Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 06:43 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If we would only give them more money they could tighten security up lol

I dont see how changing the method through which candidates are bribed (i.e. campaign reform), accomplishes anything.

Mission failure on two fronts.
what people are saying is, that, they want campaign contributions to stop....that way, the candidates can't be bought....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 06:44 AM

45,211 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
what people are saying is, that, they want campaign contributions to stop....that way, the candidates can't be bought....
Uh huh lol
Why would be so naive to believe that? You think new ways ( mostly covert) of payoffs wont take place?
The answer is to strip away the power politicians have over us, then they will have nothing to sell.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
His is a much bigger story than anything he wanted to say. Maybe the government should concentrate on the air space around the White House as opposed to feeling people up at the airport and listening in to every phone conversation teen girls have.

The government is doing too many things and none of them well.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Uh huh lol
Why would be so naive to believe that? You think new ways ( mostly covert) of payoffs wont take place?
The answer is to strip away the power politicians have over us, then they will have nothing to sell.
wull, ya gotta start somewhere?????? What is your solution, to sit back and do nothing, ignore the fact, and continue to vote for these losers....?

Do you have a better idea? If so, please share

ya know what, it took us 40 - 50 years to get to where we are today, and you want it all in what? We've got to start somewhere....

Old 04-16-2015, 06:51 AM

24,396 posts, read 23,050,809 times
I certainly sympathize with his opinions and admire his resolution but was it worth a criminal record? Especially since those he wanted to give the letter to couldn't care less about what the average citizen thinks.
If I was on the jury I'd find him not guilty, though.

Old 04-16-2015, 06:53 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,276,638 times
Quote:
yes, I agree, but when you hear him speak, he said, I'd rather be dead, then live to be 80 and see my country fail....

I'm sorry, but there is a person who will not compromise his value....

do you know why he did this?
Because he is a moron?

Old 04-16-2015, 06:57 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,276,638 times
Quote:
EXACTLY!!!! and it really irritates me, when people come into threads and automatically just disregard what this man has done and refuse to see the significance in his actions....he is truly a man who cares about his nation and it takes men like this to draw attention to the real story....so many freakin people in this country don't have a clue, and walk into the voting booths, actually believing that their candidate is not corrupt and is going to make a difference

I mean there are people gaga over Hillary....???? and don't even have the knowledge about her background and what she did....to human lives....???????

That is why they ruined Herman Cain with rumors....before he became outspoken, about his thoughts on issues....no one cared who he was....then, close to the elections, right before the debates started, he became very vocal....and I didn't agree with him on every issue? Who does, but he was the only candidate, who spoke up about what he thought and was going to do with these issues at hand. And I was thinking, "oh man, hold on, b/c he'll never get in, and if he does, well....it will be his demise...". Well, people started to listen and liked what he had to say....and boom, they pulled the carpet out from underneath him and got rid of him but quick!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!
What significance? He flew a hobby helicopter onto capitol grounds to deliver letters asking for campaign finance reform. The guy didn't split the friggin atom. I think you are blowing up the importance of this into levels it was never meant to go to :-P.

Old 04-16-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
What significance? He flew a hobby helicopter onto capitol grounds to deliver letters asking for campaign finance reform. The guy didn't split the friggin atom. I think you are blowing up the importance of this into levels it was never meant to go to :-P.
what have you done lately to stay true to your personal convictions?

So what? How many people do you know that would take a stand like this?

Not many, plus, the danger of doing so, .....he could have been shot down, surprised he wasn't....

tell you what, it is high time people start waking up and doing things like this to help wake this country up

Old 04-16-2015, 07:56 AM

37,798 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Elizabeth Warren is the only person even mentioned for President who strongly supports campaign reform and warns of the corruption that money in our political system has caused (though I suppose she, too, has her donors).
I guess they'll have to name her as a co-conspirator.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I certainly sympathize with his opinions and admire his resolution but was it worth a criminal record? Especially since those he wanted to give the letter to couldn't care less about what the average citizen thinks.
If I was on the jury I'd find him not guilty, though.
thank you, he also proved that we are NOT safer then we were before 911, like they claim us to be, that is now, how many breaches around the White House?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies