Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 03:33 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times

Advertisements

A House Democrat is looking to revive a controversial bullet ban under the new leadership of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

In a letter first obtained by The Hill, Rep. Steve Israel (D-N.Y.) urges acting ATF Director Thomas Brandon to “act swiftly” to protect police officers from armor-piercing bullets.

http://thehill.com/regulation/admini...atf-bullet-ban

I wonder when will the democrats figure out that gun control is a losing issue? The ammo ban has been dead for only a handful of months before the democrats start to reanimate the dead body of this failed policy. The only thing that makes sense is the congressman has 10k rounds of green tip in the basement and wants to raise prices before selling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 03:35 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Red meat for his constituents

Old 04-22-2015, 03:35 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Yawn. More political idiocy. The guys probably getting a payoff from the ammo manufacturing group to help raise prices.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yawn. More political idiocy. The guys probably getting a payoff from the ammo manufacturing group to help raise prices.
The people making the nut on the increased prices are the middle men and ammo horders (I have a mild case of ammo hording, btw).

The manufacturers keep the prices pretty consistent.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:22 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Yea...even though M855 has never been used to pierce cop body armor, the "handgun" that it fits in is not hardly a "favored criminal weapon, they banned 7.62x 39 steel core 30 years ago, before body armor became standard LE equipment, but M855 has still been available, ....the 7.62x39 was only able to be "banned" using the import clauses in the original AWB anyway.

All this is being attempted using technicalities. Chipping away. They say, since green tip can be used in a handgun, that's why it needs to go. I'm also thinking, quite a few LE ARs, are loaded with Green tip, as well. Its good stuff. Medium weight and great accuracy for commercial mil spec ammo. I use it for punching paper at 200 yards, and it works well. 62-68 grain works best for my barrel twist.

Meh... this NY lefty just wants to be a "hero", protecting our LE folks. By accomplishing nothing.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Meh, this is just politics, it has no chance of even making it out of the House.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:56 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
I have often noticed that gun control is used as a distraction device by liberal democrats. Rod Blagojevich was a leader in trying to ban .50 caliber rifles such as the Barrett. I used to wonder why, since no Chicago area gangs or criminals ever used these rifles, which are generally very expensive and heavy.

Then when all of Blago's dirty dealings came to light I realized that the gun control had just been a distraction device for him.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I have often noticed that gun control is used as a distraction device by liberal democrats. Rod Blagojevich was a leader in trying to ban .50 caliber rifles such as the Barrett. I used to wonder why, since no Chicago area gangs or criminals ever used these rifles, which are generally very expensive and heavy.

Then when all of Blago's dirty dealings came to light I realized that the gun control had just been a distraction device for him.
Here in California our politicians push gun control to hide the fact they are running guns in from out of country, even including an rpg.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:06 PM

And BTW I've been thinking that if Hillary Clinton becomes prez in 2017, I bet she will mount some effort to pass gun control due to the ongoing Clinton-Obama feud. Obama passed his health care law, after Hillary tried and failed in the 1990's. However Obama tried and failed to get any gun control enacted, so Hillary will see that as her opportunity to get back (so to speak) at him. It sounds kind of childish and silly, but I believe that this is how they think.

Dems might take back the Senate in 2016, so she could push something through the Senate. Or she could use some of the imperial powers developed by Pres. Obama to impose a few things without going through the pesky and annoying US Congress.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Here in California our politicians push gun control to hide the fact they are running guns in from out of country, even including an rpg.
I guess you are talking about the Yee case. That's another good example along w/ Blago that I had forgotten about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies