Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 07:43 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Like the could read it if they got it.

56 attempts, and 11 million plus enrollees I feel really confident in saying that absent another whackadoodle decision by the Supreme Court, it's well past the time for Republicans to raise the white flag.

Along with the majority of the American People that were against it too I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 07:59 PM

428 posts, read 344,320 times
A super brilliant thing about the way this has worked out is for the cohort of people who have some means and private insurance.

. Private insurance went up in cost by quite a bit as the ACA rolled out
. A lot of plans flat disappeared
. The ACA plans aren't great but, and here's the brilliant part, they heavily favor older people (read: early retirees).
. If you can manipulate your taxable income, you can get super heavily discounted health insurance.

I know quite a few people who are getting a sweet deal on this, mostly Republicans. There's no way in the world that they'll give up nearly free health insurance without a fight.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
I never thought that Republicans were even in the battle. It was always clear that they were wasting their time.

I never once paid their rhetoric any mind.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:08 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,021 times
I am already fighting against Obamacare by not buying it.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:10 PM

428 posts, read 344,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I am already fighting against Obamacare by not buying it.
If that means you are not buying insurance at all (and are under 65), the medical world out there cares not at all if it pauperizes you. Actually, it's a bit of a speciality with that industry.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:14 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
If that means you are not buying insurance at all (and are under 65), the medical world out there cares not at all if it pauperizes you. Actually, it's a bit of a speciality with that industry.
So we rewarded them with a federal mandate that saw their profits skyrocket. Obama really knows how to stick it to the big corporations.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:15 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
I won't buy insurance when I am 65+ either so long as doing so is mandatory.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:16 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I never thought that Republicans were even in the battle. It was always clear that they were wasting their time.

I never once paid their rhetoric any mind.
Well all this does is hurt the little guy and create vast fortunes for corporations and Wall St CEO's, but the most important thing is you get to feel like you "beat" the Republicans. HIGH FIVE!!

Old 04-18-2015, 08:20 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Republicans Admit Defeat and Silently Surrender In Their War On Obamacare

I said it when It was signed it will be like social security/Medicaid, it was never ever getting repealed.
The one (and only) true thing I've ever heard Ted Cruz say is that if the ACA got up and running it would be too late to stop it because Americans would find out they liked it. He was right.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:21 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Well all this does is hurt the little guy and create vast fortunes for corporations and Wall St CEO's, but the most important thing is you get to feel like you "beat" the Republicans. HIGH FIVE!!
ACA was written by the insurance companies for the insurance companies.

Dems have been the party of Wall St since Clinton killed Glass-Steagall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies