Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2019, 01:32 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,228,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I think you've used the term the most in this thread. I only use it to give readers an idea of my skin color, because in the past, I was a called a Mexican even though I speak English with no discernable accent.
"Mexican" was just a nationality group that was caucasian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2019, 01:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
There was no notion of a "hispanic" minority group before they made that up. People had to be taught to use the term "hispanic"/"latino". No one ever heard of that! Social engineering made them into minorities.

Historically, no one distinguished them from other white people.
That’s a lie, and you oughta be embarrassed to tell it.

I’m not gonna bother to look for ‘em to post, but there were “No Dogs & No Mexicans” signs all over Texas. So don’t gimme that crap.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:40 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,902 times
Dark blacks cannot be white. Hispanics ARE white. In all seriousness, all groups are more white. Blacks are not white at all.

But really, "Hispanic" is used as a separate ethnicity than people originating in northern Europe.

Anyhow, why not finally do what is needed and classify all non blacks as whites?

Old 06-30-2019, 01:41 PM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
Quote:
"Mexican" was just a nationality group that was caucasian.
So why was it assumed that I was Mexican? What about me led to that conclusion, I wonder? "Go back home!" I know you cannot answer that question. I probably can. Maybe because I look like an Indian.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

I’m not gonna bother to look for ‘em to post, but there were “No Dogs & No Mexicans” signs all over Texas. So don’t gimme that crap.
These are the lies the "hispanic" group is telling today. They had to invent a victim narrative that never happened to them.

There is still an abundance of people living who grew up in Texas in the 40s/50s/60s. Mexicans were actually regarded as white - even if they had brown skin. They normally went to white schools and white public places. There were no racial barriers for them. Everybody white or black considered Mexicans white.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

And there were signs in other places that said "No Jews" as well as "No Irish Need Apply". What's your point?

Old 06-30-2019, 01:53 PM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
Quote:
These are the lies the "hispanic" group is telling today. They had to invent a victim narrative that never happened to them.

There is still an abundance of people living who grew up in Texas in the 40s/50s/60s. Mexicans were actually regarded as white - even if they had brown skin. They normally went to white schools and white public places. There were no racial barriers for them. Everybody white or black considered Mexicans white.
The nice thing about growing up in Texas in communities where people look like Indians (don't want to continue using the H-word) is that many of them adopted conservative values. I still have them till this day. It is actually one of the main reasons I mostly vote Republican for local and state elections.

So while we did go to White schools, you used that word so I will too, we were discriminated against, not by all, but by enough to feel the divide. It's where I learned to ignore how a person says something and instead to pay attention to what they are actually doing. This single lesson was the one reason I knew it was possible for Trump to win. None of my friends would believe it here in Florida.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:

I often wonder if people on this forum actually believe their own bs.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I often wonder if people on this forum actually believe their own bs.
This is something you should know if you're from Houston.

In Houston Mexicans sat on the front of the bus, they drank from the white water fountain, they went to white schools, etc.

Mexicans restaurants in Houston were white businesses that served whites only.

Old 06-30-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
So while we did go to White schools, you used that word so I will too, we were discriminated against, not by all, but by enough to feel the divide.
Minorities in Texas could NOT go to white schools. So, although you may have been called names every now and then, you were not a minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies