Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 02:12 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I asked you to factually dispute anything I said, and you came up with this
I have no idea what you mean by them "having to beg for help", because I could go into a county ER or clinic within the next 10 minutes and receive medical help.
Furthermore, unlike your belief of an ER only treating and streeting people, patients are admitted to the hospital if definitive care is called for.
Indigent people with major medical issues have always been in hospital beds receiving treatment for cancer, diabetes, etc. if they sought help.
A perfect example of this in S FL is Jackson Health Systems which give excellent care, whether you have insurance or not;

Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, FL - US News Best Hospitals

Sure you wont get a private room and choice of doctor if you are uninsured, but you still receive top quality care at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
There are a constant stream of ambulances bringing in indigent women giving birth with no insurance and no intention of ever paying. They themselves were born there, as was their mother, and so on. It is a constant circle of dependent people, yet they never pay a dime. The same is true of the gun & knife club that receives top trauma care, with no insurance, job, or ability to pay.

The bottom line is that the false narrative of people not being able to receive medical care for lack of insurance, is a political tool used by the liberals to try and get government run health care in this country.
They want a perpetuate this myth to create a cradle to grave system to make people totally dependent on government for their very existence.

Oh, and PS, yes I have always had health insurance because I have worked since I was 17 years old. Prior to that I was covered by my parents insurance because again, they worked for a living, as we are all suppose to in theory.

`
I realize that you have no idea. That is your problem. Without understanding the issues, you can not adequately discuss them.

I don't live in Miami, nor the state either. Evidently SC doesn't offer the same deal else the person with the vision/diabetic problem wouldn't be begging for money to pay for the future medical care that he needs. And I'd bet that most states are very much like SC in that regard.

I'm not sure that you'd find any ER that would diagnose cancer, then provide on-going care for it for you for the next year or so. Probably some exceptions around but rare. They'd just refer you to see your GP, send you on your way (along with their bill).

Of course you could go to ER in the next 10 min if necessary. Be prepared to pay though (insurance?). Failure to pay medical bills is one of the primary reasons for bankruptcies in this country (or didn't you know that?). In short, if you don't pay you could lose everything you have.

Last edited by Weichert; 05-15-2015 at 02:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 03:06 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Wait a second, wasn't Obamacare just an amalgamation of a few Republican and conservative ideas created to be the response for universal healthcare? Now Republicans are planning Obamacare on steroids but removing the interstate barrier which can allow for coverage gaps? What do they think the voters are stupid?

wait, there are stupid voters out there...

Also why would conservatives be in favor of this as oppose to Obamacare?

Old 05-15-2015, 04:46 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Wait a second, wasn't Obamacare just an amalgamation of a few Republican and conservative ideas created to be the response for universal healthcare? Now Republicans are planning Obamacare on steroids but removing the interstate barrier which can allow for coverage gaps? What do they think the voters are stupid?

wait, there are stupid voters out there...

Also why would conservatives be in favor of this as oppose to Obamacare?
I would suspect that allowing companies to bring more people into a pool by offering different levels of insurance by dropping the state barriers would create competition and therefor lower prices. It really is a proven and very basic concept of economics really. Where did you go to school? Kenya?

The lack of a basic understanding in economics these days is astounding.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:53 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
I had to write a refund check today to an "Obamacare" company who was mandated to provide coverage because the patient signed up. The patient never paid for the coverage but BCBS paid. We had to send a check for over $750.00 dollars. I am guessing the address we have on file will result in returned mail. This concept is a have for scammers.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I would suspect that allowing companies to bring more people into a pool by offering different levels of insurance by dropping the state barriers would create competition and therefor lower prices. It really is a proven and very basic concept of economics really. Where did you go to school? Kenya?

It could, the other side of the issue of going across state lines is that this can cause insurers to seek the Delawares and go for The most lenient laws. Is the cost worth more insurer favored protection?

Old 05-15-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I had to write a refund check today to an "Obamacare" company who was mandated to provide coverage because the patient signed up. The patient never paid for the coverage but BCBS paid. We had to send a check for over $750.00 dollars. I am guessing the address we have on file will result in returned mail. This concept is a have for scammers.
And insurance wasn't before? People can scan whether it is pubic or private. I changed my cell phone once because of how many delinquent calls I got for the previous owner of my number and I am not on Obamaphone.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:05 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And insurance wasn't before? People can scan whether it is pubic or private. I changed my cell phone once because of how many delinquent calls I got for the previous owner of my number and I am not on Obamaphone.
Not true. With traditional insurance we could call and verify coverage. With "obamacare" plans they can only tell you if the patient is enrolled. The "obamacare" insurers were mandated to pay for the first 60 days after enrollment even if no payment was received.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Ummm, I'm thinking of a couple of cases I read about even this week. One guy in SC going blind because of thinking he could live like the good old days without health insurance,
I stopped here because if you think that has changed, you arent educated enough on the issue to even continue reading.

34 million still going without, and never projected to fall below 30 million uninsured

Old 05-15-2015, 05:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I personally helped a friend pack to move in with her parents because she was uninsurable (pre-existing condition, natch) and had to choose between maintenance medication and rent. Don't tell me the pre-ACA system was "in need of a few tweaks." It sucked.
Many have to make that choice every day, even now..

Old 05-15-2015, 05:14 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post

hold on...I don't know what Fox told you but the simple truth is that Insurance companies currently have the right to become licensed in as many states as they want to offer insurance in; all 50 if they want. There is NOTHING preventing them from doing so and competing with other insurers. What they want to do is be able to pick the state that has the least consumer protections and sell insurance all over the US and be bound only by the laws of that state. Are you such an ideologue that you can't admit there is a problem with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies