Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 10:39 PM

37,962 posts, read 17,939,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Threatening a constituent should be the end of him. If he had been a democrat, republicans would have been up in arms over this.
Can't see in the vid where it started handshake wise but I wonder about the "continued handshake with the pump". Why shake the "enemies" hand like that unless you are being passive aggressive?

Good to see the Congress critter explain the entire bill. It changes so much and people don't know that. And as a previous poster noted, he's for homeland security so automatically I wouldn't support him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 10:41 PM

37,962 posts, read 17,939,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Watch the handshake again and tell us what you don't see there either.
I agree with again?

Old 04-21-2015, 11:29 PM

30,390 posts, read 23,858,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I caught that also, he would not let go of him and the pat was more of an insult that anything else, I do not blame the guy for warning the idiot. As someone else said if that were a Dem Cons would all up in arms over it.
That is exactly what it was. You read that spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I agree with again?
It's been known to happen...I like it when people agree on something....anything, these days. But Casper read it very accurately. Anyone who can't see that is either living in a bubble or they themselves are the passive aggressive type.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:39 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,183,005 times
God being a politician would suck. This poor guy has to deal with idiots like this every day. Just think about how old that would get. I'm anti-amnesty myself, but these tools would make the pope curse. They're just as bad as loud mouth liberals that protest just to protest..................barf

also, that guy that stepped over the line with him needs his *** kicked. Like another poster said, a teddy Roosevelt type character would have knocked the pizz out of him for that type of disrespect.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:09 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,800,386 times
That anti amnesty dude does need his ass handed to him.

I could clearly see that the POS protester wouldn't let go of his hand and then aggressively slaps his shoulder.

That being stated if the congressman is pro amnesty I'd vote against him as well.

Put your hands on another man like that and you risk getting decked.

It was a set up though and the congressman fell right into it. Dumbass.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:26 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,545,201 times
Hey you put your azz out there for the press to take pictures of you and it should not come as a surprise getting sandbagged by idiots with agendas from time to time.

The camera can be either your friend or your worst nightmare; something every public figure should have learned during Face-time 101.

When out amongst the commoners , it's always a possibility you're going to get groped. Handle it with grace, restraint and dignity or play the John Wayne card and take the flack, your choice and voter's option later.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:44 AM

78,752 posts, read 60,951,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The article itself that was posted in here said the man touched the congressman's shoulder. Why avoid the part where it said that the congressman lied and was confronted about it? A politician using the word "ass" to address an American in public was not cool regardless. Funny how liberals will defend a Republican when they demonize other conservatives, isn't it?
Still not watching the video huh?

Again, all these posters throwing around words like "liberals" or "conservatives" etc. with obvious bias.

I don't care if the guy is a communist party candidate for New Hampshire, the guy that came up got physical with him and he had every right to be upset by it.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:45 AM

78,752 posts, read 60,951,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
That anti amnesty dude does need his ass handed to him.

I could clearly see that the POS protester wouldn't let go of his hand and then aggressively slaps his shoulder.

That being stated if the congressman is pro amnesty I'd vote against him as well.

Put your hands on another man like that and you risk getting decked.

It was a set up though and the congressman fell right into it. Dumbass.
^^^This.

Nice to see a poster that has thier political convictions but can look at a video and not let their brain reinterpret reality.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:39 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,855,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Freshman Republican Congressman Steve Knight (California) was challenged by an anti-amnesty group and held his ground. It appears to be a parsing of words issue, with the group accusing the Congressman of selling out and not voting "rightly" on an immigration bill.

I don't know if Steve is blowing smoke up their butts but he's smooth, handled it well, and held his ground. I expect he'll do well in politics and on the national stage.

California Rep. Steve Knight tells a protester, ‘I’ll drop your ass’ - The Washington Post
Stephen Knight is an Army veteran, and a longtime Los Angeles police officer.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:41 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,800,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
^^^This.

Nice to see a poster that has thier political convictions but can look at a video and not let their brain reinterpret reality.
My ability to call it like it is has always pissed off everyone on all sides of most issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies