Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 09:03 PM

17 posts, read 15,609 times

Advertisements

I hear this and I think a few things
1. "blacks" (~1 billion)are equated with African Americans (75 million IN THE AMERICAS, not just the US), some of the wealthiest groups in this country (ie Nigerian) most well educated are black but not Afro American...isn't this a racist stereotype from 3% of black people worldwide (AA)s? Doesn't this also mean, if one group can succeed and another can't that RACE is not the issue here, but maybe 95% of the problem poor policing gerrymandering and the prudct of that 95%, 5% of the 'inner city gangsta culture?"

2. How communities should uphold themselves to not damage property or protect lives, hold themselves accountable, yet I cannot remember the last time any cop or judge has arrested the other, at that frequency (everything is relative. Shouldn't each community be consistently told to uphold standards? Personally I think the Military and police bureacracy is out of control. For a nation that hasn't left a full blown recession and is economically uncertain, I am unsure how a country with such a poor youth employment(underemployment) rate can continue to justify pensions/benefits for public officials (not just police) $120k+. These are civil servants, not our military serving abroad.

3. Doesn't explain statistical discrepancy of why Arab Indian Asian Hispanic officers aren't gunning down unarmed 12 year olds at the rate of their white counterparts.

4. Why does this have to focus around race instead of issues demographics facts on TV? Also anyone notice in Ferguson Baltimore Portland SF etc....many of the affected business (ie Mike Brown's store victim) were Asian (Arab Muslim Indian) immigrants? Aren't people who invest everything, their life savings from the third world, the ones missing out the most? Where is their story? I don't think I've seen any store's owner on TV ONCE.

Please be respectful. I believe people on all sides are 1) uninformed 2) incapable of indpendent research 3) Simply are not biased but do not understand each other's perspective.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:18 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,774,629 times
Quote:

I hear this and I think a few things
1. "blacks" (~1 billion)are equated
with African Americans (75 million IN THE AMERICAS, not just the US), some of
the wealthiest groups in this country (ie Nigerian) most well educated are black
but not Afro American...isn't this a racist stereotype from 3% of black people
worldwide (AA)s? Doesn't this also mean, if one group can succeed and another
can't that RACE is not the issue here, but maybe 95% of the problem poor
policing gerrymandering and the prudct of that 95%, 5% of the 'inner city
gangsta culture?"
African Americans are more, not less, successful than blacks worldwide. They benefit greatly from living in the United States. There isn't a black majority country on earth with a living standard anywhere near that enjoyed by American blacks.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:21 PM

17 posts, read 15,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
African Americans are more, not less, successful than blacks worldwide. They benefit greatly from living in the United States. There isn't a black majority country on earth with a living standard anywhere near that enjoyed by American blacks.
Except for the Nigerian immigrants I cited... Did you read what I wrote?

Old 04-29-2015, 09:26 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,774,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimgoindowndown View Post
Except for the Nigerian immigrants I cited... Did you read what I wrote?
Yes. Do you realize how small and unrepresentative a group that is?

Old 04-29-2015, 09:48 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,840,761 times
Quote:
I don't think that you define successful as being on welfare, free or really cheap housing and food stamps?

I'm sure that if the rest of the world supported their lazy and uneducated folks with food stamps, housing and a monthly check .. Those folks would be considered successful too!

Old 04-29-2015, 09:50 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,987,293 times
Quote:
Exactly. African Americans are wealthier, better educated, and have higher IQ's than their counterparts throughout the world. The same holds true for Latinos as well.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:54 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,028,832 times
This is a defense mechanism from white people who are constantly accused of being racists for saying that certain (dangerous, high-crime) neighborhoods are dangerous, etc.

The president, the NAACP, etc. succeeded in dividing this country. I don't ever remember so many decent black folks defending thugs in my lifetime. I also don't remember so many decent white folks having to defend themselves for simply existing.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:01 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,497,791 times
Young (16-24) males who are NOT employed and NOT in school commit x rate of crimes.

That is where the crime is.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:01 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,413,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
The president, the NAACP, etc. succeeded in dividing this country. I don't ever remember so many decent black folks defending thugs in my lifetime. I also don't remember so many decent white folks having to defend themselves for simply existing.
"Thug" = ******

Stop beating around the bush. "Credibility" in white America is established by chastising black people. ****** is unacceptable in modern society, so the word "thug" is used as a substitute. It's a vile form of racism.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:02 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,413,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Young (16-24) males who are NOT employed and NOT in school commit x rate of crimes.

That is where the crime is.
Bigotry doesn't care about facts or logic. Only black and brown youth commit crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies