Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 07:56 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Ouch!!! A little defensive? Inferiority complex?

You might try reading the OP again. It's about the UK, not America.

And BTW, calling us "yanks" is quite offensive to millions of us.
There ya go; a post being critical of the UK in an insulting manner, elicits a scathing response from a European and it's the European being defensive with an inferiority complex?

Just reading through these threads on an American board about the current state of affairs of America would reveal more than enough direct parallel comparisons with whatever is happening in the U.K. from everything such as teens being thrown in jail for ambiguous posts on a gamer's site to Muslims demanding welfare provided EBT be of the approved variety for muslims.

"Yank" posters suggesting America needs to invade Europe to straighten it out again is of course in no way "offensive" to a whole continent of people? Cripes!

American unbridled arrogance..........the gift that keeps on giving.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Typical liberal rebuttal. You have nothing so you just insult. Like a child.
And yet more childish stupidity with the "liberal" being used as a pejorative. Name calling for most of us was left in the sandbox at kindergarten......however, your clan?

Don't you people even bother to step back and consider how infantile you appear to the majority?

The very last accusation you could possibly make that would have any semblance of relevance at all, is to accuse others of being childish.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:09 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
There ya go; a post being critical of the UK in an insulting manner, elicits a scathing response from a European and it's the European being defensive with an inferiority complex?

Just reading through these threads on an American board about the current state of affairs of America would reveal more than enough direct parallel comparisons with whatever is happening in the U.K. from everything such as teens being thrown in jail for ambiguous posts on a gamer's site to Muslims demanding welfare provided EBT be of the approved variety for muslims.

"Yank" posters suggesting America needs to invade Europe to straighten it out again is of course in no way "offensive" to a whole continent of people? Cripes!

American unbridled arrogance..........the gift that keeps on giving.
This thread isn't about America. Read the OP again. It's about the UK.

Do you have any comments that are on topic?

Old 04-29-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Obama and his fellow left wing dupes are doing all they can to tear up the one we have.
Oh master of forum protocols; would this one be on topic enough for you to elicit a response to it?

Old 04-29-2015, 09:35 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
Ouch!!! A little defensive? Inferiority complex?

You might try reading the OP again. It's about the UK, not America.

And BTW, calling us "yanks" is quite offensive to millions of us.
I had no idea that was offensive and I live here. I thought it was like calling British people Brits or Canadians Canucks. Is this a southern thing or something?

Last edited by Clintone; 04-29-2015 at 09:58 AM..

Old 04-29-2015, 12:24 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I had no idea that was offensive and I live here. I thought it was like calling British people Brits or Canadians Canucks. Is this a southern thing or something?
It's more like confusing Brits with English people, which is a frequent mistake that I hear.

Yes, it's a southern and western thing. "Yanks" when used by an American usually refers to somebody in the northeast and north central US.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:15 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
It's more like confusing Brits with English people, which is a frequent mistake that I hear.

Yes, it's a southern and western thing. "Yanks" when used by an American usually refers to somebody in the northeast and north central US.
Ah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies