Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 07:37 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I respect and appreciate ALL cops. All I look at is the uniform because to me they represent the law that protects my family and me.
I respect and appreciate MOST cops. The vast majority of them do a good job, the problem is holding those who don't accountable before the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 07:38 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
Why would anyone want to be a Cop in a major Black US City ?

Too many risks, too much crime, very little rewards just to be thrown under the Bus just to appease a riot crowd.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:43 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,517,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klondikekat View Post
I never thought it was racially motivated
To be honest, I also never thought this was a racial issue. I would have bet that the ethnicity of the officers was exactly what it ended up being. It's about the helplessness that the people in the poor areas of the cities feel and their resentment towards cops.

Their resentment and anger is so misdirected it's beyond pathetic. They should be trashing 3M, GM, Ford and 100 other corporate headquarters for moving so many good jobs out of the country.

Why doesn't GM build their new Chevy Cruze factory near Baltimore instead of Mexico City? Are they a racist company? Do they think that these people cannot do the job? Why would they build their cars in China when they could build them right here? Do they hate black people so much that they would rather ship the cars overseas than just build them here?

Why isn't the anger aimed at the right sources?

The black people should tell our government to shove their welfare where the sun don't shine and step on these oursourcing companies.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:45 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,310 times
Quote:
Some of you people....you have no clue what life would be like for you if we didn't have these folks fighting a WAR on a daily basis against people that would come into your home, rape your wife, kill or take your children and take everything of value and then leave you in a pool of blood and not give it a second thought. Too many people live sheltered lives and have access to a computer.
I agree and feel little sympathy if any for Gray or his family, he had a long rap sheet and would not hesitate to kill or beat you for a few bucks.

25,840 posts, read 16,517,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I respect and appreciate MOST cops. The vast majority of them do a good job, the problem is holding those who don't accountable before the law.
I guess that's the chance a criminal takes, get arrested and you might get one of those guys.

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times
An inconvenient truth.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:46 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Why would anyone want to be a Cop in a major Black US City ?

Too many risks, too much crime, very little rewards just to be thrown under the Bus just to appease a riot crowd.
A lot of people don't want to be cops anymore. Applications for most large law enforcement agencies are at record lows. Qualified applicants are choosing other careers that pay better and don't carry the risks.

CITY POLICE WORK LOSING ITS APPEAL AND ITS VETERANS - NYTimes.com

It's sad how the media constantly attacks the police, but then stands behind them when the rioters get going.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:46 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times
Quote:
I guess that's the chance a criminal takes, get arrested and you might get one of those guys.
The chance you take is someone might get you on video and you might get arrested for murder, too.

Works both ways, thank God for cell phone video.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:47 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,514,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The same conservatives who mention that three cops are black are the same conservatives who think racism ended in 2008 when Pres. Obama was elected to the White House.
Conservatives do not believe that racism ended when Obama took office.

Conservatives believe that our nation's racial problems have become much worse now that we have a president who was elected largely because of his skin color, who attended a racist black church for 20 years immediately before taking office, and who was a lecturer in racial issues at university of Chicago law school. He immediately nominated the racist Eric Holder to be Attorney General, and at almost every turn has tried to use the race issue to divide and motivate his sycophantic, racist supporters.

No, there are no illusions among conservatives about racism having ended in this country.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:49 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,158,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The point (in case we need to explain it to you ) is that everyone was assuming this was a case of white cops beating the hell out of a black man. Now it comes out that half the accused are of the same race as Grey. That kinda takes away the racist part of the story, now it just becomes a matter of if they did something wrong period.

Don
For who? The point for me (in every cop thread I know of) has always been out of control cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies