Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 08:59 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

Why?

Question: did any of you lose anything in Ramadi (except dead soldiers and wasted tax dollars) that you want our military to go over there and retrieve? Because I can't think of anything at the moment.

If Iraq's Ramadi falls, U.S. will help Baghdad take it back later: Pentagon
If Iraq's Ramadi falls, U.S. will help Baghdad take it back later: Pentagon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 09:06 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
The reports I heard this AM had the Iraqi Army fleeing the fight, we owe them nothing.

If we haven't yet learned the sheer folly of attempting to fight others' battles when they won't fight for themselves we deserve a special Nobel Prize for Insanity.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:19 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,579,950 times
Ramadi is home to the largest Sunni tribe in Iraq, which had previously opposed Shiite rule in Baghdad. It's hard to say that it's actually fallen to an insurgency when it's been home to the insurgents all along.

"But Sunni tribes in the Ramadi region eager to fight Daesh also complained that they have never received promised government weapons and that the government seems to be afraid to arm them."

Old 05-18-2015, 09:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Aside from genocide I cannot think of a way of stopping these mobsters. Our decapitation policy is at best a stopgap as ISIS is not a hierarchal organization. Chopping off the heads of this gang only creates more heads that become ever more barbaric. The real solution is to simply kill all of them.

I do not think anything significant will be done by the Arab nations until the Saudi Royal Family and/or the oil billionaires in the Emirates are attacked. Then the Arab armies will suddenly develop a backbone and the slaughter will change targets.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:22 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,880,620 times
Here's a thought, let that country take care of its own.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Ramadi is home to the largest Sunni tribe in Iraq, which had previously opposed Shiite rule in Baghdad. It's hard to say that it's actually fallen to an insurgency when it's been home to the insurgents all along.

"But Sunni tribes in the Ramadi region eager to fight Daesh also complained that they have never received promised government weapons and that the government seems to be afraid to arm them."
Yeah...I was thinking the same thing: isn't that a Sunni hotbed anyway? So what's the big deal?

Old 05-18-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Aside from genocide I cannot think of a way of stopping these mobsters. Our decapitation policy is at best a stopgap as ISIS is not a hierarchal organization. Chopping off the heads of this gang only creates more heads that become ever more barbaric. The real solution is to simply kill all of them.

I do not think anything significant will be done by the Arab nations until the Saudi Royal Family and/or the oil billionaires in the Emirates are attacked. Then the Arab armies will suddenly develop a backbone and the slaughter will change targets.
Hell, I don't even know who these "heads" are!

Seems to me that ISIS can easily melt back into the population should we go over there and try to put a stop to their activities.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:31 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,000,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

I concur with you on this ^^^...

Old 05-18-2015, 09:33 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post

I don't know where that quote came from but once again a larger Iraqi force ran from ISIS, they left behind armored vehicles and other military ordinance. They are not worth the investment because they either don't have the courage or conviction to defend their city.

I always wondered why the "mother of all wars" was over in a week, now I know.

So if the US got involved in Ramadi then what. Where the heck is Turkey, they promised support months ago and where is Jordan other than their fly over for show.

What does it take for these people to get angry.

Old 05-18-2015, 09:34 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,018,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hell, I don't even know who these "heads" are!

Seems to me that ISIS can easily melt back into the population should we go over there and try to put a stop to their activities.
This. They *want* to pull the US in to a ground war, fighting an enemy we don't know and can't see, whom pops up and attacks not only in Iraq but other areas throughout the ME. Do you think they really go and behead people on camera for the sheer thrill or to get their message out? No...it's to enrage and inspire a response, these people aren't stupid.

A lot of folks here need to read up on the basics of guerilla warfare before commenting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies