Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 12:14 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
I have no problem not making union membership voluntary. If we do so should those that do not join be denied the raises and benefits the union negotiates?
The unions should negotiate just for their members, and it should be up to employers to decide how they compensate their employees.

Additionally, there should not be any government employee unions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 01:52 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,537,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The unions should negotiate just for their members, and it should be up to employers to decide how they compensate their employees.

Additionally, there should not be any government employee unions.
why negotiate?? take what they can!!! who gives a ****.. atleat thats how they do it in Washington, RIGHT????

they are elected official but they get to make their own pension plan, lets start with them first. After all we pay for theirs unlike the private sector.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:04 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
why negotiate?? take what they can!!! who gives a ****.. atleat thats how they do it in Washington, RIGHT????

they are elected official but they get to make their own pension plan, lets start with them first. After all we pay for theirs unlike the private sector.
I was referring to unions that were in the private sector.

As I said, there should be no public employee unions.

Sorry if I didn't clarify properly.

Old 05-05-2015, 02:16 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Many people, who are retired, currently receive "guaranteed" pension benefits under the Pension law https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/pension .

However, we have a couple presidential candidates who would like to abolish unions and the Pension law.

Scott Walker Says He Would Crush What’s Left Of Unions If Elected President

Christie set to argue his pension law is unconstitutional

How far do you right wing voters want to take this right wing agenda?

First they came for the the entitlement programs, and I did not speak out—........
Gee, ANOTHER anti Walker post by you. Surprise, surprise!

I did noticed you did NOT respond at all when a short while ago there was a post on Wisconsin's AND Walker winning a court battle.

Your silence says volumes.

You hate walker. We get it!

Old 05-05-2015, 05:09 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Many people, who are retired, currently receive "guaranteed" pension benefits under the Pension law https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/pension .

However, we have a couple presidential candidates who would like to abolish unions and the Pension law.

Scott Walker Says He Would Crush What’s Left Of Unions If Elected President

Christie set to argue his pension law is unconstitutional

How far do you right wing voters want to take this right wing agenda?

First they came for the the entitlement programs, and I did not speak out—........
Your slippery slope theory would otherwise be known as a fringe conspiracy theory if proposed by a conservative.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:49 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
ROFLMAO!!! Are you sure it's the right-wing agenda that wants to redistribute wealth down?
No, it is the right-wing agenda to redistribute wealth up!

Old 05-05-2015, 06:20 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Thank goodness you've finally seen the light.

You're right. People need to fight for their own wages and benefits. They need to stop believing they are entitled to such things while expecting the government and union pimps to provide them.

It's nice to witness your enlightenment.

BTW, you accidentally quoted me instead of the OP, but we all make mistakes.

I'm just glad we are on the same page.
Yep. Glad you see the light. We need to stop pimping and allowing the government to provide for businesses and companies. Economic Development Tax Credits to Grow Your Business in Wisconsin

Especially those companies under the guise of "job creation." UPDATE: Eaton outsourcing WI jobs to Mexico again, despite getti - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports

Old 05-05-2015, 06:56 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I read both articles and neither advocates abolishing unions or changing pension laws.

Where did you see that ? Please quote their statements about "abolishing unions".
I expect you will be waiting a long time for a response from OP on this.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:07 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Scott Walker Says He Would Crush What

This is typical headline fraud from the left. Walker never said that he would "crush what's left of unions." Those words are simply made up by the ThinkProgress writer. Poor form to stuff words into others' mouths.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:36 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Republicans find it amusing to watch old poor people suffer. Take away their pensions Medicare Medicaid and social security! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies