Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 02:09 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,531,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Are you all seeing this?
Baltimore City is Being Destroyed as Shown on TV Now.........

Lol nice thread title, you should get a job with CNN

Old 04-26-2015, 02:23 PM

690 posts, read 1,009,863 times
If only these same 2000 people protest against our own black on black crime we inflict on ourselves instead of the civil officers who try to protect us by law. Its embarrassing and contradictory for the black community and makes the city look bad. Seems like we forgot what to really protest for like better schools, less crime, an end to poverty. These are the issues that should be fought for peacefully not on a pending investigation and rumors. Nothing gets solved by violence and vandalism which is something these dummies don't realize. Martin Luther King will be rolling in his grave at this nonsense.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:30 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,031,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernest Southernest C View Post
Seems like we forgot what to really protest for like better schools, less crime, an end to poverty.
How can they protest for better schools, when what they need is better students.
Are parents going to protest themselves

Old 04-26-2015, 02:39 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,702,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
The problem is that many can't accept that different peoples are actually different from one another.
Dear Heart, the law says they aren't different.

Being treated equally without regard to race means well.... being treated equally without regard to race.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:43 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,446,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
A rather sad thread to read, due to some of the responses.

I recall the early 1960s, and how black Americans could not enter some shops, had to drink from specific water fountains, etc.

Even with the Civil Rights Acts, there continued to be systematic discrimination against this class of Americans: based purely upon skin pigmentation and the perception by many whites that such people, due to their skin color, are little better than animals, if that.

As has been mentioned before, there is not a 'sudden rise' of police brutality against black Americans. The only thing that has changed is the influx of cell phones with video capacity, as well as some police departments mandating video cameras in the cars, etc.

The black community has long, longer than I have been alive, protested against the systemic police brutality against members of their community. Before these cameras, the police could always claim that the person was resisting arrest, etc. Those in the white community tended to believe them.

While I certainly condemn wanton destruction of property and putting lives in hazard, I wonder at some of the posters herein who attribute such behavior to 'animal like' behavior on the part of the black people.

Every year we witness such rioting and destruction by 'sports fans', often white, after their team wins a basketball championship game, baseball world series game, etc.

Recently we have witnessed the behavior of a lot of white people in Panama City, Florida, acting drunk and stupid towards 'wounded veterans', as well as rioting and roaming through the streets.

If some politician mentions raising taxes to pay off the horrendous national debt, we have posters come here on CD screaming about how the people should 'rise up' and overthrown the government, citing Thomas Jefferson and such.

Yet, if some black man is killed by the police by being shot in the back as he is running away, or has his spinal cord severed due to 'unknown' causes while in police custody, I read more herein about how the 'thug' deserved it.

I imagine that if I were black, I would at the least join in the peaceful protests. What the black Americans are protesting is valid, although the way some of the protestors act is deplorable.
could not agree more with you on this one!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The militarization of our police is the outcome of the Patriot Act and creation of DHS.

Money, arms and training flows freely from DHS to local LE's. And it's all about dealing with terrorists on US soil.

I've said this before that when stopped by a cop consider yourself guilty until you prove your innocence.

Some of the things that DHS has paid for/mandated:

VIPR checkpoints, military vehicles, combat fatigues, increased use of SWAT teams for routine police matters, license plate readers in cop cars, stingrays, urban shield exercises, surveillance cameras for use by local LE's.

And there's plenty more than that the DHS either funds or trains the local LE's for.

The very government entity you are looking to for a solution is the very entity that created our "National Police Force".

There's a fine line between enhanced safety and a police state.
funny I seem to remember a certain segment of our population happily defending the patriot act and even the ndaa, these are the same one's who stayed off you have done nothing wrong than why are you worried. These were also all the super freedom loving Americans who if you weren't for it than you were siding with terrorists!

Quote:
Yeah..we SAY that but when the numbers don't show that we have to "modify" the rules so that the results appear equal.

I'm still trying to understand how any test can be "racially biased" when people today have all had the same K-12 education.

Teacher certification tests, K-12 standardized tests, civil service tests are all tests created by the government. And yet lawsuits are brought against them for being "racially biased".
like the poster I quoted below me while education in this country should be and is supposed to be equal it really is not. It's more like the story a tale of two cities but obviously in more modern times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Who says everyone in the U.S. has had the same K-12 education. Some schools, especially inner-city schools are poorly funded and offer a horrible education. Students doing poorly at these schools, when they are lucky enough to transfer to a better school, like a charter school, suddenly start doing better. Was it the school or the student? Obviously the school.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:57 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,450,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Are you all seeing this?
I was there yesterday; truly interesting to see what happened there.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,928,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
If you play with fire then you might get burned...
Yes, we need to clean up the police force. In these cases, the dirty cops need to be punished too! But, why should we allow protesters to burn down cities, shoot cops, loot stores, etc.? All crimes need to be punished.
Agreed. The ugly truth is the REAL killer of Black dudes in 2015 are other Black dudes; NOT racist anglo whites, "Hispanics" or even dirty cops.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:28 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,663,959 times
Quote:
Honestly...are some of you trying to pin these riots on poorly funded K-12 schools ?
The source of these riots is years of police brutality in low-income inner-city Baltimore black neighborhoods, and most recently, the death of young man who had done nothing wrong having his back and neck literally broken to death by brutal cops.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:20 PM

22,675 posts, read 24,654,149 times
Seems like Stinkstream-media and lefty/commie websites are not giving these "protests" much coverage.....................HUM!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 04-26-2015, 05:25 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,254,842 times
Hood rats doing what they do best, wreck their own neighbourhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies