Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2015, 09:27 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,573,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Think it's bad now? Wait till Sharpton shows up....
I am surprised he has not showed up yet.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:30 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,626,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
The vandals are hitting Lexington Market! Now Light rail shut down, busses at a stand still....It's a mess.

The game is letting out. It's getting interesting.

Meanwhile CNN is covering the oh so important WH Correspondents Dinner, they're actually sitting around rating the jokes and who is funnier.

Kind of like Nero fiddling while Rome burned.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:33 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
The Baltimore Sun refers to the riots as "protests".

Latest updates from the Freddie Gray case in Baltimore

Another website used the term "unrest".

Yeah, lets do everything to not call this what it is.
You are right, I prefer the term used by Col. David Hackworth to describe the violence following the Rodney King vedicts, insurrection.

The spark for every black led "race riot since the 1960's (white sports fans excepted) has been sparked by what the black community perceived as unjustified violence against black people. So in fact these aren't race riots per se but insurrections against the police and the perception that they are nothing more than an occupying arm. Unfortunately there is a great deal of truth to that perception.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:33 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,447,417 times
Quote:
I am surprised he has not showed up yet.
I guess Al thinks they're already doing a BANG UP job without him......It's Sat. nite in NYC and he is more than likely partying with his steady arm candy. Maybe he will go down tomorrow morning after he attends church services...

Old 04-25-2015, 09:45 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
So, how should police conduct business in a high crime area? You make it sound easy? Wouldn't it be better to weed out the bad cops instead of going soft on crime?
You would think that weeding out those Bad ones would work..except those BAD ones are being backed 110% by Unions, fellow police officers ..ANY any Police Officer who makes statements against a BAD officer get ruined..harrassed and threatened...So you tell me how the Force mentality can be changed unless it;s from Top to bottom... Soft on crime is relative to just what crime ( flavour of the month crime) they are going after..is it running away..or driving with a light out in your car..or something else mondane...the "Broken Window Policy" that has been shown to be ineffectual... Petty Crime arrests that lead to the killing of that perp..just doesn't pass the smell test..
Arresting a non-armed, running while back person ending up with broken neck and 80% of Spinal Cord dissection due to tackle and takedown..doesn't translate as normal either...walking in a street..then having that teenager get rattled with bullets running away/unarmed...doesnt ring right at all...Sorry..harrassment of someone..intimidating making angry in order to use lethal force isn't law enforcement..It's set up..and kill in my minds eye!!

None of these highlighted cases involved anything like one would expect..like gangs shooting it out in a bank robbery or attacking a workplace by fired employee with AKA's or killing multiple innocence like the Colorado Movie theatre shooting.//How about that guy who killed two police officers walking out of work in their parking lot (PA)...ALL these murders seem to get arrested Alive..unless and of course they kill themselves..Point is Over kill against petty crime alleged..Mass murders..get arrested alive?? How Come??

Quote:
Outcry and demonstrations are fine - rioting is not.
Just maybe those being targeted..are just FED UP with this maltreatments...I don't condone destruction of property at all..But cops get away with that because they can...cause someone to bleed..then charge them for getting blood on their uniforms...SMH..Can't you see what' going on?? Guess not!!

Quote:
Yeah, maybe this is a good thing. Let them destroy the rest of the city and just bulldoze it like should be done with Detroit. I was tempted by those $10,000 houses in Detroit but I don't own a shotgun. I might make an offer if one came included along with an ample supply of ammunition.
Let's just see what damages actually happened instead of suggesting mass destructions at the hands of these bandits...Drama personified without actually knowing facts yet...Just more assumptions and exaggerations by those who refuse to see nor understand the WHY's behind the anger's and Frustrations..Peaceful is demanded..but after 0ver half century of Civil Right's legislations...Brutality continues...If you or anyone was on that side of the dispute...I rather doubt you would just lay down and take such abuses!

Quote:
Thanks. I might watch it for a bit but then I have other things to do. It might be entertaining. Kind of like watching wildlife on National Geographic.
Sure..catchup tomorrow, so you can continue on the same rant of overly accusative rhetoric....Maybe by watching National Geographic..you may get an idea of how nature works.. to deny, remove home turf..remove access to food resources..shoot the mother's of those cubs, bait and murder wildlife for fun ( not for food)..and so on..The list is endless..Blame those darn critters for entering my home turf..getting into my garbage,,HOW DARE THEY!! LOL..In truth..Humans are the interlopers..NOT THEM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Deal with the problem. Shoot, shovel, shut up. Good way to deal with useless vermin.
Yepper..Mentality like this has been repeated in abundance tonight!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Those who sympathize with these rioters and their uncivilized behavior should be locked in a room with them for an hour.
TY..I have over my years spent many an hour or shift with these folks..and you wouldn't believe??..THEY are normal..once you stop screaming at them..and listen to them...There truly is an ability to talk to folks without threatening and pointing a gun at them and threaten with arrest etc....Maybe walking a block..never mind a mile in their shoes..you might think twice about such harsh judgmental comments that flow so freely

Old 04-25-2015, 09:47 PM

428 posts, read 344,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
You are right, I prefer the term used by Col. David Hackworth to describe the violence following the Rodney King vedicts, insurrection.

The spark for every black led "race riot since the 1960's (white sports fans excepted) has been sparked by what the black community perceived as unjustified violence against black people. So in fact these aren't race riots per se but insurrections against the police and the perception that they are nothing more than an occupying arm. Unfortunately there is a great deal of truth to that perception.
That could be.

Maybe the best policy would be to institute modern counter insurgency practices rather than large scale policing.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:47 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,489,397 times
Normal people don't trash their own neighborhoods and threaten and attack innocent people.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:48 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,550,200 times
Quote:
That's only because it's raining in Baltimore now.
It's been dry as a bone and chilly all night here.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:49 PM

428 posts, read 344,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
It's been dry as a bone and chilly all night here.
Hey, a local.

Give up a report.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:54 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Normal people don't trash their own neighborhoods and threaten and attack innocent people.
Normal cops don't attack innocent people because they run away from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies