Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 02:44 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why there is no media coverage of business owners protecting their businesses?

My insurance doesn't cover war or civil unrest, you can bet anyone attacking my business would face opposition! Especially if the police left me hung out with no help like the cowards in Baltimore and Ferguson.

I just don't understand the victim mindset.

I saw one segment on a bar owner who stood out front with an axe handle. An axe handle? Pleeeze.

What am I missing? Have we as a country abdicated to criminals? It would appear that way.

Last edited by jamies; 04-29-2015 at 03:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 03:13 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times
Guns aren't allowed in Baltimore.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:57 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
I don't understand why there is no media coverage of business owners protecting their businesses?

My insurance doesn't cover war or civil unrest, you can bet anyone attacking my business would face opposition! Especially if the police left me hung out with no help like the cowards in Baltimore and Ferguson.

I saw one segment on a bar owner who stood out front with an axe handle. An axe handle? Pleeeze.

What am I missing? Have we as a country abdicated to criminals? It would appear that way.
You're a bad business owner.

The overwhelming majority of BOPs cover riots/civil unrest. It's relatively standard in small business policies. If claims are denied appeals to the state have been known to side with the business owners.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:00 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,085 times
Quote:

I wouldn't like your chances... at all.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:08 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,019,847 times
Quote:
Have we as a country abdicated to criminals?
Why yes, it would appear so - at least in certain parts of cities across this country.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:17 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Are you being facetious? Of course guns are allowed.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:40 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Thanks! This answers why owners run and expect the police to be everywhere. Time these businesses rethink protecting what makes them money.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:45 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,925,236 times
Quote:

Yes...especially those who play the race card

Baltimore should have national guard snipers on the rooftops taking out the looters and violent protestors...

Old 04-29-2015, 06:56 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Are you being facetious? Of course guns are allowed.
Certainly they don't want people too......In practice, very few applicants are granted carry permits, and approval typically requires the applicant to provide proof of a clear and imminent threat on his or her life. Permits are not automatically renewed, and the permit-holder must justify the continued need for the permit when applying for renewal.
Gun laws in Maryland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dumb law!!!

Old 04-29-2015, 06:58 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:

Oh it's gonna happen, mark my words.

Mabey not in Baltimore, but one of these days these tantrum throwing rioters are going to pick the wrong store to loot and the owner will choose to defend himself and his livelihood.

Of course when it does, the owner will be vilified and possibly prosecuted.

Such is the state of our Union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies