Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 03:56 PM

39,494 posts, read 27,846,417 times

Advertisements

well, Kurt Vonnegut once said,

"The nicest veterans... the kindest and funniest ones, the ones who hated war the most, were the ones who'd really fought."

I wouldn't call her a hero, the word hero is overused. She is a responsible parent who disciplines her child though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 04:05 PM

31,358 posts, read 22,341,340 times
I'll take the flip side on this since everyone is saying hero. She could be hitting him up side the head since he was born for all anyone knows.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:31 PM

63,419 posts, read 29,448,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
I was waiting for this thread to pop up.

When you think about it though, isn't there a bit of a double standard? If you saw a video like this, without any riots surrounding it, where a mother was hitting her child (even if he's a teenager like this one clearly is), how many of you would cry child abuse?

I personally think she should be given a medal for trying to keep her kid in line. I think all black mothers need to be out there smacking the hell out of their kids who are participating in this.
Not only black mothers but the parent's of all kids that are pulling this stuff. Kudos to her. Far too many parents will try to protect their kids from justice when they are doing wrong. Respecting the law is something that all kids should be taught and the parents should set an example themselves. "Spare the rod, spoil the child".

Old 04-28-2015, 04:33 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,119,454 times
I am sure she would knock him out and pay the consequences to stop his joining those thugs .Besides which her son was assaulting police with rocks and she used force necessary to stop ;I see no legal problem at all. Juvenile should go to court for assaulting police officers; plain and simple.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:45 PM

63,419 posts, read 29,448,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I am sure she would knock him out and pay the consequences to stop his joining those thugs .Besides which her son was assaulting police with rocks and she used force necessary to stop ;I see no legal problem at all. Juvenile should go to court for assaulting police officers; plain and simple.
Reminds me of some thug kids who thru rocks at the Border Patrol and then their parents wailed when they got shot instead of admitting that what they did was wrong. Rocks can be a lethal weapon.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:55 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,169,422 times
I am being serious - do we know why the mom was hitting her kid? To dissuade him from rioting? Entirely possible. But does anyone know for sure?

Scenario 1: Mom: "I was mad at him because he called me the c-word, and told me to go home and make dinner!"

Scenario 2: Mom: "I decided to beat his ass when he told me he lost his iPhone 6S for the third time. I am not made of money."

Scenario 3: Mom: "i was mad at him because he was just videotaping me with his selfie-stick while I was duking it out with his girlfriend. Have y'all seen the video? It went viral, you know."

Seriously, are we just speculating on her motives or has she given interviews, etc.?

Mick

Old 04-28-2015, 04:57 PM

31,358 posts, read 22,341,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I am being serious - do we know why the mom was hitting her kid? To dissuade him from rioting? Entirely possible. But does anyone know for sure?

Scenario 1: Mom: "I was mad at him because he called me the c-word, and told me to go home and make dinner!"

Scenario 2: Mom: "I decided to beat his ass when he told me he lost his iPhone 6S for the third time. I am not made of money."

Scenario 3: Mom: "i was mad at him because he was just videotaping me with his selfie-stick while I was duking it out with his girlfriend. Have y'all seen the video? It went viral, you know."

Seriously, are we just speculating on her motives or has she given interviews, etc.?

Mick
Could be any one of those things. I think she's kind of hot now

Old 04-28-2015, 04:59 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,469,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
I was waiting for this thread to pop up.

When you think about it though, isn't there a bit of a double standard? If you saw a video like this, without any riots surrounding it, where a mother was hitting her child (even if he's a teenager like this one clearly is), how many of you would cry child abuse?

I personally think she should be given a medal for trying to keep her kid in line. I think all black mothers need to be out there smacking the hell out of their kids who are participating in this.

All "black mothers"? Really, you just could state "All Mothers"? Just had to bring in the race didn't you.

tsk, tsk, tsk.......and people wonder why race is still such an issue.......

I think this woman was doing what she had to do to get that boy's attention. Obviously it was a drastic measure however what he is involved with is a drastic situation.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:42 PM

18,482 posts, read 7,146,231 times
What's amazing to me is that what many people would consider good, old fashioned parenting is now something that's controversial.

Where and when I grew up, kids weren't so quick to misbehave because the whole neighborhood knew who you were, who your parents were and the parents not only knew each other but lived by an unspoken agreement that if another parent saw their kid misbehaving in the neighborhood, they were encouraged be a substitute boot in the ass for the parents and then drag the kid to his parent by his ear.

Now, everyone is so afraid of getting sued, they won't get involved.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:42 PM

11,403 posts, read 16,816,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by great discussion View Post
Check out the linked story about the mother who starts to punch her son for participating in the riots in Baltimore.

https://gma.yahoo.com/baltimore-mom-...opstories.html

Video shows Baltimore mom smack masked son over riots - CNN.com

While most of the comments on the ABC news site support her, it is only a matter of time before political correctness comes in strong and the mother is arrested for punching her son. It is only a matter of time before she is arrested!
The mother should get an award for watching out for her son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies