Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 03:35 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Soooo if we want more permanent jobs....go big government?

Did you ever think people want stability, and reliability in their income?

But really...these "jobs" produce nothing useful. They're just competing noise. Its like "hooray we spent 3 billion moving dirt from one pile to another...then back again. How awesome rah rah rah!"

Really?
Our options are the rich can keep their money, maybe buy another yacht or plane. Perhaps a lavish vacation to Europe. Or they donate it to politics where it gets spent employing thousands of every day people.

If you think jobs are stable you are a few decades behind the times.

Between this election, the mid terms, state elections and local elections tons of work is available every year. This just happens to be the bigger 1.5 years out of 4. Almost all jobs have busy and slow times, this type of work is not any different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 03:39 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Our options are the rich can keep their money, maybe buy another yacht or plane. Perhaps a lavish vacation to Europe. Or they donate it to politics where it gets spent employing thousands of every day people.

If you think jobs are stable you are a few decades behind the times.

Between this election, the mid terms, state elections and local elections tons of work is available every year. This just happens to be the bigger 1.5 years out of 4. Almost all jobs have busy and slow times, this type of work is not any different.
I don't think jobs are stable. Thats my point you seem to have missed. People WANT that stability. They want to not be so desperately dependent on their employer.

You also missed how this sort of "job" contributes very little to society.

In fact, you seem to have missed the point of every darn thing I said.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:40 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,814,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
"King Hillary."

Man, you guys are starting real early with trying to completely turn off all female voters in America, aren't you?
Just the real ones...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
So this is the only place you haters whine? In real life, you don't go on and on with petty complaints about the people you disagree with politically?
No... but it's a great place to pull chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Hillary has a long record in government and politics and this is the best you can do? Pathetic.
She has a long record of being someone's wife and living off the public dime. Though there is a long record of her being active among the jet set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
"Why, at this point, does it matter?"
The liberals 2016 mantra, forget about tomorrow... we're here now

Old 04-16-2015, 03:45 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
I don't think jobs are stable. Thats my point you seem to have missed. People WANT that stability. They want to not be so desperately dependent on their employer.

You also missed how this sort of "job" contributes very little to society.

In fact, you seem to have missed the point of every darn thing I said.
People want 10 pounds of gold, but that isn't going to happen for most people.

What people want and what is the reality are two different things.

Most jobs don't contribute much to society. They provide a service or product that is actually not really needed.

Just be happy for the jobs and income that are provided. The meals that hit the tables at home because of our election process. You can feel free to spend your own money in ways that create stable jobs as you see fit. Maybe just give everyone a bunch of money for doing nothing so your employees are not dependent on you.

At this point you are making excuses to support your preconceived beliefs.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:46 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
And if she flew first class and had a servant carry her luggage, you'd slam her for being an elitist.
Not who you were talking to, but Hillary did have an issue with constant use of private jets. Over 200 privately chartered flights at tax payer expense while a US Senator for 8 years. Since not flying on the public dime she has flown on private jets of major corporations - including Wall Street owned jets.

She is CHANGING her pattern of flying on private jets owned by corporations so she can spout off BS about being like you and a champion of the middle class. Why do big corporations let her use their private jets if she is a regular jill?

Don't lap it up too much. "Wow she is no longer being flown around on luxury private jets by CitiBank and other Wall Street companies' wallets, she flies coach just like me - what a champion of the middle class!" If she wasn't the Democrat's best perceived chance, she would already have been exposed for what she is and it would beyond repair to be elected.

Hillary Clinton Faces Scrutiny for Use of Private Jets - Bloomberg Business

Old 04-16-2015, 03:51 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,220 times
Quote:
Yup, Im sure she personally drove that van. uh huh. Lock her up!

Oh wait...no I am pretty sure it was probably a member of her secret service detail. And I suspect he or she will be getting a lecture about it.

If this is the kind of ammo you're going to stoop to using against her, she's going to be our first woman president.

Focus on getting a good candidate to oppose her instead of this nonsense.
this^

Old 04-16-2015, 03:53 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,991,336 times
Quote:
Focus on getting a good candidate to oppose her instead of this nonsense.
That's not gonna happen.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:54 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Case in point, her contempt for the average person as demonstrated perfectly by this photo.

Hillary Clinton's van in HANDICAPPED spot - She walks right past an unmistakable blue parking sign to climb into the van

Completely oblivious or just doesn't give a damn?

I'm Here!!!!

hand her the $250-$500 ticket and be done with it.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:58 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,991,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Not who you were talking to, but Hillary did have an issue with constant use of private jets.
Yeah, so, like I said, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. I do know one thing, though, which is that if the Republicans think the key to this election will be to paint Clinton as an out-of-touch elitist, they've been drinking the Kool-aid. She's smart enough to ignore the haters and concentrate on connecting with normal people.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:00 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Yeah, so, like I said, she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. I do know one thing, though, which is that if the Republicans think the key to this election will be to paint Clinton as an out-of-touch elitist, they've been drinking the Kool-aid. She's smart enough to ignore the haters and concentrate on connecting with normal people.

the problem with what you just posted, is that billary has no idea of what a normal person is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies