Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 05:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,433,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Many have to make that choice every day, even now..
Let's be honest here. The deductibles for people with pre-existing conditions is so high, it can be considered to be catastrophic coverage only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 05:15 PM

42,876 posts, read 26,428,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Many have to make that choice every day, even now..
nonsense

Old 05-15-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Let's be honest here. The deductibles for people with pre-existing conditions is so high, it can be considered to be catastrophic coverage only.
You aren't rated for pre-existing conditions when you buy insurance under the ACA.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You aren't rated for pre-existing conditions when you buy insurance under the ACA.
I didn't mean to imply you were. What I meant is that most people don't have $10000 to cover the deductible so they are not going to seek routine healthcare.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I had to write a refund check today to an "Obamacare" company who was mandated to provide coverage because the patient signed up. The patient never paid for the coverage but BCBS paid. We had to send a check for over $750.00 dollars. I am guessing the address we have on file will result in returned mail. This concept is a have for scammers.
what was the scam? I'm not following this. I have heard people who never got coverage because there was a problem with their payment method, maybe you should find out why BCBS provided coverage before they received payment

Old 05-15-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
what was the scam? I'm not following this. I have heard people who never got coverage because there was a problem with their payment method, maybe you should find out why BCBS provided coverage before they received payment
The scam is that people were told that the government would not verify income and that everyone should go ahead and sign up. Many people signed up who didn't qualify for subsidies and knew they wouldn't. They took advantage of the 60 day insurance must pay window to get healthcare.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:23 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,975,967 times
Quote:
hold on...I don't know what Fox told you but the simple truth is that Insurance companies currently have the right to become licensed in as many states as they want to offer insurance in; all 50 if they want. There is NOTHING preventing them from doing so and competing with other insurers. What they want to do is be able to pick the state that has the least consumer protections and sell insurance all over the US and be bound only by the laws of that state. Are you such an ideologue that you can't admit there is a problem with that?
Yeah they create Blue Cross of insert state here for every individual state they want to operate in. The problem is they want to incorporate in the Delaware for insurers and be allowed to sell it to the nation. If they want to drop you got a pre-existing condition because that state allows it, **** you, pay me. If they change your coverage, **** you, pay me.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,236,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Wait a second, wasn't Obamacare just an amalgamation of a few Republican and conservative ideas created to be the response for universal healthcare? Now Republicans are planning Obamacare on steroids but removing the interstate barrier which can allow for coverage gaps? What do they think the voters are stupid?

wait, there are stupid voters out there...

Also why would conservatives be in favor of this as oppose to Obamacare?
The minute they remove the interstate barriers, they open up the gate to a national healthcare system run by the federal government. Good or bad, its legally what'll happen.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,236,183 times
Quote:
hold on...I don't know what Fox told you but the simple truth is that Insurance companies currently have the right to become licensed in as many states as they want to offer insurance in; all 50 if they want. There is NOTHING preventing them from doing so and competing with other insurers. What they want to do is be able to pick the state that has the least consumer protections and sell insurance all over the US and be bound only by the laws of that state. Are you such an ideologue that you can't admit there is a problem with that?
ACA is federal, with national standards, there wouldnt be any "least" consumer protection

Old 05-15-2015, 05:25 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,804,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And insurance wasn't before? People can scan whether it is pubic or private. I changed my cell phone once because of how many delinquent calls I got for the previous owner of my number and I am not on Obamaphone.
Yea, you're right. The producers will always have to pay for the scammers and low life's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies