Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 07:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Eh, my own family lore had my g-grandmother being whisked away in the night from Northern Ireland with her Dutch fiancé. A much later census has her self-reporting that she arrived in 1855 as a seven-year-old. A letter outlining the family history has her arriving in 1848 with her parents, but I have yet to find any of them in the Castle Garden records. My paternal grandmother was full of stories that were clearly fabrications. I think if any of us were really to look closely at our own family's history, we'd find discrepancies between what is in the official record and what is generally held to be true. If you want to get your panties in a wad about Hillary this early in the game, why not focus on her career as Secretary of State? That's actually meaningful.
This by itself isn't meaningful but what it shows is she is still continuing her patterns of lies, lies, lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 07:59 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's nice but in this instance it wasn't the case.

Bascially, Hillary got caught up in what may have been a "senior moment" and the press was nice enough to characterize it as "mispeaking".
So Clinton's grandmother was born into an immigrant family very shortly after they arrived in Scranton from Wales. She may not have been born overseas, but I'm willing to grant that her experiences would have felt like those of an immigrant child, particularly if she had a few older siblings. Since we don't have access to the 1890 census, it's hard to tell where she fell in the family tree. This is not something about which I'm willing to make a fuss. There's plenty of fodder in Hillary's own political record to criticize. This is much ado about absolutely nothing.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This by itself isn't meaningful but what it shows is she is still continuing her patterns of lies, lies, lies.
I don't give a rat's ass about where her grandmother was actually born. Clinton's personal record as a politician leaves plenty of room for meaningful debate.

Last edited by randomparent; 04-17-2015 at 08:10 AM..

Old 04-17-2015, 08:10 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
I'm just disappointed, mainly because with this pattern, we'll never know the identity of Chelsea's real father.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
I don't give a rat's ass about where her grandmother was actually born. Clinton's personal record as a politician leaves plenty of room for meaningful debate.
I find this line of argument pretty repetitive. Seems to be the only defense her supporters can come up with to deflect this newest lie. As I said, it wasn't the lie, it is the continuing pattern of lies.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I find this line of argument pretty repetitive. Seems to be the only defense her supporters can come up with to deflect this newest lie. As I said, it wasn't the lie, it is the continuing pattern of lies.
Since when am I a Hillary supporter?

Old 04-17-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Since when am I a Hillary supporter?
Now. If not you wouldn't bother to try and derail the fact that she once again lied. If things she did as A.G. was the only argument the counter would be "that was in the past and she was only doing what she was told".

That isn't going to fly either because if she was told to lie the only way that works is to expose those who told her to lie and if she does that her campaign comes to a quick end.

Nothing she says can be believed and we should set the bar far higher than that for the office of president.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Now. If not you wouldn't bother to try and derail the fact that she once again lied.

No. I just have enough sense to know what deserves criticism, and this isn't it.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:

No. I just have enough sense to know what deserves criticism, and this isn't it.
Lying deserves criticism, especially where there is a long pattern of it. Let's hear it. "She shouldn't have lied about this".

Old 04-17-2015, 08:55 AM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Yes, but we learned back in 2008 that aging politicians can have forgetful moments. Hillary is getting fairly old and as such we have to ask if these were mental mistakes instead of lies.

Her age and mental accuity is completely fair game and were a major attack point against the McCain campaign in 2008.

If she keeps fumbling and stumbling her way through non-scripted discussions recalling this incorrectly and so forth. then it's going to become a big issue as the campaign wears on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies