Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 06:38 AM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times

Advertisements

And why are Dems lovers of authoritarianism, and of the police state and surveillance state that the left is fully aware results from progressive Big Government?

After all, Wall St. went 2-1 for Obama over McCain. Meanwhile, NYC public servants are utterly unconcerned about quality of life crimes:

_"The Council’s pee brains seek to set loose chaos on the streets"_
"...City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito is engineering a drive to decriminalize turnstile-jumping, public urination, riding a bicycle on the sidewalk, drinking in public and other low-level misdemeanors."
http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/e...icle-1.2192241

Imagine the money New Yorkers can save if turnstile jumping is no longer an arrestable offense. Let the middle class pick up the tab while the transit scofflaws buy more Chinese electronics and EBT picks up the slack on the food side.

And their EPA dawdles around (and goes after backyard grills and fireplaces and wood stoves) while auto manufacturers wake up whole neighborhoods to let them know when someone locks their car door.

And their schools?
_"No books, no clue at city’s worst school"_
http://nypost.com/2014/01/12/no-spac...st-elementary/

That's with a CITY income tax--on top of a NY state and federal income tax.

Last edited by mm4; 05-01-2015 at 07:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 06:42 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Why do Republicans make up ridiculous accusations about others and then ask silly questions about it?

Old 05-01-2015, 06:57 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Why do Republicans make up ridiculous accusations about others and then ask silly questions about it?
Nothing ridiculous about it.

It's always been amazing to me how the Left loves to rail against the police state in cases like Baltimore and Ferguson.

But the fact that it's the big government nanny state system that they endorse that creates these militarized forces and directs their actions goes right over the Left's head.

The left complains about minorities having no jobs in these areas but then supports Democratic politicians who want to lay down the red carpet for illegals who are taking the jobs.

Then they love to squawk about how any minority who votes Republican is going against their own interests. Lol

Old 05-01-2015, 07:01 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Nothing ridiculous about it.

It's always been amazing to me how the Left loves to rail against the police state in cases like Baltimore and Ferguson.

But the fact that it's the big government nanny state system that they endorse that creates these militarized forces and directs their actions goes right over the Left's head.

The left complains about minorities having no jobs in these areas but then supports Democratic politicians who want to lay down the red carpet for illegals who are taking the jobs.

Then they love to squawk about how any minority who votes Republican is going against their own interests. Lol
I know. The Democrats are such hypocrites on that issue

Old 05-01-2015, 07:16 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Well, everyone on both sides voted YES to Homeland Security, which is what spawned all this, but let me see ... whose idea was that? Who thinks a country awash in heavy arms is a swell idea? Who supports police who kill people because hey, he's a criminal and running away deserves the death penalty?

Pretty sure it's not Democrats, but maybe I need more caffeine to properly understand the rampant projection going on here.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:50 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
It's all about power...if the Dems can create a dependent poor class by importing millions of illegals to vote for them and then use that same group of illegals to take jobs and create more poor and unemployed, their power base will be secured.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Well, everyone on both sides voted YES to Homeland Security, which is what spawned all this, but let me see ... whose idea was that? Who thinks a country awash in heavy arms is a swell idea? Who supports police who kill people because hey, he's a criminal and running away deserves the death penalty?

Pretty sure it's not Democrats, but maybe I need more caffeine to properly understand the rampant projection going on here.
Dems in charge for 7 years.
Every piece of the Patriot Act that came up for expiration in the past 7 years got renewed.
Passed through the House, Senate and signed by Obama in a single day with not a single debate.

Patriot Act..signed in 2001.

This is 2015...14 years. 7 years under Repub President and 7 years under Dem President.
Not a single piece of the Patriot Act was allowed to expire.
DHS has only gotten stronger with more power and control over America.

Dems and Repubs....just different sides of the same dirty coin.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:16 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
"...City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito is engineering a drive to decriminalize turnstile-jumping, public urination, riding a bicycle on the sidewalk, drinking in public and other low-level misdemeanors."

I heard about this and thought HOW STUPID when it comes to all those ideas except riding a bike on the sidewalk.
The road is very dangerous even with the bike lanes. The drinking in public is also a silly law unless that person is drunk then that falls under a different law but if a guy wants to chill with a beer on his front stoop as the world goes by I say let him.
How many guys are now registered sex offenders for being caught peeing in public? How many actual sex offenders have used the "I had to go" defense? Personally I don't want to see anyone going the bathroom.
Jumping the turnstile who pays for that in the end? The taxpayers.

Another thing that I don't understand is how keen the Dems are on letting illegals come in, giving them jobs, drivers licenses and rights of citizens. This is going to destroy the families that rely on low skilled jobs to survive and will put more people into poverty and on welfare. How can this be good for America? The only thing it will be good for is secure more democrat votes.

Common sense is disappearing under the guise of political correctness and America is hurting.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:43 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

I heard about this and thought HOW STUPID when it comes to all those ideas except riding a bike on the sidewalk.
The road is very dangerous even with the bike lanes. The drinking in public is also a silly law unless that person is drunk then that falls under a different law but if a guy wants to chill with a beer on his front stoop as the world goes by I say let him.
How many guys are now registered sex offenders for being caught peeing in public? How many actual sex offenders have used the "I had to go" defense? Personally I don't want to see anyone going the bathroom.
Jumping the turnstile who pays for that in the end? The taxpayers.

Another thing that I don't understand is how keen the Dems are on letting illegals come in, giving them jobs, drivers licenses and rights of citizens. This is going to destroy the families that rely on low skilled jobs to survive and will put more people into poverty and on welfare. How can this be good for America? The only thing it will be good for is secure more democrat votes.

Common sense is disappearing under the guise of political correctness and America is hurting.
Liberals and ethnocentrics don't care about common sense or the American worker/taxpayer. Their agendas trumps all that. PC will be the downfall of this nation.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:53 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies