Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:30 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times

Advertisements

Ben Carson

If he is serious, they will do to him, what they did to Herman Cain.....
They will smear him, and that is how you can tell, he will not be owned by the corporations....

Do you like what he has to say?

Old 05-06-2015, 08:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
No. I don't like what he has to say. He may be a very intelligent man. But his words amply demonstrate a world of ignorance. Each of us has our areas of expertise, and our areas of ignorance. Carson's expertise in the surgical suite is very impressive. But his comments on our society are not impressive. And our political leaders have to be experts in the social sphere, not in the medical sphere.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:44 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No. I don't like what he has to say. He may be a very intelligent man. But his words amply demonstrate a world of ignorance. Each of us has our areas of expertise, and our areas of ignorance. Carson's expertise in the surgical suite is very impressive. But his comments on our society are not impressive. And our political leaders have to be experts in the social sphere, not in the medical sphere.
His lack of experience in certain areas will be made up with his wisdom and intelligence to surround himself with the right people if he becomes president.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:44 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,157,604 times
Wasn't he involved in a research scandal - something to do with forging results related to 'proving' that there's a link between autism and vaccines? I was surprised to hear he's running - I thought he'd been totally discredited in the medical community. But I need to read more about it (I wasn't planning to, but since he's now a political figure, I want to know the truth).

Old 05-06-2015, 08:45 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,432 times
Quote:
That is just about what was said about Obama in 2008 and those people were called racists.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Like what, what comments on society, what did you hear him say that makes you feel this way, and I'd seriously like to hear...

Old 05-06-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
His lack of experience in certain areas will be made up with his wisdom and intelligence to surround himself with the right people if he becomes president.
Hopefully you are right....
but I'm still learning about him.....
Obama sold me completely in his first term, now, I'm so sorry I voted for him.
He is literally one of the worst Presidents....

and that is what scares me.....most

Old 05-06-2015, 08:51 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Like what, what comments on society, what did you hear him say that makes you feel this way, and I'd seriously like to hear...
Carson thinks Gay is a choice. It's everyone's new favorite way to discount an opponent. Carson may have some incredible ideas about foreign policy (or not), education reform, finance, etc. But...since he's not for the Gays?

Doom.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallouise View Post
Wasn't he involved in a research scandal - something to do with forging results related to 'proving' that there's a link between autism and vaccines? I was surprised to hear he's running - I thought he'd been totally discredited in the medical community. But I need to read more about it (I wasn't planning to, but since he's now a political figure, I want to know the truth).

Scandal? Whose to say he wasn't right? I mean you have so many variants of opinions, and research so they say, but whose to say he is right or wrong? I know when I was a kid, you didn't hear about autism...not until I was in my late teens early 20's. And maybe that is one of the reasons why he is running.....

Old 05-06-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Carson thinks Gay is a choice. It's everyone's new favorite way to discount an opponent. Carson may have some incredible ideas about foreign policy (or not), education reform, finance, etc. But...since he's not for the Gays?

Doom.
well of course, that is human, your not going to agree with everything he believes in? do you believe in everything your mother believes in, or your father or your spouse....

I believe Gay is a choice, but I also believe there are some, and I say some, who were born with more of the opposite sex...so what, does that say I wouldn't be able to run a country?

you are not going to win 100% and after what we've had, so far, he sounds promising....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies