Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 08:12 PM

10,020 posts, read 8,638,610 times

Advertisements

At least nothing was torched...yet.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:16 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
The assessments/descriptions has become so transparent by those that believe Cop's ALWAYS do the right thing and those killed or hurt ALL deserved what they got..Why?..Because assumptions they didn't comply ( or obey FAST ENOUGH) thus ALL those thugs deserved it!...Kinda makes me smile tho..BLAME ALL protesters for the few who act out and destroy property...YET you assume when anyone calls out Cop bad behaviour that the WHOLE police Force is being blamed ( It's predictable/always ALL or none for some)...I guess there lies the differences...Just if one or more do horrible things..doesnt give anyone licence to BAME the WHOLE!!

Since I'm not local..so have no clue..but if destruction is covered like Ferguson, I would assume it will be covered inch by inch and never bother to cover the higher percentage of folks demonstrating PEACEFULLY!! Not such good headlines with those Peaceful folks I guess
No, you have it backwards. The issue here is that we (cops) need to ENFORCE laws! You do the crime, you do the time. Our society has become way too weak on crime and this is hurting our society. If the mayor of baltimore (or ferguson) made an announcement that any crimes would be arrested then that would help things. But, instead we have mayors, media, attorney generals, and Obama telling us that the criminals have rights. Thats only true until they break the law.... which is obviously what is happening in Baltimore and Ferguson.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:17 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,578,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
At least nothing was torched...yet.
That's only because it's raining in Baltimore now.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:18 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
No, you have it backwards. The issue here is that we (cops) need to ENFORCE laws! You do the crime, you do the time. Our society has become way too weak on crime and this is hurting our society. If the mayor of baltimore (or ferguson) made an announcement that any crimes would be arrested then that would help things. But, instead we have mayors, media, attorney generals, and Obama telling us that the criminals have rights. Thats only true until they break the law.... which is obviously what is happening in Baltimore and Ferguson.
You're totally right, criminals in custody should have their spines shattered...for justice! Cuz America!

And the thing is, is that it isn't viewed consistently. White conservatives will turn around and yell about the police state when somebody that looks like them is the victim. This is the exact thing conservatives should want to protest...the state's de facto right to murder citizens.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:18 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
What does anything that your wrote have to so with the riots going on right now? Are you actually justifying this behavior?
Absolutely NOT ..However, a snip on Youtube in an isolated scene does NOT indicate the greater crowd's of Peaceful protestors...Course media only seems to focus on those nasty law breaking BAD sorts.. I have a friend who lives there and actually get a local person give me the actual truth of just what happened and where tomorrow....Don't trust baiting type rhetorics one bit....

.People have been brutalized for so long..Is it a wonder the pent up angers leads to this lashing out? Just like you do not wish anyone to blame the whole force for a few bad cops..Just maybe stop blaming the whole ideology of protesting of oppressive police behaviours for decades as indicating they are ALL THUGGISH and deserve to be oppressed...

Did I actually say anywhere I agreed with destructive behaviours?? NOPE..But what I was pointing out..Media will focus on just those horrible things and ignore the majority who are Peaceful...However, Those being peaceful will be treated just like those behaving badly....Kinda fuel's the reason's for protesting, eh?

Old 04-25-2015, 08:25 PM

428 posts, read 344,403 times
Interesting. FIrst I've heard of it.

http://rt.com/usa/253069-baltimore-s...olice-protest/

Old 04-25-2015, 08:29 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,578,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
Interesting. FIrst I've heard of it.

http://rt.com/usa/253069-baltimore-s...olice-protest/

That happened in the day time; it got worse after sunset. The only thing preventing it fro escalating even further is the rain.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:30 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
You're totally right, criminals in custody should have their spines shattered...for justice! Cuz America!

And the thing is, is that it isn't viewed consistently. White conservatives will turn around and yell about the police state when somebody that looks like them is the victim. This is the exact thing conservatives should want to protest...the state's de facto right to murder citizens.
If you play with fire then you might get burned...
Yes, we need to clean up the police force. In these cases, the dirty cops need to be punished too! But, why should we allow protesters to burn down cities, shoot cops, loot stores, etc.? All crimes need to be punished.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:33 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Where did I do such a thing? Can you comprehend English?
OK, I apologize (pardon the pun) if you do not support the rioters in Baltimore. It seemed that was what you were doing by posting the Vancouver video. If you think that both groups were wrong, then you are consistent, and we do not disagree.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:33 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Are these local people rioting or " Professional Protestors " from out of town like we had here in Ferguson ?
It's the results of slavery that ended 150 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies