Sense.
Unlike the white redneck guy who was trashed and talking out of his butt, the black guy is always lucid and speaking coherently. Since he is lucid and coherent, he is entertaining as well. I wonder how many blacks he inspires versus those who turn him off? Thomas Sowell and Ben Carson get shot down all the time as does Allen West. Google "Black Conservative Speakers" and get your fill.

He loses credibility with me wearing that awful Pittsburgh Steelers hat!

Old 04-16-2015, 09:10 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,005,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
White privilege.

A liberal made up problem by white apologists looking for a solution.

Hey no s***! We actually agree on something!

Old 04-16-2015, 09:51 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,554,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Whites tend to bid too high. Minorities can and will underbid to get a job or contract. A few years ago during the economy crunch. I've seen lots of companies underbid, just to keep their doors open. Its all about the money. You also get what you pay for. Go cheap, and you get cheap. Labor and materials if you dont watch out.
I had to review bid submittals to my company during that time and remember bids coming in egregiously low, like, "how can you even build this for that amount" low. Needless to say, the work we had to do to justify the low bid award made our lives miserable.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:07 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,408,055 times
i knew during that time, one big roadbuilding use to bid small parking lots, like mcdonald size, for cost plus one dollar, just to keep from laying anybody off.

now that might sound good but it lowered the price in town that everybody else was going out of business, had to lower labor cost and wages just to compete.

i think they need to be some type of minimum to keep from undercutting, doesn't make sense huh, but then company start doing poor work to make a profit, they know to a penny how much a job will cost before its bidded

Old 04-16-2015, 03:02 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,843,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Liberals criticize Rednecks all the time calling them idiots, but when it fits their agenda they parade them as truth tellers and intelligent. And how can you take someone serious when every other word out of their mouth is the F word.

The term "White Privilege" is nothing more than keeping whites and blacks fighting each other.

Try being a white male, owner of a business, and bidding on jobs that you are turned down because you are not a minority. That's "White Privilege".
Sorry but had to LOL at this. Mostly because I worked for many years on government procurement and got many, many stories by white guy business owners about how they "knew they weren't going to win because they weren't black/minority."

It was hilarious.

FYI, over 95% of all government contracts go to white, male owned businesses. Only state/local governments are allowed to have preferences for MBE/WBE businesses. FYI, most states always allow small business owners who are non-black/non-woman to have an alternate route to be declared as a "disadvantaged business."

You like many of the guys I spoke with are blowing smoke out of your you-know-what. One of the funniest ones I heard a while ago was from a guy who told me he wouldn't get chosen because he was not a black business owner and oddly enough, he was already a contractor with the agency I was working for and we were only re-bidding because the contract was expiring. When we awarded the new contract, 3 companies were awarded specific locations and all 3 of them were white owned, male owned companies.

Also FYI, when you say things like that to procurement departments or officials or people who know procurement officials, they will "blacklist" you (pun meant) and you will stand a lesser chance of getting an award because you will be labeled a whiner and someone who will cause problems or legal issues all the time.

ETA: The fact that a white person has a business is a privilege. The fact that the business owner is a male, white owner is especially privileged because they usually have a larger network and are more apt to get awarded a contract due to the "good ole boy" network.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:57 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,410,271 times
Default He's right

It doesn't matter who delivers the message, as long as it's correct.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:10 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,408,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
It doesn't matter who delivers the message, as long as it's correct.
but its not correct, its not a white thing, its a business thing and business is blind to race , good work ethics and you will go far.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:15 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,134,272 times
The litmus test: in heart of hearts, no white person would volunteer to become an average black person (not a pro athlete, entertainer, etc.). You are going to dispute me on this?

Mick

Old 04-16-2015, 05:42 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,032,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Sorry but had to LOL at this. Mostly because I worked for many years on government procurement and got many, many stories by white guy business owners about how they "knew they weren't going to win because they weren't black/minority."

It was hilarious.

FYI, over 95% of all government contracts go to white, male owned businesses. Only state/local governments are allowed to have preferences for MBE/WBE businesses. FYI, most states always allow small business owners who are non-black/non-woman to have an alternate route to be declared as a "disadvantaged business."

You like many of the guys I spoke with are blowing smoke out of your you-know-what. One of the funniest ones I heard a while ago was from a guy who told me he wouldn't get chosen because he was not a black business owner and oddly enough, he was already a contractor with the agency I was working for and we were only re-bidding because the contract was expiring. When we awarded the new contract, 3 companies were awarded specific locations and all 3 of them were white owned, male owned companies.

Also FYI, when you say things like that to procurement departments or officials or people who know procurement officials, they will "blacklist" you (pun meant) and you will stand a lesser chance of getting an award because you will be labeled a whiner and someone who will cause problems or legal issues all the time.

ETA: The fact that a white person has a business is a privilege. The fact that the business owner is a male, white owner is especially privileged because they usually have a larger network and are more apt to get awarded a contract due to the "good ole boy" network.
I was going to reply to you with some detail but after reading this statement I knew I would be wasting my time:

But since I am part of the "good ole boy" network don't really need any of those county contracts anyway.

Plus us white guys are very good at owning a successful business, our fathers taught us that skill. Probably why we get 95% of the contracts.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:49 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,926,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
OUCH! IF this dude's for real; he's gonna make a whole lot of people real mad and, I ain't talking about just hood rats either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies