Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 08:27 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Sharing this from the group that started #TheMovement. I've heard a lot about BlackLivesMatter recently, so thought I'd share something from the group who actually started it all. Different philosophies and leadership. Also different methods for solving the current problems even if somewhat interlinked. One is led by black males, BlackLivesMatter led by black females.

#TheMovement is a Multi-cultural, ethnic Movement. Everyone united.

Baltimore Comes as No Surprise

"In America, certain benefits come along with being born into the ‘right’ family, ‘right’ school district, or ‘right’ neighborhood. Privilege, is something that is blind, and varies as diversely as the population it represents. We are taught early on that life is fair, but as reality sets in as adults, we learn that it is often anything but. [MOD CUT/copyright violation]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-05-2015 at 03:32 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 12:57 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Racist leadership in Baltimore is trying to keep the black man down and oppressing the citizens there. If there were more black folks in positions of power the all white police wouldn't be so oppressive and rough.

Wait isn't this Baltimore's leadership?

So what gives? Who is oppressing and racist here?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-05-2015 at 03:28 PM.. Reason: Copyright violation

Old 05-05-2015, 01:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Odd....I was never taught that life is fair.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:24 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Interesting those two guys at Columbine decades ago went on the rampage because they thought they had peaked and would go no higher in society since the pressure was on to go to the right schools after Columbine and they thought they would not meet metrics. They were from a rather affluent family and the school was considered a quality one. So might as well go out in a big bloodfest.

My brother's kids feel the pressure now to ace every exam and so be able to secure a spot at better schools. Plus they have been constantly tested by the State for performance since early grade school. Pressure on kids today is intense. Sucks. Not just a lower class issue.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:32 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
"In America, certain benefits come along with being born into the ‘right’ family, ‘right’ school district, or ‘right’ neighborhood. Privilege, is something that is blind, and varies as diversely as the population it represents. We are taught early on that life is fair, but as reality sets in as adults, we learn that it is often anything but.[MOD CUT/copyright violation] "
BS, just more "it's another person's fault" whining.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-05-2015 at 03:32 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
My brother's kids feel the pressure now to ace every exam and so be able to secure a spot at better schools. Plus they have been constantly tested by the State for performance since early grade school. Pressure on kids today is intense. Sucks. Not just a lower class issue.
Every generation of kid believes they are under more pressure than those who have come before them.

Let's toss some of them in a time machine and send them to high school when there was a war and an actual draft which might send them to die in a foreign land in a year or two and we'll ask them how bad trying to ace the SAT's was.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:17 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Honestly, I never felt any pressure other than do not come home alive with less than an A. College was a given and so was a good job afterwards. Or even without college. I am from the 1980s HS.

I would hate to have a Vietnam or Korea type draft hanging over me. But then at 18 it might be considered fun for a while.

Last edited by Felix C; 05-05-2015 at 02:28 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 02:26 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
[quote=Gtownoe;39488504]Sharing this from the group that started #TheMovement. I've heard a lot about BlackLivesMatter recently, so thought I'd share something from the group who actually started it all. Different philosophies and leadership. Also different methods for solving the current problems even if somewhat interlinked. One is led by black males, BlackLivesMatter led by black females.

#TheMovement is a Multi-cultural, ethnic Movement. Everyone united.

Baltimore Comes as No Surprise

"In America, certain benefits come along with being born into the ‘right’ family, ‘right’ school district, or ‘right’ neighborhood. Privilege, is something that is blind, and varies as diversely as the population it represents. We are taught early on that life is fair, but as reality sets in as adults, we learn that it is often anything but. [MOD CUT/copyright violation] quote]

"with being born into the ‘right’ family, ‘right’ school district, or ‘right’ neighborhood.'

I find it ironic those "wrong" neighborhoods and school districts USED to be "good" neighborhoods and school districts.

What changed them?

Who runs them?

Who ruined them?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-05-2015 at 03:33 PM..

Old 05-05-2015, 02:53 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
However, issues affecting the poor, minorities and other underrepresented groups don’t often get the same air time. As a media outlet focused on news affecting all Americans, not just the wealthy, this has been an issue of growing concern.
Good grief, how much attention do you need? We've done nothing but talk in circles about this for the past year.

Here's the front page of the NY Times during the Ferguson fiasco;

http://ronunz.net/wp-content/uploads...4-20.15.21.png

Oh look, at least there's also an article about Gay people. Who make up what 4%, at most, of our population?

Remember "Race Together" from Starbucks?

How much time did we spend on the "Everybody in Indiana Hates Da Gays" Law? Thankfully they never get around to poling Black Baptist Churches on their stance about gay marriage, eh?

The media doesn't focus on minorities? Read the NY Times online for 6 months, you'll be tickled pink by there coverage.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-05-2015 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 05-05-2015, 02:59 PM

I haven't seen a single person attack Ben Carson, Condoleezza Rice, JC Watts, Allen West, Tim Scott, Gary Franks, Clarence Thomas, Allen Keyes or Herman Cain in this thread. Since they are relatively well know blacks in politics, I'd think that if attacks on "blacks keep on coming", we'd see at least one of their names appearing.

My picture was of the Democrats who run Baltimore, specifically in regards to the police department.

It's liberal policies that have been destroying such areas.

Of course we all know that you know, but you are trying to derail and hope to silence us by using the "you racists are targeting blacks" plan.

Sorry, but it's not going to work.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-05-2015 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies