Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 07:25 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Only US republicans and Fox news say global warming is not a threat (because combating global warming decreases corporate profits.)
You forgot the conservative non-Republicans like myself.

But, at least I'm consistent.

I'm guessing President Obama's, and a vast number of rich and powerful liberals, hypocrisy doesn't bother you a single bit. I'd say that is true because on a lot of issues liberals are just all talk. They want to puff out their chests and talk about how they support the coolest cause while not really doing a dang thing about it.

Liberal concerned with climate change, "Yes, climate change is extremely important and I take it very serious. As long as I don't have to change my lifestyle or criticize all the hypocrites I support, I plan to work hard to talk about climate change and make sure it stays relevant."

Old 05-21-2015, 07:27 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
The UK says the same thing.

So does Italy, France, Switzerland, ex.ex.
Shocking! Governments all over the world wanting to increase their power and control over the people. "This has never happened before now" says ....NOBODY.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:29 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
T
Only US republicans and Fox news say global warming is not a threat (because combating global warming decreases corporate profits.)
Wrong on both counts. Australia has seen the AGW hoax for what it is.

Also, combating AGW increases corporate profits. Just ask Obama's buddies.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:31 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If it is truly a national security issue, then radical steps should be in order. Huge tax breaks for companies that find ways to have their employees work from home and to stop unnecessary business travel which is about half of it. Redesign society so people are living close to work and their food supply. Transform society from this endless movement to nowhere to a calmer existence where people stay close to home their entire lives like humans did for thousands of years before the advent of easy energy and travel technology.
But, but, but, they are trying to set up a mandatory carbon credit exchange where companies can pay money to pollute and pass on the costs to the consumers. It's a win, win for many businesses. If you own a large company, you get to talk about how you participate in the carbon exchange and promote how you're environmentally cool while helping ensure start-up companies without your resources struggle to compete. Politicians are able to gain more power and money, and governments are given greater revenue to use for its whims. It works out perfect for all involved, well, except for consumers, especially the poor, small business and the environment.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:32 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Do not trust the AGW alarmists. They have been caught repeatedly cooking the books on this.

Remember Climate-gate, Hockey-stick gate, Climate-gate II and the most recent South American data manipulation fiasco, just to name a few.
But it's the money and they are only cooking the books because they want to save us!

BTW, are the polar bears all dead yet?

Old 05-21-2015, 07:35 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
China could trade Obama some magic beans and he'd give half our national parks away. He's simple minded.
He's not simple minded. He's on the take, unethical, like most privately financed American top dog politicians. That is exactly why our top politicians appear to not work for the people as a whole.

Last edited by jmking; 05-21-2015 at 07:44 AM..

Old 05-21-2015, 07:39 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Notaras View Post
'Global Warming' is really an entire set of redesigns of the economy and government looking for a reason.

Don't get me wrong, I think humanity has been incredibly hard on the environment, from East Mediterranean goat deserts to NA megafauna die-offs, to ozone issues, to the upcoming demographics disaster in Africa. It's easy to believe that weather has been pushed around by people (in addition to the usual suspects like solar variation, axis wobble, cosmic rays, and the like).

The solution? Fewer people. Pushing down the birth rate, especially in the Third World, should be the primary public policy issue of the day.

Instead, the professional Left is intent on using AGW as a mechanism for a whole handbasket of ways to reinvent the economy, while at the same time actually increasing population pressure by encouraging mass immigration to the First World.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If it is truly a national security issue, then radical steps should be in order. Huge tax breaks for companies that find ways to have their employees work from home and to stop unnecessary business travel which is about half of it. Redesign society so people are living close to work and their food supply. Transform society from this endless movement to nowhere to a calmer existence where people stay close to home their entire lives like humans did for thousands of years before the advent of easy energy and travel technology.
How dare you two inject rational thought into this!

Old 05-21-2015, 07:40 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama frames 'global warming' as national security threat...

"Make no mistake, it will impact how our military defends our country," the president says in excerpts of a commencement address prepared for delivery Wednesday at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in New London, Connecticut. "And so we need to act and we need to act now."

These guys never give up, every week he makes the same claims, even though we have not had any global warming for almost two decades now. Why would we listen to a guy anyway, whose every idea and policy has been a failure?
Obama has gone off the rails!

He lives in a fantasy world and hopes his minions will explain his wild ramblings to give them credibility.

A communicator would not just make such a wild claim, he would expalin it. He would desire to gain support by detailing his logic, however, Obam has lived in a protected shell and depends on his propaganda machine and his bewildered and confused supporters to rally around him.

Fortunately the rest of the country never subscribed to this comic book character elected in a novelty election to head the country. Obama adminstraion is the Roger Rabbit movie come to life.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:50 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Obama frames 'global warming' as national security threat...

"Make no mistake, it will impact how our military defends our country," the president says in excerpts of a commencement address prepared for delivery Wednesday at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in New London, Connecticut. "And so we need to act and we need to act now."

These guys never give up, every week he makes the same claims, even though we have not had any global warming for almost two decades now. Why would we listen to a guy anyway, whose every idea and policy has been a failure?
Agree with you 100%. BO needs to study world history from the eyes of Mother Nature. He is totally dumb in this area, as are so many others who have had the brain-washed education/influence from other dumbed-down people/education.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:09 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Reading the comments of scientifically illiterate deniaists on threads like this one I could almost be inclined to believe my eyes are lying and climate change is a great hoax, coordinated by scientists all around the world.

Only problem is I'm not scientifically illiterate, and I have a perfectly functioning brain, putting me in the same camp as the majority of the industrialized world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies