Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 09:41 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Show me some proof that the media is handling either one with kid gloves.

Since Fiorina just announced, she is only getting the scrutiny all newly announced candidates get. You haven't noticed Bernie Sanders is getting it too. The same scrutiny will happen with everyone else who announces. It's all over in a week every time.
lol, the media is groveling at Hillary's feet practically begging. Please, please Hillary, answer just this one question.... pretty pleeaase. Got to love her mixing with the hand picked people too, a scripted show for the naive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 10:42 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Firorina was CEO of 3 companies and managed to fail upwards every time. As happy as I am on principle to see the glass ceiling shattered, if the CEO departing has the workers literally dancing and the stock jumping 7%, said CEO has failed on several counts. If she'd been the female version of Elon Musk, we'd be having a very different conversation.
We would be having a different conversation if we were talking about the current Hewlett-Packard's current CEO, Meg Whitman. Meg has largely turned around Fiorina's debacle.

So has Yahoo's current CEO, Marissa Meyer, who has made Yahoo profitable for the first time in over a decade.

There are lots of very capable women in business who are better than Fiorina ever was, and some of them would make much better Republican candidates as well.

Fiorina is nothing but an egomaniac who got in over her head and refuses to admit it. She rose and fell in the business world at a time when it was hard for any CEO to fall as fast or as hard as she did. Her leadership was a spectacular disaster.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, the media is groveling at Hillary's feet practically begging. Please, please Hillary, answer just this one question.... pretty pleeaase. Got to love her mixing with the hand picked people too, a scripted show for the naive.
You mean the Liberal media, why is it you ignore what the Conservative media says and does, after all that is your source, correct? Scripted you mean the same thing that Cons candidates do all the time, do you have a double standard for the other guys or don't you know that your guys do the same, meaning being naïve?

Old 05-16-2015, 11:15 AM

129 posts, read 150,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Why is she getting harsh treatment while Hillary is being handled with kid gloves? It's ironic how the media makes it self out to be in favor of gender equality while being sexist towards Fiorina.
Honestly, this kind of media behavior surprises you?

Carly has no chance. Her tenures at AT&T and HP were considered failures, and I say that as someone who likes what she is saying. I'd rather she stayed in California and ran for Senate again now that that harridan Boxer is retiring.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxan View Post
Honestly, this kind of media behavior surprises you?

Carly has no chance. Her tenures at AT&T and HP were considered failures, and I say that as someone who likes what she is saying. I'd rather she stayed in California and ran for Senate again now that that harridan Boxer is retiring.
They rejected her there also, does not look like she will be doing much of anything on the political front anywhere, sooner or later she might actually get that fact.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:38 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,461,717 times
I know Carly Fiona since her days as top executive at Lucent and HP.
(Unrelated to her political affiliation) there aren't many women that deserve the B word more than her. She is a classic specimen. But I disagree with the assessment about her success in business. The results were mixed, no worse than other CEO. It's her personality I am referring to.
But why thr talk about her now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies